MVC FOY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which freshman not on your team will be FOY

Landry Shamet, WSU
27
55%
Koch Bar, BU
5
10%
Johannes Dolven, DU
3
6%
Silas Adheke, UE
1
2%
Bronson Kessinger, ISUb
2
4%
Cameron Satterwhite, LUC
0
No votes
Greg (Boo) Williams, MSU
0
No votes
Juwan McCloud, UNI
11
22%
 
Total votes : 49

Re: MVC FOY

Postby Stickboy46 » January 8th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Shamet with 17 points, 3 ast, 2 steals on 6/10 (5/8 from 3) shooting in the road win at UNI.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 660
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: MVC FOY

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: MVC FOY

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:Shamet with 17 points, 3 ast, 2 steals on 6/10 (5/8 from 3) shooting in the road win at UNI.


Comparatively, how did the second leading vote-getter do today?
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 231
Joined: October 26th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby tribecalledquest » January 9th, 2017, 11:58 am

The biggest freshman surprise so far has been Nate Kennell at Bradley. Many fans, including myself, were questioning whether he was an MVC level player down the road.

After four MVC games he is averaging 11.5 points and 2.5 rebounds a game. Shooting 56% from the floor, 60% from three and 90% from the line. Of course those numbers won't continue but he has been way better than anyone could have guessed.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 933
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: MVC FOY

Postby Play Angry » January 9th, 2017, 12:01 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:The biggest freshman surprise so far has been Nate Kennell at Bradley. Many fans, including myself, were questioning whether he was an MVC level player down the road.

After four MVC games he is averaging 11.5 points and 2.5 rebounds a game. Shooting 56% from the floor, 60% from three and 90% from the line. Of course those numbers won't continue but he has been way better than anyone could have guessed.


That is impressive.

I know the Braves are senior-less this season, but am curious - have they signed anyone for next year? If so, could you summarize? I am excited to see what kind of talent Wardle can snag in the next wave of recruiting.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 785
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 9th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Play Angry wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:The biggest freshman surprise so far has been Nate Kennell at Bradley. Many fans, including myself, were questioning whether he was an MVC level player down the road.

After four MVC games he is averaging 11.5 points and 2.5 rebounds a game. Shooting 56% from the floor, 60% from three and 90% from the line. Of course those numbers won't continue but he has been way better than anyone could have guessed.


That is impressive.

I know the Braves are senior-less this season, but am curious - have they signed anyone for next year? If so, could you summarize? I am excited to see what kind of talent Wardle can snag in the next wave of recruiting.


Two players signed so far, both 6-7 but play different positions.

I won't go too into detail for fear of getting something wrong.

Ryan Stipanovich, SF, shooter. Similar-ish to a Luuk Van Bree but hopefully a lot better.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20160816/b ... tipanovich

Elijah Childs, Big and physical. Reminds me of Tyshon Pickett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg7f8wnfUXU
BuBrave2006
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 180
Joined: February 9th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby Play Angry » January 9th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Many thanks for the response. I think the future is bright for you guys.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 785
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby 2livewu » January 9th, 2017, 2:52 pm

Didn't the Stipanovich kid shoot himself in the foot?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 813
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 9th, 2017, 3:47 pm

2livewu wrote:Didn't the Stipanovich kid shoot himself in the foot?


Not sure if you mean this literally or not. Either way, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Also, Fun Fact, his High School coach is Blake Ahearn.
BuBrave2006
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 180
Joined: February 9th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby tribecalledquest » January 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Play Angry wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:The biggest freshman surprise so far has been Nate Kennell at Bradley. Many fans, including myself, were questioning whether he was an MVC level player down the road.

After four MVC games he is averaging 11.5 points and 2.5 rebounds a game. Shooting 56% from the floor, 60% from three and 90% from the line. Of course those numbers won't continue but he has been way better than anyone could have guessed.


That is impressive.

I know the Braves are senior-less this season, but am curious - have they signed anyone for next year? If so, could you summarize? I am excited to see what kind of talent Wardle can snag in the next wave of recruiting.


The best Bradley news this season is that the top four scorers in MVC games are all new players. Three freshmen and JoJo McGlaston.

Stipanovich plays at DeSmet High in STL and Childs plays at Lee's Summit near KC. So right in the MVC footprint.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 933
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: MVC FOY

Postby WSpringsBird » January 9th, 2017, 10:27 pm

2livewu wrote:Didn't the Stipanovich kid shoot himself in the foot?


I remember Steve Stipanovich.

http://www.si.com/vault/1981/12/21/8262 ... iving-down
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 114
Joined: May 16th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Re: MVC FOY

Postby tribecalledquest » January 11th, 2017, 10:20 pm

WSpringsBird wrote:
2livewu wrote:Didn't the Stipanovich kid shoot himself in the foot?


I remember Steve Stipanovich.

http://www.si.com/vault/1981/12/21/8262 ... iving-down


Steve is Ryan's uncle.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 933
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: MVC FOY

Postby WSpringsBird » January 18th, 2017, 9:57 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
WSpringsBird wrote:
2livewu wrote:Didn't the Stipanovich kid shoot himself in the foot?


I remember Steve Stipanovich.

http://www.si.com/vault/1981/12/21/8262 ... iving-down


Steve is Ryan's uncle.


Great bloodline. I really enjoyed watching Steve S. play.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 114
Joined: May 16th, 2013, 2:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mvfcfan and 8 guests