MVC NCOY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC NCOY

Postby bleach » December 30th, 2016, 4:54 pm

If he keeps losing the juco influences and Lusk doesn't decide he's just too talented to be a Bear, he will be OK.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » December 31st, 2016, 1:25 pm

Another big game for Alize. Another double/double. Other than poor FT shooting down the stretch, did everything. May be time to put him in the very early POY discussion.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » December 31st, 2016, 1:56 pm

bleach wrote:Another big game for Alize. Another double/double. Other than poor FT shooting down the stretch, did everything. May be time to put him in the very early POY discussion.

Clear favorite for NOY. My money is still on Morgan for POY
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stickboy46 » December 31st, 2016, 2:51 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
bleach wrote:Another big game for Alize. Another double/double. Other than poor FT shooting down the stretch, did everything. May be time to put him in the very early POY discussion.

Clear favorite for NOY. My money is still on Morgan for POY

Morgan has to carry UNI so that wouldn't surprise me. He's going to put up godly stats on a team that might not break .500 this year.

Don't count out Willis coming on strong for NCOY in the Valley. Not many teams have someone to counter him.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 31st, 2016, 3:55 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Johnson and Willis square off. Same position, similar builds, different styles.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 31st, 2016, 5:55 pm

Wufan wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Johnson and Willis square off. Same position, similar builds, different styles.

Should be a good matchup. I like a lot of the Shox Bears matchups. The one I'm worried most worried about is coaching.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » January 3rd, 2017, 3:29 pm

Johnson has his second week of sweeping both the POW and NOW awards this year with a pair of double/doubles to start the conference season including 30 pts/15 rbs vs ISUb . He's having some juco moments with some up and down foul shooting and occasional turnovers , but he plays hard and has a unique skill set for a 6'9 guy in our league. I'm sure he will start to be the focus of most defenses, so we'll see how he adjusts as conference season progresses. Rousseau has had subpar last few games so he has to make some adjustments; kind of what you expect from jucos as teams learn what they can and can't do and then game plan for them. Rhodes our 3rd juco has quietly had a decent start to his career; rebounds better than his frame would suggest and starting to find his way offensively. Still playing ahead of Kendrix to most Bear fans chagrin; brings some of the same size and skills to the wing , less explosive but perhaps more predictable in effort. With a bench including Kendrix/Dixon/Ruder/Kreklow and 6'11 McCullough, Bears able to bring in some serious bench help.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 3rd, 2017, 5:49 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Johnson has his second week of sweeping both the POW and NOW awards this year with a pair of double/doubles to start the conference season including 30 pts/15 rbs vs ISUb . He's having some juco moments with some up and down foul shooting and occasional turnovers , but he plays hard and has a unique skill set for a 6'9 guy in our league. I'm sure he will start to be the focus of most defenses, so we'll see how he adjusts as conference season progresses. Rousseau has had subpar last few games so he has to make some adjustments; kind of what you expect from jucos as teams learn what they can and can't do and then game plan for them. Rhodes our 3rd juco has quietly had a decent start to his career; rebounds better than his frame would suggest and starting to find his way offensively. Still playing ahead of Kendrix to most Bear fans chagrin; brings some of the same size and skills to the wing , less explosive but perhaps more predictable in effort. With a bench including Kendrix/Dixon/Ruder/Kreklow and 6'11 McCullough, Bears able to bring in some serious bench help.

Haven't Kendrix, Ruder, Dixon, and McCullough been starters in years past?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » January 3rd, 2017, 6:20 pm

Yes but, I think everyone on the team has started in the past More evidence Lusk doesn't know what to do.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 3rd, 2017, 7:34 pm

Wufan wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Johnson has his second week of sweeping both the POW and NOW awards this year with a pair of double/doubles to start the conference season including 30 pts/15 rbs vs ISUb . He's having some juco moments with some up and down foul shooting and occasional turnovers , but he plays hard and has a unique skill set for a 6'9 guy in our league. I'm sure he will start to be the focus of most defenses, so we'll see how he adjusts as conference season progresses. Rousseau has had subpar last few games so he has to make some adjustments; kind of what you expect from jucos as teams learn what they can and can't do and then game plan for them. Rhodes our 3rd juco has quietly had a decent start to his career; rebounds better than his frame would suggest and starting to find his way offensively. Still playing ahead of Kendrix to most Bear fans chagrin; brings some of the same size and skills to the wing , less explosive but perhaps more predictable in effort. With a bench including Kendrix/Dixon/Ruder/Kreklow and 6'11 McCullough, Bears able to bring in some serious bench help.

Haven't Kendrix, Ruder, Dixon, and McCullough been starters in years past?

That is true. This Bears team is really deep.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball