January 4th MVC games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: January 4th MVC games

Postby mule » January 5th, 2017, 5:35 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:I couldn't believe Marty left him in there after number 4...I was screaming go at taylor now!! its still early, we'll know a little more on standings in a week as there are a number of key games sat and wed

Taylor either didn't know he had 4 fouls or wanted to foul out. You don't stupidly swipe at the ball from the rear of the dribble and not expect to get called for a foul. :Bam:
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ptownbraves » January 5th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:
It looked like the Aces had open looks all night. I didn't see anything from the Bradley defense that looked like is was creating such a horrible shooting percentage. Those guys would have lost a game of horse to a Jr High team. Bradley didn't play over their heads..they were simply less bad.

Did we watch the same game? Bradley had a similar defensive gameplan against Wichita. Clog the lanes and force the outside shot. The only difference was Wichita gladly accepted the 3 ball and made Bradley pay, shooting 13 of 29 behind the arc and forced Bradley's defense to spread the floor. Evansville went 2-12 and kept forcing it in the paint. That's on Simmons for not taking what the defense was giving. A lot of initiated contact and contested shots resulted in a ton of fouls and tough shots for Evansville, and that's basically why they only made 12 made baskets.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 5th, 2017, 10:14 pm

Welcome back Bradley fans. You come in droves.

Nice win. It looks like you are on your way back to relevance again, which is great news for the i-74 rivalry!
It's been really lacking in recent years.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bradleyfan1 » January 6th, 2017, 8:09 am

I wouldn't say the sleeping giant is awake and on his feet. Maybe tossin and turnin a little. Let's see what we do tomorrow night.

Gotta stop the turnovers, rebound better and get Bar the ball deeeeeeeep.

I can't believe your asking for more calls. I think you got all you could ask. Especially the way it was at our end.

Or defending of the rim has been better of late. Your gonna have to shoot the 3 to beat us. The Ramblers are gonna be a good test of where we are.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 6th, 2017, 8:29 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Welcome back Bradley fans. You come in droves.

Nice win. It looks like you are on your way back to relevance again, which is great news for the i-74 rivalry!

Tribe, bf1 and myself have been here for a while, but we'll gladly take anymore bandwagoners that feel like posting all of a sudden. Being 2-1 with a road win is nice and all, but it's hard not to still be cynical. Recent teams would come out and lose to Loyola and UNI, drop to 2-3 and lose all their momentum. Hopefully this team is different.

#DB4FOY
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 6th, 2017, 9:08 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:

Tribe, bf1 and myself have been here for a while, but we'll gladly take anymore bandwagoners that feel like posting all of a sudden. Being 2-1 with a road win is nice and all, but it's hard not to still be cynical. Recent teams would come out and lose to Loyola and UNI, drop to 2-3 and lose all their momentum. Hopefully this team is different.

#DB4FOY

To be fair, there are a lot of dedicated Bradley fans. The fact that you guys still have the 2nd highest average attendance in the MVC (Top 100 in the US) is amazing considering the quality of what has been on the court.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Majik45 » January 6th, 2017, 9:17 am

Stickboy46 wrote:To be fair, there are a lot of dedicated Bradley fans. The fact that you guys still have the 2nd highest average attendance in the MVC (Top 100 in the US) is amazing considering the quality of what has been on the court.

There are quite a few Bradley fans around like myself. We just haven't had anything worth posting in a while. Hopefully that is starting to change.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 6th, 2017, 10:06 am

Don't tell Evansville fans that their team doesn't shoot enough 3s. They get very defensive about that. Especially if you point out that the reason is that their coach runs an offense designed before the 3-pt line existed. They get super defensive when you point out that they have the conversation themselves every year without ever realizing the reason or remembering that they had the same conversation a year prior.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby chitown fanatic » January 6th, 2017, 10:06 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:

#DB4FOY

This
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » January 6th, 2017, 12:33 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:I couldn't believe Marty left him in there after number 4...I was screaming go at taylor now!! its still early, we'll know a little more on standings in a week as there are a number of key games sat and wed

He kept him in the game because he is his best player. Evansville was down between 5-7 points during that time and under 6:00 left. Why would you take him out? Sitting with four fouls and sitting with five fouls is still time elapsed where he is on the bench. The Aces clearly aren't the same team with him on the bench.

So why fall behind more and then bring him back two minutes later down 10 or so?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball