ok, let's get it going! Dec. 28th - January 1 MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ok, let's get it going! Dec. 28th - January 1 MVC games

Postby Rambler63 » December 28th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Wow, MSU... Nice work. Hard to win at UNI.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AceMatt » December 28th, 2016, 10:14 pm

I'm just curious who were the other candidates that Lusk beat out in becoming head coach. Good win tonight though. Missouri St. has a lot of potential this year and as a program
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » December 28th, 2016, 10:15 pm

We almost gave it away at the end but beating UNI on the road is a great way to start the conference season.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » December 28th, 2016, 10:40 pm

Paul Lusk earns a very deserved contract extension with a huge upset over UNI on the road!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » December 28th, 2016, 10:58 pm

specialsauce wrote:MSU looked impressive in the first half and then they went to prevent offense mode in the second half. Not sure why.

You obviously don't watch Lusk much.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » December 29th, 2016, 8:05 am

good game last night WSU fans, we sat next to the WSU fans last night and they were all nice. Great to see so many made the trip over.

WSU won the game with their offensive rebounds. They were just more physical and taller than the Sycamores. We just couldn't get those key rebounds, especially late when we'd cut the lead to two, then would give up another offensive rebound and score to WSU.

Indiana State played well, better than the most recent games, if we continue to play like we did last night we'll win more than expected. We just need to hope we don't lose games we "shouldn't" lose.

Will be interesting to see how we respond at MSU Saturday, early at that.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » December 29th, 2016, 8:34 am

MoValley John wrote:Paul Lusk earns a very deserved contract extension with a huge upset over UNI on the road!

You and our AD think alike.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » December 29th, 2016, 8:57 am

I watched both games (mostly) last night.

WSU - Where was Shaq Morris? Hurt? Regardless, Willis was a stud and the true difference maker in that game...if he plays like that all conference season I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shox win the league with a 16-2 or 17-1 record.

Indiana St. - Looked pretty good. Scott forces some shots at times, but he is their most important player obviously. Better hope he does not get hurt. Other Valley teams need to NEVER EVER leave Sycoc (sp?) open. He can't create much of his own shot, so just face guard him all game.

MSU - You can see why I thought they would finish 12-6. They might have the most talent in the conference. I was expecting more from Obediah Church?? They are similar to ISUr....could be very good, but coaching holds them back. Prevent offense was hilarious to watch the last 12 minutes.

UNI - The defensive intensity picked up in the 2nd half, but so did the homer calls from the refs. If they play with that intensity the rest of conference, they should win 11 or 12 games in the league.
Other Valley teams need to force Morgan into a jump shooter....way too many drives down the lane, getting to the line or finishing with layups. I would consider sagging off him a bit and forcing him to shoot from the outside.

Two great games last night. UCLA vs Oregon stole some of my attention late in the MSU vs UNI game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AceMatt » December 29th, 2016, 10:09 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Two great games last night. UCLA vs Oregon stole some of my attention late in the MSU vs UNI game.

That was a crazy finish with Alford missing the front end of the 1 and 1. UCLA is still my pick to be champions.

Good evaluations on the games last night too.

Evansville will be playing without 3rd leading scorer and only legitimate inside presence Willy Wiley tonight. Also back up guard and lockdown defender Dru Smith will be out
AceMatt
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Rollbird5 » December 29th, 2016, 10:44 am

AceMatt wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Two great games last night. UCLA vs Oregon stole some of my attention late in the MSU vs UNI game.

That was a crazy finish with Alford missing the front end of the 1 and 1. UCLA is still my pick to be champions.

Good evaluations on the games last night too.

Evansville will be playing without 3rd leading scorer and only legitimate inside presence Willy Wiley tonight. Also back up guard and lockdown defender Dru Smith will be out

If you see UCLA on tv this year it is a must watch, they put up tons of points! Very entertaining.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball