State of the Conference

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: State of the Conference

Postby Brot4britu » December 19th, 2016, 7:16 pm

The only real weakness the Ramblers have is their size ! That is a REAL weakness BUT they are handling it well.
10-2 atop the Valley !! It could have been 11-1 ( shoulda coulda !) but for a no-call at the end Milton sinks shot LUC wins or ties BUT he was mugged AT NC ST--Loss by 2

This is a good fast well coached ( YUP MVC FANS) team which now runs shoots and defends plus has a nice BENCH !!
Shocks still the class to me but LUC and TREES with Bears fighting for place and show .
Brot4britu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AceMatt » December 19th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Brot4britu wrote:
Shocks still the class to me but LUC and TREES with Bears fighting for place and show .

You left out the Aces-The Valley's winningest program*

*Statement based on last 51 games played
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby specialsauce » December 19th, 2016, 8:41 pm

AceMatt wrote:
Brot4britu wrote:

You left out the Aces-The Valley's winningest program* **

** And a SOS somewhere north of 300

Fixed.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » December 20th, 2016, 10:07 am

AceMatt wrote:

Loved this.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » December 20th, 2016, 10:21 am

AceMatt wrote:
Brot4britu wrote:

So basically you guys are projecting either ISUr or UNI to the play-in game in St Louis!

:huh:
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 20th, 2016, 11:04 am

Brot4britu wrote:Shocks still the class to me but LUC and TREES with Bears fighting for place and show .

Interesting assessment of your top 3.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AceMatt » December 20th, 2016, 11:44 am

Redhawk wrote:
So basically you guys are projecting either ISUr or UNI to the play-in game in St Louis!

:huh:

My projected play-in teams would be:

7. Sycamores
8. Salukis
9. Braves
10. Bulldogs
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Bradleyfan1 » December 20th, 2016, 6:51 pm

I am biasedly taking the braves out of thurs and inserting the aces.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » December 20th, 2016, 8:36 pm

I agree with AceMatt, but think the Aces may slip down to that 7 spot for the Sycamores. ISUb is hurt by Bell leaving the team, but as far as coaching goes, I will take Lansing over Marty all day long. Evansville has played good at times this Non Con but so has ISUb. I will differ from most, and put LU in this conversation of Thursday. If it takes OT to beat U of I Chicago then things are not as rosy as many project. Time will tell, but I think we have overlooked the poor schedule that LU has played,and the fact that most their games have been either neutral or home games (UIC is basically a neutral floor just a couple miles from LU). Throw out the UIC game and tonights game at Toledo was only their 2nd away game of the year.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » December 20th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Old School MVC wrote:I agree with AceMatt, but think the Aces may slip down to that 7 spot for the Sycamores. ISUb is hurt by Bell leaving the team, but as far as coaching goes, I will take Lansing over Marty all day long. Evansville has played good at times this Non Con but so has ISUb. I will differ from most, and put LU in this conversation of Thursday. If it takes OT to beat U of I Chicago then things are not as rosy as many project. Time will tell, but I think we have overlooked the poor schedule that LU has played,and the fact that most their games have been either neutral or home games (UIC is basically a neutral floor just a couple miles from LU). Throw out the UIC game and tonights game at Toledo was only their 2nd away game of the year.

As a realistic LU fan I understand the thought but I do think this is a bit extreme. For one UIC is a talented team on the rise. They took GCU to the brink at GCU, beat DePaul, and just won again tonight. If you watch the game tonight the refs were out of control in terms of how ticky tack they were. I don't know if us being small they pay extra attention to how physical we are or what, but the past two games have been abysmal from referees. That said Loyola put themselves in position to win late but couldn't get the rebound and Toledo had a second shot roll in, out, then back in. Just a little more spin and who knows what woulda happened

The team does have genuine concerns on the boards tho. When you looked at Toledo and LU next to each other it was insane. We looked puny. We'll match up really well with some teams in the valley, but others could be really tough for us. Illinois State in particular seems poised to just wreck us with Hawkins/McIntosh. I still have us finishing around the 4 or 5 spot this year. I wouldn't be surprised anywhere from 3-6 though. Valleys gonna be a close race 2-7 regardless! Who knows.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball