Bulldogs win a game!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bulldogs win a game!

Postby DUBulldog » December 22nd, 2016, 9:52 pm

Probably not worthy of it's own topic, but there wasn't a thread for this week's games.

Bulldogs beat Mississippi Valley State 101-69, with no DU player playing more than 24 minutes.

A couple of things that I don't think I've ever seen before

1. Drake led for literally the entire 40 minutes. Not something like 39 minutes and 55 seconds after a quick bucket. Drake led before the opening tip and never gave up the lead. (Bulldogs scored on a free throw on an administrative technical foul before the opening tip)

2. Drake's 12th man, a guy who had played 6 minutes all year, managed to foul out of the game. Never seen anybody come in for garbage time and manage to foul out.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bulldogs win a game!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bulldogs win a game!

Postby Stickboy46 » December 22nd, 2016, 9:53 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Probably not worthy of it's own topic, but there wasn't a thread for this week's games.

Bulldogs beat Mississippi Valley State 101-69, with no DU player playing more than 24 minutes.

1. Drake led for literally the entire 40 minutes. Not something like 39 minutes and 55 seconds after a quick bucket. Drake led before the opening tip and never gave up the lead. (Bulldogs scored on a free throw on an administrative technical foul before the opening tip)

2. Drake's 12th man, a guy who had played 6 minutes all year, managed to foul out of the game. Never seen anybody come in for garbage time and manage to foul out.

What was the administrative technical?
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » December 22nd, 2016, 9:56 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Probably not worthy of it's own topic, but there wasn't a thread for this week's games.

What was the administrative technical?

I think they reported the wrong starting lineup, or an incorrect uniform number. There was never really a clear explanation.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rollbird5 » December 22nd, 2016, 11:09 pm

:Cheers:
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » December 23rd, 2016, 10:27 pm

With the win, Drake's RPI actually fell to 349. Only Florida A&M and Alabama A&M are looking up at them.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » December 24th, 2016, 8:58 am

specialsauce wrote:With the win, Drake's RPI actually fell to 349. Only Florida A&M and Alabama A&M are looking up at them.

I noticed that, too. Bulldogs actually went up 17 spots in Kenpom after that game. RPI doesn't take into account the score or any statistics....just wins or losses. Since Drake won by a lot more than predicted, their ranking went up on Kenpom, which does analyze a lot more than just winning and losing.''

Obviously, RPI means nothing for a team like Drake.....but, they have definitely played better since the coaching change, with a dramatically quicker pace of play. Still, lack of athleticism will prevent them from avoiding Thursday night, no matter how much better they play.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drakey » December 26th, 2016, 11:08 am

I'm shooting for 351. I'm not sure it is possible though since the two schools below us are ain the SWAC and MEAC. Their losses will be worse than ours.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » December 26th, 2016, 1:06 pm

You are never as good as you think you are when you beat a SWAC team by 40, or bad as you think if you lose by 40 to Duke. Being competitive in your league is what counts.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » December 27th, 2016, 8:29 am

ACECARD wrote:You are never as good as you think you are when you beat a SWAC team by 40, or bad as you think if you lose by 40 to Duke. Being competitive in your league is what counts.

Paging UNI fans
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » December 27th, 2016, 4:49 pm

ACECARD wrote:You are never as good as you think you are when you beat a SWAC team by 40, or bad as you think if you lose by 40 to Duke. Being competitive in your league is what counts.

Is that the new MVC fight song?
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball