OMG WTF UNI?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: OMG WTF UNI?

Postby Redhawk » December 22nd, 2016, 11:29 am

uniftw wrote:Turns out UNC having bench players that are 4 star recruits makes a real big difference when going against UNI's deep bench which is mostly zero star recruits.

Actually the bigger difference was that the UNC starters were way better than the UNI starters!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 22nd, 2016, 11:38 am

Excuses are like a**holes. Everybody has them and they all stink.

UNI is just not good right now. They are performing like a Thursday Valley team. Don't let the name of the school fool you.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » December 22nd, 2016, 1:40 pm

specialsauce wrote:Upper level Valley schools should never lose by 43 points. People will see the final score and it is not a good look. It's a SWAC level look. Excuses be damned.

Nor should they lose by 17 at home. And the score didn't really show how bad of a beat down it really was.

What's worse losing by 43 on the road to top 10 team in the country or getting handed to you at home by a mid pack/lower tier team in Big 12? Asking for a friend.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 22nd, 2016, 1:46 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Upper level Valley schools should never lose by 43 points. People will see the final score and it is not a good look. It's a SWAC level look. Excuses be damned.

Nor should they lose by 17 at home. And the score didn't really show how bad of a beat down it really was.

What's worse losing by 43 on the road to top 10 team in the country or getting handed to you at home by a mid pack/lower tier team in Big 12? Asking for a friend.

Losing by 17 at home is bad, but it's not 43 point bludgeoning bad. I would make a wager that Oklahoma State finishes top half in the Big XII this year.

Wait a minute, did I say WAGER??

What's worse? Being the fan of a D-2 program that hasn't been relevant in 18 years or being the most notorious welcher in the history of the internet? Asking for a friend.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bball Junkie » December 22nd, 2016, 1:53 pm

First of all, UE is not D2. Secondly, OK State is not very good. They lost to North Carolina by 32 earlier this season. I am not a 1982 fan, but there's no reason to rip on another valley school and its fans over and over.
Last edited by Bball Junkie on December 22nd, 2016, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bigdawg » December 22nd, 2016, 1:59 pm

It's been 18 years since Drake was relevant? Time flies.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 22nd, 2016, 2:18 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:First of all, UE is not D2. Secondly, OK State is not very good. They lost to North Carolina by 32 earlier this season. I am not a 1982 fan, but there's no reason to rip on another valley school and its fans over and over.

First of all, are you saying UNI is horrible then?

Secondly, are you willing to put your $ where your mouth is? OSU is a Top 40 RPI and KenPom team currently. That is the opposite of "not very good".

And finally, you gotta be kidding me right? That's all that clown does is rip on WSU. He does it over and over and over again. See this thread which he's nicely changed the subject on. He's hellbent since he got owned on a bet and didn't keep his end of it. He's also mad because of all the clowning he's taken on ever since he started posting on Valley message boards. His psyche is forever rattled, hence the off topic troll job in this thread. Pot meet kettle with your last statement.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » December 22nd, 2016, 2:19 pm

bigdawg wrote:It's been 18 years since Drake was relevant? Time flies.

Ouch. Nicely played.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bball Junkie » December 22nd, 2016, 2:55 pm

Sorry - don't gamble on sports. I never said anything about any valley team being bad. I typically root for all valley teams in their non conference schedule. I'm just questioning why you must rip on the Evansville basketball program and its fans just because of things 1982 says on here. I'm an Aces fan who is excited when they win but want more than we've been getting. I've stated I want the program to go in a new direction and a new coach but I will pull for them each and every time out on the floor. My advice is to ignore the trolls on here who use an Aces moniker because they do not represent every fan of our school and sports teams. Go Aces and Go Valley!
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » December 22nd, 2016, 6:27 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

Are we sure that UNI is an upper half valley team this year? They are 4-6 vs D1 with their 6 losses by an average of 18 points

And yet, at 4-6 they have a higher RPI than all but 2 teams in the conference, 19 spots ahead of the 4th team. And that 20 SOS? Illinois State is next best at 45. We aren't going to face that level of competition in the Valley.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball