MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which player not on your team will win POY?

Sean O'Brien
3%
Reed Timmer
2%
McKyle McIntosh
10%
Paris Lee
10%
Brenton Scott
5%
Milton Doyle
14%
Dequan Miller
No votes
Markis McDuffie
15%
Shaq Morris
5%
Jeremy Morgan
36%

Total votes : 59

Re: MVC POY

Postby Brot4britu » January 8th, 2017, 2:29 am

AND HERE COMES MILTON !!!

He pumped in 35 played great DEFENSE --grabbed 10 boards !! On the road against an improving Bradley.

He MIGHT--I say might go off again next in Wichita.
Brot4britu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby specialsauce » January 9th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Ok, so who starts to emerge among the POY voters if UNI continues a trend towards Thursday. Surely a POY can't come from a play-in team, can they?
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 9th, 2017, 5:11 pm

specialsauce wrote:Ok, so who starts to emerge among the POY voters if UNI continues a trend towards Thursday. Surely a POY can't come from a play-in team, can they?

You wouldn't think so...

WSU - Willis or McDuffie
ISUr - Lee or McIntosh (maybe Hawkins)

Morgan, Doyle, Scott, Brown and Johnson would get consideration depending on how their teams perform
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 9th, 2017, 5:17 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Ok, so who starts to emerge among the POY voters if UNI continues a trend towards Thursday. Surely a POY can't come from a play-in team, can they?

You wouldn't think so...

WSU - Willis or McDuffie
ISUr - Lee or McIntosh (maybe Hawkins)

Morgan, Doyle, Scott, Brown and Johnson would get consideration depending on how their teams perform

If Shamet continues his current conference performance trajectory he's going to be in the discussion. He currently has the highest ORtg per KenPom of any valley player that plays at least 40% of minutes.

I would be very surprised if they award it to a Freshman unless he just starts putting up stupid numbers.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 9th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Not necessarily advocating these guys, but here's the conference numbers:

Shamet - 14, 2, 5...9:1 A:TO ratio, 2 steals per game, 56% from the field, 44% from 3, 3 for 3 from the stripe.
Willis - 14, 6, 1...2 blocks per game, 50%/0%/83%
McDuffie - 13, 6, 2...57%/50%/94%

They were not this good in the non-con.

ISUr big three MVC numbers:

McIntosh - 19, 7, 3...49%/50%/74%
Hawkins - 14, 6, 2...46%/56%/89%
Lee - 10, 7, 5...35%/38%/67%, 2:1 A:TO, 2 steals per game
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 9th, 2017, 6:42 pm

I don't think so either. McDuffie, Shamet, and Paris Lee would be my early favorites.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 10th, 2017, 9:25 am

WSU players won't put up the stats for POY. They've struggled to put up good lines against good competition, and they only get to play 19 minutes against crappy competition.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 10th, 2017, 11:03 am

I'd have to say Paris Lee or Mikyle Mcintosh at this point. Given WSU depth and ISU's relative lack of it they both have more impact on their teams. I'd be curious to hear a Redbirds fans thoughts on the two. To me I think Paris Lee would be a bigger loss for them at this point in the season.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 10th, 2017, 11:38 am

Blers wrote:I'd have to say Paris Lee or Mikyle Mcintosh at this point. Given WSU depth and ISU's relative lack of it they both have more impact on their teams. I'd be curious to hear a Redbirds fans thoughts on the two. To me I think Paris Lee would be a bigger loss for them at this point in the season.

Yeah. My head and eyes say McIntosh. The advanced metrics surprise me a bit and say Lee. I think Lee is a really good PG, but McIntosh is the matchup problem that people can't handle.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 10th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Blers wrote:I'd have to say Paris Lee or Mikyle Mcintosh at this point. Given WSU depth and ISU's relative lack of it they both have more impact on their teams. I'd be curious to hear a Redbirds fans thoughts on the two. To me I think Paris Lee would be a bigger loss for them at this point in the season.

Yeah. My head and eyes say McIntosh. The advanced metrics surprise me a bit and say Lee. I think Lee is a really good PG, but McIntosh is the matchup problem that people can't handle.

I would say that Lee is more important to our team but McIntosh is more talented.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball