ok, let's get it going! Dec. 28th - January 1 MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ok, let's get it going! Dec. 28th - January 1 MVC games

Postby Stickboy46 » December 29th, 2016, 10:48 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:I watched both games (mostly) last night.

WSU - Where was Shaq Morris? Hurt? Regardless, Willis was a stud and the true difference maker in that game...if he plays like that all conference season I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shox win the league with a 16-2 or 17-1 record.

Indiana St. - Looked pretty good. Scott forces some shots at times, but he is their most important player obviously. Better hope he does not get hurt. Other Valley teams need to NEVER EVER leave Sycoc (sp?) open. He can't create much of his own shot, so just face guard him all game.

MSU - You can see why I thought they would finish 12-6. They might have the most talent in the conference. I was expecting more from Obediah Church?? They are similar to ISUr....could be very good, but coaching holds them back. Prevent offense was hilarious to watch the last 12 minutes.

UNI - The defensive intensity picked up in the 2nd half, but so did the homer calls from the refs. If they play with that intensity the rest of conference, they should win 11 or 12 games in the league.
Other Valley teams need to force Morgan into a jump shooter....way too many drives down the lane, getting to the line or finishing with layups. I would consider sagging off him a bit and forcing him to shoot from the outside.

Two great games last night. UCLA vs Oregon stole some of my attention late in the MSU vs UNI game.

Shaq was out with a thigh contusion. He is slated to be back Sunday vs Bradley.

And I agree, that was one of the biggest homer reffing jobs I've ever seen helping UNI back in the game.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » December 29th, 2016, 11:15 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
AceMatt wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Two great games last night. UCLA vs Oregon stole some of my attention late in the MSU vs UNI game.

That was a crazy finish with Alford missing the front end of the 1 and 1. UCLA is still my pick to be champions.

Good evaluations on the games last night too.

Evansville will be playing without 3rd leading scorer and only legitimate inside presence Willy Wiley tonight. Also back up guard and lockdown defender Dru Smith will be out

If you see UCLA on tv this year it is a must watch, they put up tons of points! Very entertaining.

UCLA vs. Oregon is what basketball is all about. It doesn't get any better than that. Can't imagine that UCLA won't be a final 4 team.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » December 29th, 2016, 11:27 am

specialsauce wrote:Willis was very aggressive tonight but he's proven that he's a capable presence as he's our leading scorer. I'm sure being Shaqless played into part of this equation too.

Sycamores are gritty and will steal a few down the road.

Another WSU road win much to the chagrin of ACECARD.

I expect this will be just the first of many chagrins this year. Pulling against WSU every game, and pulling for the Aces every game doesn't seem like it will be a very rewarding season. Oh, by the way Baller, how many screen names does that make for you now? This one doesn't seem very special.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » December 29th, 2016, 11:39 am

ACECARD wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Willis was very aggressive tonight but he's proven that he's a capable presence as he's our leading scorer. I'm sure being Shaqless played into part of this equation too.

Sycamores are gritty and will steal a few down the road.

Another WSU road win much to the chagrin of ACECARD.

I expect this will be just the first of many chagrins this year. Pulling against WSU every game, and pulling for the Aces every game doesn't seem like it will be a very rewarding season. Oh, by the way Baller, how many screen names does that make for you now? This one doesn't seem very special.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 2livewu » December 29th, 2016, 12:34 pm

AceMatt wrote:Evansville will be playing without 3rd leading scorer and only legitimate inside presence Willy Wiley tonight. Also back up guard and lockdown defender Dru Smith will be out

What's the story here? Injuries? Sick? Long term?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby purple&orange » December 29th, 2016, 12:55 pm

2livewu wrote:
AceMatt wrote:Evansville will be playing without 3rd leading scorer and only legitimate inside presence Willy Wiley tonight. Also back up guard and lockdown defender Dru Smith will be out

What's the story here? Injuries? Sick? Long term?

Injuries. Wiley has a groin issue and Smith had his knee scoped. They both were given a 4-6 week timeline, which would put both returns around mid-January. Leaves Evansville with only 9 healthy guys currently on the roster to dress until they return with Blake Simmons (ACL) and John Hall (Redshirting) filling out the other scholarships.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbirdgrad » December 29th, 2016, 3:44 pm

What was up with Reaves last night? He looked very lost on the court when he was in.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 29th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
AceMatt wrote:Evansville is the only team on any kind of win streak. They've won 7 in a row, no other team is coming off 2 straight wins

Well nobody else has played 2 non-div I teams and 4 RPI 225-300 teams in a row.

lmao
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 29th, 2016, 3:57 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
AceMatt wrote:Evansville is the only team on any kind of win streak. They've won 7 in a row, no other team is coming off 2 straight wins

Your perspective on quality wins vs quantity of wins is really off. Anybody can beat "cupcakes" 7x in a row, when you are facing The School of the Blind in many of those games...

Here is who you have beaten in that 7 game winning streak ---

Mount St. Joseph's (D3)
Austin Peay (RPI 243)
Norfolk St. (RPI 273)
Murray St (RPI 278)
Bowling Green (RPI 315)
Boise St. (RPI 113 - your best win)
Wabash (D3)

Your first Valley game....vs RPI 67 on the road at ISUr

You guys are better than I thought this year, but acting like this 7 game winning streak means something is crazy.

:+1:

:Beer:
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 29th, 2016, 4:00 pm

glm38 wrote:Good effort by Indiana state. Willis was the man for WSU. If he can routinely score like that on the block he takes the Shox to another level.

you said the shocks suck un the paint
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball