MVC NCOY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC NCOY

Postby Wufan » December 23rd, 2016, 8:46 am

This year seems pretty stacked with JUCO and D-I transfers. Some good players will be left off the NCOY list. Here are those in the conference top 50 scoring:

Aundre Jackson, LUC - 17, 5, 1
Ryan Taylor, UE - 16, 3, 2
Clayton Custer, LUC - 14, 3, 3
Ronnie Rousseau, MSU - 14, 2, 3
Alize Johnson, MSU - 13, 9, 2
Darral Willis, WSU - 12 & 6
Phil Fayne, ISUr - 11 & 6
This Bol, SIU - 10 & 7
JoJo McGlasten, BU - 9, 4, 1
Jordan Ashton, UNI - 7, 4, 1
DJ Clayton, ISUr - 7, 4, 1
Daishon Smith, WSU - 7, 3, 3
De'Ante McMurry, DU - 7, 2, 3
TJ Thomas, DU - 6, 5, 1

You have to figure Jackson and Johnson are the frontrunners. Too close to call who else will make the list with Taylor, Custer, Rousseau, Willis, Fayne, and Bol all being more than worthy. I'd keep Willis in the top 5 as he is averaging 18 mpg whereas everyone else in the top 8 is averaging between 25 and 33 mpg. If he had the same minutes as Johnson (27), he'd average 18, 9, & 1 per game.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

MVC NCOY

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby ShoxNAwe » December 29th, 2016, 10:25 am

Does Darral Willis' 25-point, 10 rebound, 3 assist, 2 blocks effort in his first Valley game make him the early leader for this award?
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 243
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 11:48 am

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 10:32 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Does Darral Willis' 25-point, 10 rebound, 3 assist, 2 blocks effort in his first Valley game make him the early leader for this award?


Did you really need to ask?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby ShoxNAwe » December 29th, 2016, 2:11 pm

Apparently so because we all know that Illinois State has the best talent yet again this year. I suppose we won't see their entry in the race until tonight against Evansville.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 243
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 11:48 am

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Nobody said we have the best talent. You just wanted to hear some praise about Willis. Clearly, he is a front runner with that stat line on opening night.

Nobody from ISUr will be in consideration. Lee, Hawkins and McIntosh consume too much of the stat line for that.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby Wufan » December 29th, 2016, 4:12 pm

I still think Jackson and Johnson are the front runners.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby bleach » December 29th, 2016, 5:29 pm

Wufan wrote:I still think Jackson and Johnson are the front runners.

I don't think what has happened before conference play is very relevant. Different schedules make different outcomes. What Johnson did against the Bears schedule will likely be better than what Willis did against the Shox schedule. Conference play is apples to apples.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 656
Joined: January 8th, 2011, 9:26 am
Location: SW Missouri

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby ShoxNAwe » December 29th, 2016, 6:45 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Nobody said we have the best talent.


That which is understood doesn't need to be said, but are you 100% confident that no one has said that?
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 243
Joined: January 11th, 2014, 11:48 am

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 7:28 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Nobody said we have the best talent.


That which is understood doesn't need to be said, but are you 100% confident that no one has said that?


Are you kidding me? I'm sure someone somewhere in this world has said that....but not a popular opinion as you are clearly implying.

That's a ridiculous question.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby Rollbird5 » December 29th, 2016, 9:10 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:Apparently so because we all know that Illinois State has the best talent yet again this year. I suppose we won't see their entry in the race until tonight against Evansville.


Phil Fayne: 17 pts on 8/12 shooting, 5 rebounds and 4 blocks :)
Chicago Cubs are the 2016 World Series Champions!

Twitter: @AMason005
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 633
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 1:10 am

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
ShoxNAwe wrote:Apparently so because we all know that Illinois State has the best talent yet again this year. I suppose we won't see their entry in the race until tonight against Evansville.


Phil Fayne: 17 pts on 8/12 shooting, 5 rebounds and 4 blocks :)


:+1:

I stand corrected
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby DUBulldog » December 29th, 2016, 10:19 pm

De'tae McMurray averaging 24 points and 6 assists with 6:1 A:TO ratio in MVC play. :dance:
User avatar
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2245
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: E-Villan, Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests