State of the Conference

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: State of the Conference

Postby squirrel » December 14th, 2016, 12:16 pm

UEACES80 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Rebooting every 4 years is not the road to irrelevance. If you would like to see what that road looks like, ask all the Evansville fans around here for directions. They are taking it, apparently elated about it, and are willing to tell everyone about it being the best way.

What would be nice here is if we could selectively block the posts of some individuals.

You can. If you see a poster that you would like to ignore, click on their username to go to their profile page and select "Add Foe"
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » December 14th, 2016, 12:37 pm

Nothing like secluding ones self in an echo chamber of irrelevance. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace75 » December 14th, 2016, 12:46 pm

UEACES80 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Rebooting every 4 years is not the road to irrelevance. If you would like to see what that road looks like, ask all the Evansville fans around here for directions. They are taking it, apparently elated about it, and are willing to tell everyone about it being the best way.

What would be nice here is if we could selectively block the posts of some individuals.

The best thing to do is just ignore the troll. Eventually he will go back into his hole.
:Bam:
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SubGod22 » December 14th, 2016, 1:02 pm

You Aces fans amuse me.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » December 14th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Unless the hole is a conference where all programs are at least trying and a troll isn't an individual that brings more evidence to support their claims than the entirety of the "trolled" population, I'm not going anywhere soon.

I feel very bad for the Evansville fans out there that actually want to see their program succeed. I know they are out there, they are just drowned out by the masses clamoring for mediocrity.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » December 14th, 2016, 1:07 pm

SubGod22 wrote:You Aces fans amuse me.

All 3 of them on here?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » December 14th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I think proximity to basketball talent is overrated. It's 2016. Not like most people aren't found by everyone if they are good. And while half of people say they like to be "close to home" another half would rather "go away and find themselves" in college.

For close proximity to be a nice factor in "winning", all it takes in basketball for a team of 13 is to strike gold 2-3 times with big time players for it to pay off. Peoria is several hours from Chicago. It's not home to most kids. Some want to get away to the West Coast, but not all.

Example: Baker, Shamet, Shaq, and Frankamp. Then add Sunrise for WSU is a help to out recruiting.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Atlanta Ace » December 14th, 2016, 1:22 pm

As a long time Aces fan, I can agree that the Aces haven't been relevant for a long, long time. I think the program was at it's lowest point when Marty was hired. Under Marty, it's been a slow rebuild. To think that this is the same Aces program as the one during the 2000's, it's not.

The typical UE recruit has changed since Simmons has been there. They are more athletic and talented. If anyone can turn the program around, I think he can. As an Aces fan... I hope he can. I'd like to think that being a former Ace himself, he can get the job done. That's why I've been patient/quiet.

Am I happy with the slow progress of the program, No. I would have loved to see the program back on it's feet in 4 years. But...there has been some progress. It would be much easier to can Marty and take a different direction, if I saw no change at all.
Atlanta Ace
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SubGod22 » December 14th, 2016, 1:26 pm

Atlanta Ace wrote:As a long time Aces fan, I can agree that the Aces haven't been relevant for a long, long time. I think the program was at it's lowest point when Marty was hired. Under Marty, it's been a slow rebuild. To think that this is the same Aces program as the one during the 2000's, it's not.

The typical UE recruit has changed since Simmons has been there. They are more athletic and talented. If anyone can turn the program around, I think he can. As an Aces fan... I hope he can. I'd like to think that being a former Ace himself, he can get the job done. That's why I've been patient/quiet.

Am I happy with the slow progress of the program, No. I would have loved to see the program back on it's feet in 4 years. But...there has been some progress. It would be much easier to can Marty and take a different direction, if I saw no change at all.

He's had a decade to turn the program around. How much longer does he get? I understand that it's better than when he took over, but at some point, doesn't there have to be a higher standard than that?

As for Wardle, there's absolutely no reason anybody should be talking about his ouster yet. This is year two of a major restart and there are plenty of promising signs with some of the Bradley youth. I think you'll see a decent step forward next year with them. If things plateau quickly or start to slide then of course you make a move after year 4. But as long as it keeps moving forward and shows some good signs you stick with him a bit longer.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » December 14th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Evansville will end up bottom 3. Mark my words!
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball