MVC starter

Re: MVC-MWC challenge weekend games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » December 4th, 2016, 1:31 pm

pafan wrote:
bleach wrote:Coaching matters.
SIU will lose. We have the worst coach in the league and sent the second worst to SIU.

Last year's coach of the year is suddenly the second worst coach in the league? Goodness, that escalated quickly.

Also, did you forget that Drake hasn't fired Giacolleti yet?

I have always believed Barry was the worst coach in the league until I figured out Lusk was worse. I haven't had the personal experience with Giacolleti that I do with the other two. Drake is not known for putting together winners like SIU and MSU have. MSU, SIU, Bradley, and ISUR are the four programs with the ability to raise the MVCs profile consistently.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » December 4th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Come on! Give Giacometti some credit. Our record has got worse every year since Ray arrived, culminating with last seasons 7 wins, and we are yet to win a game this season, and probably wouldn't but for the two upcoming SWAC games. We might not even win those.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » December 4th, 2016, 5:15 pm

bleach wrote:
pafan wrote:
bleach wrote:Coaching matters.
SIU will lose. We have the worst coach in the league and sent the second worst to SIU.

Last year's coach of the year is suddenly the second worst coach in the league? Goodness, that escalated quickly.

I have always believed Barry was the worst coach in the league until I figured out Lusk was worse. I haven't had the personal experience with Giacolleti that I do with the other two. Drake is not known for putting together winners like SIU and MSU have. MSU, SIU, Bradley, and ISUR are the four programs with the ability to raise the MVCs profile consistently.

Well then, it sounds as if Lusk will be a strong candidate for the coveted MVC COY by our esteemed media and whoever else votes.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » December 5th, 2016, 1:46 pm

Several Valley teams did well in the MWC Challenge. Especially, I have to give LU some credit for their win at SDSU. This is a great accomplishment. I don't know what the rest of their non-conference is and that may blunt some of the publicity that they would get from this win, but it shows that they can compete with good teams on the road.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » December 5th, 2016, 1:48 pm

mvcfan wrote:Several Valley teams did well in the MWC Challenge. Especially, I have to give LU some credit for their win at SDSU. This is a great accomplishment. I don't know what the rest of their non-conference is and that may blunt some of the publicity that they would get from this win, but it shows that they can compete with good teams on the road.

Not to take too much away from Loyola's win, but it was a home game for them.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » December 5th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
mvcfan wrote:Several Valley teams did well in the MWC Challenge. Especially, I have to give LU some credit for their win at SDSU. This is a great accomplishment. I don't know what the rest of their non-conference is and that may blunt some of the publicity that they would get from this win, but it shows that they can compete with good teams on the road.

Not to take too much away from Loyola's win, but it was a home game for them.

Did they draw more than 500?
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby alap3 » December 5th, 2016, 2:36 pm

While Loyola did beat SD State at home they did play NC State strong on the road with a chance to win in the final seconds. That does show they can compete with good teams on the road.
alap3
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby ahunte1 » December 5th, 2016, 2:49 pm

SubGod22 wrote:Did they draw more than 500?

Good one.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » December 5th, 2016, 3:00 pm

alap3 wrote:

While Loyola did beat SD State at home they did play NC State strong on the road with a chance to win in the final seconds. That does show they can compete with good teams on the road.

Still can't believe the no call when Doyle got HACKED at the end of that game right in front of the refs. That win woulda been HUGE.

There was a decent crowd at Gentile. The way it's constructed even when it's half full it gets loud. Enthusiasm around the team has slowly been improving over the past two years...But it's building from the ground up really. Hopefully this win helps. It's so tough to get a crowd in Chicago with all the other professional sports; there's not one college team here that can claim a consistently large fanbase (if DePaul and Northwestern would agree to play UIC and LU on a consistent basis I think all 4 programs I think all would benefit).

Anyway congrats to the MVC winners! And condolences to Drake.... I hope you get one soon (just not against us at the start of conference play...)
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball