isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

December 5th - 9th games in the MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: December 5th - 9th games in the MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » December 5th, 2016, 10:13 am

Bradley had zero chance against Nevada Saturday. Fans who were upset with that loss need to check themselves.

Nevada is really good.

Now, the Ball State game Tuesday will be good test. BSU will be favored I'm sure. A Tuesday sweep would be nice. I think the MVC goes 5-4 but hope I'm wrong.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 5th, 2016, 10:26 am

When is the SIU vs UNLV game for the challenge?

As for this week, I am very interested to see that Butler @ ISUb game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » December 5th, 2016, 11:34 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:When is the SIU vs UNLV game for the challenge?

As for this week, I am very interested to see that Butler @ ISUb game.

Dec. 19th

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400918138
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » December 5th, 2016, 9:44 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley had zero chance against Nevada Saturday. Fans who were upset with that loss need to check themselves.

Nevada is really good.

Now, the Ball State game Tuesday will be good test. BSU will be favored I'm sure. A Tuesday sweep would be nice. I think the MVC goes 5-4 but hope I'm wrong.

Yes, Nevada was bigger, more athletic and skilled than Bradley. I'm not upset that Bradley lost to Nevada. But listening to the game and Wardle's comments post-game, it sounds like effort was a problem. That's an issue when you are in year 2 of a rebuild. Wardle even took some of the blame for the performance, which did not inspire confidence. I wonder how much this team is really "getting it". As in, what they are practicing translating over to the actual game. I don't expect to compete with the top of the league, but I do expect some signs that the team is progressing towards eventual success. The next couple of games are winnable and should provide some clarity.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » December 6th, 2016, 11:56 am

3 games tonight, let's get 3 wins teams!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » December 6th, 2016, 12:27 pm

isumvc1 wrote:3 games tonight, let's get 3 wins teams!

WSU opens as 27 point favorites over St. Louis. I really hope Ford can get them turned around if WSU is going to continue a Home/Home with them. (Their recruiting has definitely improved, that's for sure)
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 6th, 2016, 12:41 pm

I'm also very intrigued by the Butler/Indiana State matchup. I think that's one the Sycs could win and it'd be a nice pickup for the conference. Is this a home and home series? Is it continuing? Regardless, good for Butler to play a game in Terre Haute and not letting the foolish notion of playing in the Big East think they're better than that. Interested in the line on this one. My guess would be Butler -6
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » December 6th, 2016, 3:43 pm

ptownbraves wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley had zero chance against Nevada Saturday. Fans who were upset with that loss need to check themselves.

Nevada is really good.

Yes, Nevada was bigger, more athletic and skilled than Bradley. I'm not upset that Bradley lost to Nevada. But listening to the game and Wardle's comments post-game, it sounds like effort was a problem. That's an issue when you are in year 2 of a rebuild. Wardle even took some of the blame for the performance, which did not inspire confidence. I wonder how much this team is really "getting it". As in, what they are practicing translating over to the actual game. I don't expect to compete with the top of the league, but I do expect some signs that the team is progressing towards eventual success. The next couple of games are winnable and should provide some clarity.

The problem with the "practicing well but not playing well" is that they are practicing against themselves and not teams like Nevada :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » December 6th, 2016, 4:03 pm

specialsauce wrote:I'm also very intrigued by the Butler/Indiana State matchup. I think that's one the Sycs could win and it'd be a nice pickup for the conference. Is this a home and home series? Is it continuing? Regardless, good for Butler to play a game in Terre Haute and not letting the foolish notion of playing in the Big East think they're better than that. Interested in the line on this one. My guess would be Butler -6

this happened because many years ago ISU played Butler in a bracket buster game in Indy, so Butler was relegated to return the game to ISU the next year, they wanted to defer that game, so we allowed them to do so if they agreed to a 2 for 1 contract, i.e., 2 games at Indiana State, one game at Butler.

This is the 3rd game of that series, we'll never see Butler on our schedule again, much like IU and Purdue and Notre Dame, once we start winning some games against them they won't play us.

The game is Weds. night, so here's hoping we can end this long time series with a win, it'll be tough though, Butler is dang good.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball