OMG WTF UNI?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: OMG WTF UNI?

Postby TheObserver » February 13th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Oklahoma State: 16-9, 29 RPI, 20 KP, 4 Top 50 wins, receiving Top 25 votes, currently projected as an 8 seed in Lunardi's Bracketology.

Bad, bad loss. :lol: :lol: :Bam:
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » February 15th, 2017, 10:28 pm

Oklahoma State: 17-9, Tied-5th in Big XII, 28 RPI, 20 KP :lol: :lol:

Aces1982 just makes it too easy. Has he ever not embarrassed himself on any website? :roll: :huh: :Bam:

*crickets*
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » February 16th, 2017, 11:28 am

TheObserver wrote:Oklahoma State: 16-9, 29 RPI, 20 KP, 4 Top 50 wins, receiving Top 25 votes, currently projected as an 8 seed in Lunardi's Bracketology.

You have to admit it looked like a bad loss when they started so poorly (0-5?) in their conference though? If you saw this turnaround coming I want to go to Vegas and lay down some sports bets with you! :bow:

I know that doesn't matter now. All that matters is how a team finishes overall. Good news for WSU. That helps your resume if you don't win arch madness.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 16th, 2017, 11:33 am

glm38 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:Oklahoma State: 16-9, 29 RPI, 20 KP, 4 Top 50 wins, receiving Top 25 votes, currently projected as an 8 seed in Lunardi's Bracketology.

You have to admit it looked like a bad loss when they started so poorly (0-5?) in their conference though? If you saw this turnaround coming I want to go to Vegas and lay down some sports bets with you! :bow:

I know that doesn't matter now. All that matters is how a team finishes overall. Good news for WSU. That helps your resume if you don't win arch madness.

I think the point that a lot of WSU fans made is that the team that beat WSU in Wichita was WAY better than the team that started Big 12 play 0-5. That's starting to show now.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 16th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
glm38 wrote:

I think the point that a lot of WSU fans made is that the team that beat WSU in Wichita was WAY better than the team that started Big 12 play 0-5. That's starting to show now.

Sure. I watched that game and I wouldn't have thought ok state would play that poorly to start their conference season either. But ANY team can play well above their capabilities for one game. That could have the case in this instance. But given their turnaround they are just pretty good.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 16th, 2017, 6:51 pm

glm38 wrote:

I was there at the game. I had watched what OSU had done previously as well. They did not look like a bad team. That's why I said what I said.

You're right on with your second statement. That was a brutal schedule to start out with and most of their losses outside of their West Virginia opener have been fairly close. January 12th was a bit too early for the low-IQ Aces poster to start calling shots. And as usual, he made himself look like an idiot. It's about par for the course with him.

Good thing he didn't take the bet... (like anybody would take a bet with that welcher anyways) :Bam: :Bam:
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » February 17th, 2017, 10:08 am

It's funny that a WSU poster is crowing over how a home loss to the Big 12's 5th place team (out of 10) is now a good loss. If that's a good loss where would WSU rank in the Big 12?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 17th, 2017, 10:11 am

Red wrote:It's funny that a WSU poster is crowing over how a home loss to the Big 12's 5th place team (out of 10) is now a good loss. If that's a good loss where would WSU rank in the Big 12?

Good question.

Similarly, where would a team like Illinois State finish in the OVC?
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » February 17th, 2017, 10:17 am

TheObserver wrote:
Red wrote:It's funny that a WSU poster is crowing over how a home loss to the Big 12's 5th place team (out of 10) is now a good loss. If that's a good loss where would WSU rank in the Big 12?

Good question.

I assumed you would deflect to antagonize rather than answer the question honestly, baller.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 17th, 2017, 10:19 am

Red wrote:
TheObserver wrote:

Good question.

I assumed you would deflect to antagonize rather than answer the question honestly, baller.

Deflect? You mean like what 95% of this thread has become?

Yah, that's what I thought, snappy.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball