This Bol, SIU

Good new comers that won't make the list:
JoJo McGlasten, BU
Jordan Ashton, UNI
DJ Clayton, ISUr

Award Thiefs:
Landry Shamet - WSU
Darrell Brown - BU

Wow. Regardless of the end results of this....there is a lot of good, new talent in this league. When you couple the above with the fact that the all conference teams won't consist of 90% Seniors like it did last year, then the future is rather bright for this league!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: MVC NCOY

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » February 5th, 2017, 4:32 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Wufan wrote:Locks:
Aundre Jackson, LUC
Ryan Taylor, UE
Alize Johnson, MSU

Should be on, but only one will:
Clayton Custer, LUC
Darral Willis, WSU
Phil Fayne, ISUr
This Bol, SIU

Good new comers that won't make the list:
JoJo McGlasten, BU
Jordan Ashton, UNI
DJ Clayton, ISUr

Award Thiefs:
Landry Shamet - WSU
Darrell Brown - BU

Wow. Regardless of the end results of this....there is a lot of good, new talent in this league. When you couple the above with the fact that the all conference teams won't consist of 90% Seniors like it did last year, then the future is rather bright for this league!

With MM out for ISUr, Fayne probably nabs a spot alongside Shamet as the 4th and 5th players.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bradleyfan1 » February 5th, 2017, 10:36 pm

I'm counting on Jo Jo to finish strong. Still time for him. I'm also optimistic about what Wardle can do with him over the offseason.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 6th, 2017, 6:50 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:I'm counting on Jo Jo to finish strong. Still time for him. I'm also optimistic about what Wardle can do with him over the offseason.

No doubt a good add for Bradley!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » February 24th, 2017, 11:15 am

Jayden Hodgson has taken a giant step forward for Bradley during the final month of the season, averaging 8.9 points, 2.7 assists (1.6:1 A:TO), and 3.2 rebounds over the last 10 games, while seemingly assuming the leadership (both vocal and on the floor) the Bradley program has lacked for years. He's hitting 54.5% from 3 in Valley play as well.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 24th, 2017, 11:35 am

squirrel wrote:Jayden Hodgson has taken a giant step forward for Bradley during the final month of the season, averaging 8.9 points, 2.7 assists (1.6:1 A:TO), and 3.2 rebounds over the last 10 games, while seemingly assuming the leadership (both vocal and on the floor) the Bradley program has lacked for years. He's hitting 54.5% from 3 in Valley play as well.

He won't make the All Newcomer Team..and shouldn't...but he should be on the All Freshman team with Darrell Brown.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 24th, 2017, 11:49 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
squirrel wrote:Jayden Hodgson has taken a giant step forward for Bradley during the final month of the season, averaging 8.9 points, 2.7 assists (1.6:1 A:TO), and 3.2 rebounds over the last 10 games, while seemingly assuming the leadership (both vocal and on the floor) the Bradley program has lacked for years. He's hitting 54.5% from 3 in Valley play as well.

He won't make the All Newcomer Team..and shouldn't...but he should be on the All Freshman team with Darrell Brown.

I think Reaves has slowly worked his way off the All-Freshman team. Going to be Brown, Shamet, Hodgson, Haldeman...

Reaves is in the next group with Bar and the kid from ISUb.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 24th, 2017, 2:53 pm

Wufan wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I think Reaves has slowly worked his way off the All-Freshman team. Going to be Brown, Shamet, Hodgson, Haldeman...

Reaves is in the next group with Bar and the kid from ISUb.

Its not a very strong group of freshmen--at least statistically or from a league impact standpoint (outside of Shamet and Brown).
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » February 24th, 2017, 10:40 pm

I am pretty sure Matt Chastain would have been under consideration for a Freshman team spot, except he was injured in Game 3. Next year, Loyola will have Cameron Krutwig (3-star center), Christian Negron (3.3 star power forward), and Chastain as a medical redshirt freshman. That's a pretty good group of freshman talent.

The fact is, recruiting freshmen is a huge investment, and it's hard to get off the merry-go-round of recruiting ultra-talented, athletic jucos. I love how a player like Donte Ingram turned out... he came in without much fanfare and was a contributing bench player as a freshman, an average starter as a sophomore, and a multi-faceted high-imact player as a junior.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball