OMG WTF UNI?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: OMG WTF UNI?

Postby 2livewu » December 29th, 2016, 12:25 pm

uniftw wrote:UNI may be a Thursday team for the first time in a decade and a half.

What's the story with Wyatt? Didn't he come back for a game or 2?

I'm not ready to bury UNI just because they lost to MSU at home. They won't be the only ones to do that.

I can't see DU, BU and SIU not playing Thursday. That only leaves 1 more spot. Don't think it's UNI, yet.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » December 29th, 2016, 1:09 pm

2livewu wrote:
uniftw wrote:UNI may be a Thursday team for the first time in a decade and a half.

What's the story with Wyatt? Didn't he come back for a game or 2?

I'm not ready to bury UNI just because they lost to MSU at home. They won't be the only ones to do that.

I can't see DU, BU and SIU not playing Thursday. That only leaves 1 more spot. Don't think it's UNI, yet.

I'd put money on him taking a medical this year. UNI is notoriously safe with injuries and was shocked when Wyatt came back when he did. It's a high ankle injury.

I can't imagine Jake trying to force him back this year when he qualifies for a medical and can get a full year out of him in 18-19 rather than 1/2 or a 1/3 of a year this year.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BUDude » January 4th, 2017, 11:25 pm

I honestly never thought I'd see a UNI team play this poorly.
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Play Angry » January 5th, 2017, 12:00 am

BUDude wrote:I honestly never thought I'd see a Jacobson team play this poorly.

fixed. some of us remember sam weaver.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rambler63 » January 5th, 2017, 1:46 am

Last year on Jan. 23 UNI was 10-11 overall and 2-6 in conference. Then they won 9 out of 10 to finish the regular season, won the conference tournament and finally lost in double overtime of the NCAA Round of 32. They won 13 of 15 to close the season. Not that they've got anywhere near the same talent level, but they've turned things around on a dime before.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » January 5th, 2017, 9:57 am

Rambler63 wrote:

Last year on Jan. 23 UNI was 10-11 overall and 2-6 in conference. Then they won 9 out of 10 to finish the regular season, won the conference tournament and finally lost in double overtime of the NCAA Round of 32. They won 13 of 15 to close the season. Not that they've got anywhere near the same talent level, but they've turned things around on a dime before.

UNI is a Thursday night team.

Last years UNI team was 8-5 in the OOC with wins over #1 UNC and #5 Iowa State. It was recieving votes at one point. Then a month of injuries and illness hit. Then the team got healthy.

This is a Drake night exit team.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » January 5th, 2017, 9:59 am

Rambler63 wrote:

Not that they've got anywhere near the same talent level, but they've turned things around on a dime before.

Talent level is the major issue. Other than Morgan what do they really have?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » January 5th, 2017, 11:11 am

I am confused as to what on earth happened to Carlson. Last spring he looked like he was going to be unstoppable this season.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 5th, 2017, 11:29 am

Redhawk wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:

Not that they've got anywhere near the same talent level, but they've turned things around on a dime before.

Talent level is the major issue. Other than Morgan what do they really have?

I disagree. Carlson and Koch are good players among others. UNI just isn't playing as a cohesive unit right now.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 5th, 2017, 3:58 pm

As a positive for UNI fans I was impressed with McCloud's performance last night. Watching him in person he seemed to have a similar swagger to Washpun... I hesitate to call it cocky... but it's right on the border (though i'm sure it was extra good for him given his early struggles).

I see where UNI fans felt he could be a good one down the road... nice player!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball