Dec. 17-18 Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Dec. 17-18 Games

Postby Wufan » December 21st, 2016, 7:13 am

Old School MVC wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:
I think the MVC regular season is Wichita's this year. Valley teams aren't at the level to compete in the Roundhouse this year, and as long as they feast on the bottom dwellers of the Valley, they should be at 15-3 (at least) giving them the title.

The Valley tourney can be navigated by probably 4 or 5 of the MVC this year, so it's legitimately the only way they're getting into the NCAA tourney.

The discussion on "settling" or "embracing mediocrity" is ludicrous. An objective fan looking at the Valley's overall picture right now is seeing the only option this year that they have to advance is through the Valley Tourney. Our Conference RPI stinks, and our banner team doesn't even have a resume that would get them an at large. That doesn't mean that their goal every year is to get into the Dance through St. Louis, it just means that this year that's what their sights are realistically set on. Every team in here wants a Sweet 16 to be considered a good year and an NCAA invite to be the norm, but realistic expectations have to be had once the year begins. That doesn't mean they are settling for mediocrity or their overall mindset is worse than any other team's, it just means they've accepted reality in the short term. As long as the long-term goals are there, why hate on them? I'll never get that about the outlook by some here.

Nicely Said.

Yes, well said.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » December 21st, 2016, 3:30 pm

Wufan wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:
I think the MVC regular season is Wichita's this year. Valley teams aren't at the level to compete in the Roundhouse this year, and as long as they feast on the bottom dwellers of the Valley, they should be at 15-3 (at least) giving them the title.

The Valley tourney can be navigated by probably 4 or 5 of the MVC this year, so it's legitimately the only way they're getting into the NCAA tourney.

The discussion on "settling" or "embracing mediocrity" is ludicrous. An objective fan looking at the Valley's overall picture right now is seeing the only option this year that they have to advance is through the Valley Tourney. Our Conference RPI stinks, and our banner team doesn't even have a resume that would get them an at large. That doesn't mean that their goal every year is to get into the Dance through St. Louis, it just means that this year that's what their sights are realistically set on. Every team in here wants a Sweet 16 to be considered a good year and an NCAA invite to be the norm, but realistic expectations have to be had once the year begins. That doesn't mean they are settling for mediocrity or their overall mindset is worse than any other team's, it just means they've accepted reality in the short term. As long as the long-term goals are there, why hate on them? I'll never get that about the outlook by some here.

Nicely Said.

Yes, well said.

I'll bet that very special 6th grader doesn't think so.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 21st, 2016, 5:07 pm

ACECARD wrote:I'll bet that very special 6th grader doesn't think so.

I think you can pretty much stop your bitching about WSU fans. You lost what credibility you had.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » December 21st, 2016, 6:59 pm

Wufan wrote:
ACECARD wrote:I'll bet that very special 6th grader doesn't think so.

I think you can pretty much stop your bitching about WSU fans. You lost what credibility you had.

I take back my thoughts that you are a half decent poster. I have my opinion, and that's what counts.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 22nd, 2016, 8:57 am

I'm an objective fan. The Bulldogs played well against a tough Iowa State team, while not winning, showed hope.
I'm hoping they peak about March 2nd and go on from there.

It will be a fun and exciting conference season, maybe more than usual for everyone.

Happy Holidays!
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball