Illinois St 30-20
Loyola (Chi) 30-20
Southern Illinois 30-20
Indiana St 24-26
Missouri St 21-29
Drake 12-38
Bradley 11-39

Banner worthy?

But seriously, why 50 games? And what exactly is the point if that record resulted in irrelevant post season play?

I went back and looked at the records for the last 50 games. For Evansville, that includes the 5 wins they got in the collegeinsider.com tournament giving them 5-0 for the 14-15 season in the calculations. They had 4 straight losses going into that tournament. For WSU, the 50 games starts with their loss in the Valley tournament and includes their Sweet Sixteen loss to Notre Dame. If the comparison is not exactly 50 games, WSU's record is better than Evansville's, unless you started with last years WSU loss to Tulsa when FVV was injured.

Those 50 games would also include the losses WSU picked up with FVV out last year.

Here are the records for the last 3 seasons:
WSU 64-16
Evansville 56-25
Last edited by LanceShock on December 17th, 2016, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: State of the Conference

Postby Redhawk » December 17th, 2016, 8:36 am

Thanks LanceShock!

Not sure about the 50 game reference but anyone watching the Valley knows that WSU has been far and away the best team in the league....and at points one of the best in the country...the last few years.

Figures lie and liers fiqure but any attempts to equate WSU to Evansville are ridiculous!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » December 17th, 2016, 11:53 am

In no way does the fact that the Aces record of the last 50 games is the the same as WSU's infer that the Aces were as good as WSU. Only a complete fool could come that conclusion. It just means that over that period of time their records were the same. During that same period of time my high school teams record was way better than either team. Sure as hell doesn't make them a better team than the Aces or Shockers.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 17th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Then I'm just wondering what the point of the post was, other than an obvious troll job.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » December 17th, 2016, 2:39 pm

specialsauce wrote:Then I'm just wondering what the point of the post was, other than an obvious troll job.

Well, I guess that's something that either one of us will ever know.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AceMatt » December 17th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Just a stat that I figured fit into the state of the conference topic. Nothing was meant to be inferred. Teams with identical records were listed in alphabetical order and I purposely avoided ordinal rankings.
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » December 17th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Number of he ars with a winning conference record in last decade:

Creighton 7
Northern Iowa 7
WSU 7
Illinois State 5
Indiana State 3
Southern Illinois 3
Bradley 2
Evansville 2
Missouri State 2
Drake 1
Loyola 0
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » December 19th, 2016, 11:58 am

Looking down the line...Red bird fans: Any idea at this point at what next year will look like? Seems like you rely heavily on Paris Lee and Deonte Hawkins on offense and the depth isn't really there yet... thoughts on their future? Any big time replacements coming in to fill their roles? Most redbird fans here seem to not like Muller's coaching tactics and argue he relies too much on these guys talents so i'm curious if there's a fear of what's to come when you lose arguably you're two best players.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 19th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Blers wrote:Looking down the line...Red bird fans: Any idea at this point at what next year will look like? Seems like you rely heavily on Paris Lee and Deonte Hawkins on offense and the depth isn't really there yet... thoughts on their future? Any big time replacements coming in to fill their roles? Most redbird fans here seem to not like Muller's coaching tactics and argue he relies too much on these guys talents so i'm curious if there's a fear of what's to come when you lose arguably you're two best players.

We had better hope Elijah Clarence is the real deal at pg. Early indications are that he is.
We do add two D1 transfers...Milik Yarbrough (dad played for ISUr - transfer from SLU) and Christian Romine (transfer from UTEP).
Also, add a really solid wing, imo, juco transfer William Tinsley. He can really shoot it.

Uncertainty galore though, especially considering Muller's tenure has been filled with roster turnover every year (5-6 players). That, above all else, is the biggest issue for continuity and thus long-term success for this program. And, also why it's impossible to predict year after year what to expect with our program.

McIntosh will still be around, so that's good (assuming he doesn't leave too).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball