MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which player not on your team will win POY?

Sean O'Brien
3%
Reed Timmer
2%
McKyle McIntosh
10%
Paris Lee
10%
Brenton Scott
5%
Milton Doyle
14%
Dequan Miller
No votes
Markis McDuffie
15%
Shaq Morris
5%
Jeremy Morgan
36%

Total votes : 59

Re: MVC POY

Postby PantherSigEp » December 11th, 2016, 4:52 pm

specialsauce wrote:
uniftw wrote:Well, J Mo just scored 38 in one half.

Is that a POY performance?

22 free throws in one half??? Wow, I don't think our team has shot 22 free throws in one game this year.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » December 11th, 2016, 5:19 pm

specialsauce wrote:
uniftw wrote:Well, J Mo just scored 38 in one half.

Is that a POY performance?

22 free throws in one half??? Wow, I don't think our team has shot 22 free throws in one game this year.

Yeah. He was aggressive in getting to the basket and got and 1 calls. He also shot 8 of those free throws in the final 1:33 as the game was in "foul to extend" mode. He took control of the ball and put his team on his back......like a POY would do.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AceMatt » December 11th, 2016, 5:57 pm

My POY for the early part of the season would have to be Aundre Jackson of Loyola. He is an unheard of 24-26 on FG attempts in his last 3 games. For the season he is shooting over 74% and averaging 16.6 ppg
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » December 11th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Jaylon Brown, Audre Jackson, Jeremy Morgan, and Brenton Scott have had statistically phenomenal starts to the season. Hard to imagine those four won't be first team All-MVC.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 11th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I Think MSU's Alize Johnson is a dark horse contender for POY. On the season he's averaging 14 points per game on 63% shooting (47% on threes) along with 8 boards a game. Great stats considering he's been in foul trouble several games which limited his playing time. At 6'9" with guard like ball handling skills he can really get a good shot almost at will. I think he'll get even better as the season progresses and he further adjusts to D1 ball.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » December 11th, 2016, 6:44 pm

Wufan wrote:Jaylon Brown, Audre Jackson, Jeremy Morgan, and Brenton Scott have had statistically phenomenal starts to the season. Hard to imagine those four won't be first team All-MVC.

Is POY voting based on non-con performance, conference performance, or overall performance?
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » December 11th, 2016, 7:34 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Wufan wrote:Jaylon Brown, Audre Jackson, Jeremy Morgan, and Brenton Scott have had statistically phenomenal starts to the season. Hard to imagine those four won't be first team All-MVC.

Is POY voting based on non-con performance, conference performance, or overall performance?

I could be mistaken, but I believe the voters are given little if any direction; therefore, it is whatever the chosen decide it to be.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 11th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Wufan wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I could be mistaken, but I believe the voters are given little if any direction; therefore, it is whatever the chosen decide it to be.

I don't think you are mistaken. We've debated this before. Pretty sure there is no official criteria for POY, NOY, COY, etc.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » December 12th, 2016, 11:28 am

Surely it is the entire year.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » December 12th, 2016, 11:31 am

No chance a WSU player gets POY. Everyone else have fun.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball