MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which player not on your team will win POY?

Sean O'Brien
3%
Reed Timmer
2%
McKyle McIntosh
10%
Paris Lee
10%
Brenton Scott
5%
Milton Doyle
14%
Dequan Miller
No votes
Markis McDuffie
15%
Shaq Morris
5%
Jeremy Morgan
36%

Total votes : 59

Re: MVC POY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 2nd, 2016, 9:11 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
Highest pts per 40 for WSU .... Brett Barney at 28.6. We have our MVC POY folks ..

LOL! I said it's early...can use that throughout the season.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » December 2nd, 2016, 9:19 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Highest pts per 40 for WSU .... Brett Barney at 28.6. We have our MVC POY folks ..

LOL! I said it's early...can use that throughout the season.

I know ... Its a great site, thanks for posting it. I just thought that was a funny data point.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 2nd, 2016, 3:15 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:I have a great respect for Wichita as a school and for what their program has become, but their fan base has made it impossible to root for them.

I'm sure everybody is heartbroken and will be unable to sleep tonight.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 4th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Whether it's Championz, special sauce, shocker fever, it doesn't matter the screen name or moniker. There are others as well but it doesn't matter...

I have a great respect for Wichita as a school and for what their program has become, but their fan base has made it impossible to root for them.

Leave Sauce alone.

To borrow from RL, he is the Truth Detector.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 4th, 2016, 3:30 pm

If Markis McDuffie maintains his current statistical output, and WSU wins the league by two games or more, is he even in the discussion for MVC POY? He leads the team in scoring, minutes per game, and is second in rebounding.

22.6 MPG, 11.6 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.7 APG (1.4:1 A:TO), 0.2 BPG, 0.515 FG%, 0.421 3FG%, 0.765 FT%
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 4th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Wufan wrote:If Markis McDuffie maintains his current statistical output, and WSU wins the league by two games or more, is he even in the discussion for MVC POY? He leads the team in scoring, minutes per game, and is second in rebounding.

22.6 MPG, 11.6 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 1.7 APG (1.4:1 A:TO), 0.2 BPG, 0.515 FG%, 0.421 3FG%, 0.765 FT%

Maybe 2nd team. But that Timmer kid sure scores a lot. MVP!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » December 5th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Has a non starter ever been on 1st team let alone POY? McDuffie may well be the best player but he needs to get in the starting lineup (and I think he will). What is the reasoning for bringing him off the bench?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 5th, 2016, 6:34 pm

bleach wrote:Has a non starter ever been on 1st team let alone POY? McDuffie may well be the best player but he needs to get in the starting lineup (and I think he will). What is the reasoning for bringing him off the bench?

He started on Saturday. Not sure what that means going forward.

Marshall has said he has 10 starters this year. Brown and Kelly have been starting at the two forward positions. Kelly is 100% PF, Brown is 100% SF, and Willis is 100% PF. That means it's basically Brown vs McDuffie for starting SF. Brown is a little more defensively sound and has been practicing well, and although he isn't as dynamic as MM, he probably has a little more coaches trust and is a junior. He's also averaging 9.4, 3.4, and 2.4 in 19.7 mpg. He has the same total number of blocks and steals as MM and is shooting over 0.500 from the field and over 0.400 from 3, so pretty solid! The margin between the two (as with all 10 positions) is razor thin.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » December 5th, 2016, 7:31 pm

bleach wrote:Has a non starter ever been on 1st team let alone POY? McDuffie may well be the best player but he needs to get in the starting lineup (and I think he will). What is the reasoning for bringing him off the bench?

If theShockers win the MVC by four games, we may get one player on the first team and one on the second team in addition to our entire team being named the Defensive POY again and our coach may get the third most votes for COY. After all, WSU doesn't deserve Those individual awards. :huh:
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » December 6th, 2016, 3:46 am

Wufan wrote:

He started on Saturday. Not sure what that means going forward.

Marshall has said he has 10 starters this year. Brown and Kelly have been starting at the two forward positions. Kelly is 100% PF, Brown is 100% SF, and Willis is 100% PF. That means it's basically Brown vs McDuffie for starting SF. Brown is a little more defensively sound and has been practicing well, and although he isn't as dynamic as MM, he probably has a little more coaches trust and is a junior. He's also averaging 9.4, 3.4, and 2.4 in 19.7 mpg. He has the same total number of blocks and steals as MM and is shooting over 0.500 from the field and over 0.400 from 3, so pretty solid! The margin between the two (as with all 10 positions) is razor thin.

That makes it sound like he's not the best player or even forward on the team. Pretty hard to make the case of best player in the league after that. There is a lot of season left though.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball