MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which player not on your team will win POY?

Sean O'Brien
3%
Reed Timmer
2%
McKyle McIntosh
10%
Paris Lee
10%
Brenton Scott
5%
Milton Doyle
14%
Dequan Miller
No votes
Markis McDuffie
15%
Shaq Morris
5%
Jeremy Morgan
36%

Total votes : 59

Re: MVC POY

Postby uniftw » November 29th, 2016, 7:14 am

So Brown is Marty's new mule to put up 50% of the team shots?

Good to know. Hadn't really checked their stats yet.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » November 29th, 2016, 7:33 am

mule wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:
mule wrote:
Except the POY will not come from the 9th place team. I don't care what he averages on a horrible team.

I agree. That's why teams play games and not rely on preseason picks! Come February you can make all the judgements you want.

Wait, so it's okay to pick the POY after 8 games, but not the standings? Good to know. Let's cancel the power rankings until St Louis!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GoAcesgo » November 29th, 2016, 8:09 am

uniftw wrote:So Brown is Marty's new mule to put up 50% of the team shots?

He is the go to guy, but from what have seen he is better than the others because he unlike Colt and DJ can create space....team speed and defense is better just need 3rd scoring threat.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mule » November 29th, 2016, 8:32 am

Wufan wrote:[
SubGod22 wrote:
Except the POY will not come from the 9th place team. I don't care what he averages on a horrible team.

Wait, so it's okay to pick the POY after 8 games, but not the standings? Good to know. Let's cancel the power rankings until St Louis!

Don't try to put your spin on something I didn't say. I just offered up Brown's stats. He wasn't among the preseason picks and I threw them out there to compare them with the stats of the players mentioned in the previous post.
Power Rankings! What are you talking about? Of course the standings will be a huge factor in on all selections, POY, FOY, All Conference. What shouldn't have any effect is the preseason picks by posters.
For SubGod22 to insinuate that before any conference games are played that UE will end up in 9th place and be a terrible team is just arrogant and stupid.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mule » November 29th, 2016, 8:47 am

GoAcesgo wrote:
uniftw wrote:So Brown is Marty's new mule to put up 50% of the team shots?

He is the go to guy, but from what have seen he is better than the others because he unlike Colt and DJ can create space....team speed and defense is better just need 3rd scoring threat.

No, 29% of the shots with Ryan Taylor putting up 26% of the shots (14.5 pts). And yes the Aces are in need of a consistent 3rd, 4th, and 5th scorer.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SubGod22 » November 29th, 2016, 10:01 am

mule wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

Don't try to put your spin on something I didn't say. I just offered up Brown's stats. He wasn't among the preseason picks and I threw them out there to compare them with the stats of the players mentioned in the previous post.
Power Rankings! What are you talking about? Of course the standings will be a huge factor in on all selections, POY, FOY, All Conference. What shouldn't have any effect is the preseason picks by posters.
For SubGod22 to insinuate that before any conference games are played that UE will end up in 9th place and be a terrible team is just arrogant and stupid.

You're right, you might weasel your way into 8th. You're definitely a Thursday team unless something drastic happens to other teams and they're devastated by injuries.

Posters here or anyone anywhere doesn't expect Evansville to compete. You can call me arrogant and stupid if you wish, but what's laughable is throwing Brown into POY talk when he will be on one of the worst teams in the conference and is in a program that is perfectly happy with mediocrity and blowing their best chance in ages to play meaningful games in March.

If we can talk about POY candidates this early in the season we can talk about expected finishes as well. It's all relative. Just because you support a program that doesn't give a damn about ever getting better doesn't mean you have to be so naïve and ignorant to everything else.

Enjoy Thursday. I feel for some of the other Aces fans who want and expect more. For those like you, I find the floundering quite humorous because you're so happy with it.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » November 29th, 2016, 11:46 am

Unfortunately, UE will likely get a player on the All-Conference team regardless of Thursday finish just because they score 20 points a game while a real difference maker that plays as part of a winning team but doesn't get gaudy stats will be left off, a la Tekele Cotton. That will probably earn Marty another extension.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 29th, 2016, 6:26 pm

mule wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

No spin. You disagreed with the 9th place prediction, and said we had to wait until February to determine positional finish, however, you are perfectly okay with predicting POY in November. Is this not what was said?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » November 29th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Wufan wrote:
mule wrote:Don't try to put your spin on something I didn't say. I just offered up Brown's stats. He wasn't among the preseason picks and I threw them out there to compare them with the stats of the players mentioned in the previous post.

No spin. You disagreed with the 9th place prediction, and said we had to wait until February to determine positional finish, however, you are perfectly okay with predicting POY in November. Is this not what was said?

Did I predict anything with the above statement? NO!
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » November 29th, 2016, 11:18 pm

I believe I started the Brown candidacy because he wasn't listed. I was told my vote didn't count. Broke both rules

Wait, so it's okay to pick the POY after 8 games, but not the standings? Good to know. Let's cancel the power rankings until St Louis!Wufan

obviously the poll setter had already eliminate certain teams therefore the polls that maybe faulty....eh Hillary??

Evansville has a very good defensive team with 5 senior players. They do lack and need another scoring Threat or 2, who should emerge before conference play.

There were some conference teams who have shown to be overrated in the first 8 games. UE isn't one of them. The inaccuracies in the POY polls exist and should be reset and show all qualified players

:Cheers:
Last edited by sixth ace on November 29th, 2016, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball