MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Dec. 17-18 Games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 17th, 2016, 10:34 pm

ACECARD wrote:
Bball Junkie wrote:Gutsy win by the Aces. Won on the road very short handed without Willie Wiley and Dru Smith who were out with injuries. Jaylon Brown was a beast once again, but Christian Benzon was the MVP of the game with a career high 18 points.

That's a sign of a pretty decent team, when you can lose good players, and still win on the road at a tough place to win. Might be the deepest Aces team in the last ten years.

You beat Austin Peay. Their best win to date was versus Delaware by 1. They are 4-7 with wins over powerhouses like Spalding, North. Kentucky and Oakland City...tame your excitement...you UE fans are ridiculous
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » December 17th, 2016, 10:45 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:This site will be good for the next 48 hours... lol

Not as good as your basketball program has been for the last 18 years... lol

Really Championz?

So your boy retire12 throws out his little trolling dart and I respond back, and you're quoting me because?

You try to act fair and balanced but you clearly ignore the real instigators here if they're redbird fans. And obviously have it out for me. Sad.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bball Junkie » December 17th, 2016, 10:46 pm

I think winning on the road with 5 players out via injury/redshirt is still a god win, regardless if it's a Top 100 win or a win against a middle of the road OVC team. I hope the Redbirds beat St Joes tomorrow.
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » December 17th, 2016, 11:11 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:I think winning on the road with 5 players out via injury/redshirt is still a god win, regardless if it's a Top 100 win or a win against a middle of the road OVC team. I hope the Redbirds beat St Joes tomorrow.

What exactly is winning on the road against a bad team good for? Giving yourself a pat on the back?

Maybe a better question would be, why are you playing a bad team on the road?

I will accept "We're striving for mediocrity" as an answer.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 17th, 2016, 11:24 pm

specialsauce wrote:
So your boy retire12 throws out his little trolling dart and I respond back, and you're quoting me because?

You try to act fair and balanced but you clearly ignore the real instigators here if they're redbird fans. And obviously have it out for me. Sad.

I thought it was a rather neutral statement. Not instigating anything by him, just a general statement. Clearly these Evansville posts have made it interesting.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » December 17th, 2016, 11:49 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I thought it was a rather neutral statement. Not instigating anything by him, just a general statement. Clearly these Evansville posts have made it interesting.

Considering his posting history, I think not.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » December 18th, 2016, 1:12 am

Looks like I was correct!

There was no trolling being done in that comment at all. Was simply noting that with the banter between Evansville fans and Wichita ones lately, I wondered how the tone of the posters from said schools would change.

It's not often someone comes into Wichita and thoroughly beats down the Shockers. Might be a while before we see that again. That type of outcome tends to set people on edge.

Case in point.

Relax, Championz, you're still the kings of the Valley. Everyone's due for an off night, right?
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » December 18th, 2016, 6:49 am

IMO WSU is still the best team in the Valley this year. But they have been fairly inconsistent. They really looked terrible last night. I'm not so sure the Shox run away with the Valley title this year?

To me this is really a down year for the entire conference. Pretty sure we are a one bid league but it will be an interesting year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 18th, 2016, 6:49 am

ACECARD wrote:Three rousing cheers for the Shocks, and UNI, for their sterling performances today. They both stunk up the place.

And you had be believing that Panther and Shocker fans were the big bad bully and Aces fans were innocent victims...Well what you said was true. Sometimes when people make true statements that we don't want to own it stings a little.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball