November 14th - 18th MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: November 14th - 18th MVC games

Postby mule » November 19th, 2016, 2:50 pm

UE beats Morehead State 69-56. Jaylon Brown 25 pts. Ryan Taylor 13 pts. 20 pts and 8 rebounds from UE's 3-headed monster in the middle. UE shot 79% in the 2nd half to expand on a 4 point half time lead.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 19th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Extra nice, Cats, extra nice.

I am not surprised.

I am very surprised that some P-5 team has not made an offer to Coach J., which is too overwhelming to decline.

rdr
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 19th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Extra nice, Cats, extra nice.

I am not surprised.

I am very surprised that some P-5 team has not made an offer to Coach J., which is too overwhelming to decline.

rdr

He did turn down about 2.5m from TAMU a few years back.

Turns out 1m a season after all bonuses paid in CF is more than enough to keep him happy vs 2+m at a places where 22 wins gets you on he hit seat with know it all boosters.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 19th, 2016, 11:42 pm

mule wrote:UE beats Morehead State 69-56. Jaylon Brown 25 pts. Ryan Taylor 13 pts. 20 pts and 8 rebounds from UE's 3-headed monster in the middle. UE shot 79% in the 2nd half to expand on a 4 point half time lead.

Who is this three headed beast you speak of?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mule » November 20th, 2016, 1:44 am

Wufan wrote:
mule wrote:UE beats Morehead State 69-56. Jaylon Brown 25 pts. Ryan Taylor 13 pts. 20 pts and 8 rebounds from UE's 3-headed monster in the middle. UE shot 79% in the 2nd half to expand on a 4 point half time lead.

Who is this three headed beast you speak of?

Sounds mystical doesn't it. In all actuality, Mockevicius was the beast last year. This year his replacements are David Howard, Sergei Vucetic, and Dalen Traore. Three heads, 15 fouls, and as many points and rebounds that can be coaxed out of them. So far, against mere non-Louisville caliber competition they have held up pretty well. Valley play may very well be another story. As the season plays on Traore may emerge as the best of the three.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SubGod22 » November 20th, 2016, 12:09 pm

Khan4Cats wrote: Wish some other teams in the conference west of Kansas City would be trying to put these kinds of schedules together, or at least winning the games they do schedule.

Is this portion of your post accidentally worded incorrectly? There's only one team west of KC in this conference and they schedule quite well and win more often than not. Maybe you're just bad with directions and meant east of KC.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » November 20th, 2016, 5:47 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote: Wish some other teams in the conference west of Kansas City would be trying to put these kinds of schedules together, or at least winning the games they do schedule.

Is this portion of your post accidentally worded incorrectly? There's only one team west of KC in this conference and they schedule quite well and win more often than not. Maybe you're just bad with directions and meant east of KC.

Whoops, as the New York Times would have fact-checked for Hillary: I got everything right except the direction. Meant to say east of KC of course. WSU and UNI are the only two trying to schedule at-large caliber schedules.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » November 21st, 2016, 8:07 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

Whoops, as the New York Times would have fact-checked for Hillary: I got everything right except the direction. Meant to say east of KC of course. WSU and UNI are the only two trying to schedule at-large caliber schedules.

Bradley played Arizona, Virginia and Seton Hall last season, FWIW. I feel like that buys us a decent amount of good-will with our schedule this season given the current state we're in.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball