Valley Game 4

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Game 4

Postby hot nuts » January 7th, 2017, 9:29 pm

I think I'll just root for my team (Redbirds) to win as many games as possible and let the chips fall where they will. Speaking of...today's game was a lot of fun.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 7th, 2017, 9:53 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Play Angry wrote:From a numbers standpoint, both ISUr and WSU fans should root for both teams in all matchups where they aren't facing each other.

The weiner measuring contest over my 18-0 is better than your 18-0 is silly and premature.

Yep. retire12 is really feeling it now. They start 3-0 for the first time in God knows how long... and here comes all the chirping.

Par for the course.

And they think WSU fans are annoying...

Illinois State started 3-0 last year too. Also, we are 4-0 now (not 3-0 as you stated), which is the first time since 2007 I think.

But man sauce, you just went off on a few posts. Got a bit irked there! Just know...
We are not worthy to you Shocker Fans.

I'm a Cubs fan, so I'm going to jump over to an MLB message board and exude my muscle to other teams fans there. Can't do it here without a Shocker fan getting worked up when another team challenges your throne atop the MVC.

I'm cheering for Wichita every game they play except against ISUr, which I know is not possible for a few Shocker fans to do (sauce), given their extreme hatred to all things Illinois State.
Last edited by BirdsEyeView on January 7th, 2017, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bradleyfan1 » January 7th, 2017, 9:55 pm

I think the selection team would leave The Shock out for going backwards as a program but would award the Birds because they havnt been dancin in awhile, if they ran the table that is and lost on Sunday in St Louis.

We needed a 3rd guy to help out Brown and Kennel.
If we lose to UNI the fuse may carry to the boom.
5th through 10 wide open.

Last but not least ..... Barry's after COY
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 8th, 2017, 1:26 am

specialsauce wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Still, his point is valid.

If you're a Valley fan... it's ISU we should be cheering for to run the table... not Wichita.

Whether you like it or not, WSU has just as good a chance of getting an at-large with name alone than Illinois State has. And neither is any good. Whether deserving or not, WSU has clout. Illinois State does not.

Illinois State also has zero quality wins on their resume. Zero. They also have a really bad loss to Murray State. Even with a rip of wins against Valley competition, you're looking at an RPI in the 30's with no meat on the resume. The committee will have multiple reasons to leave you out. Period.

WSU's 96 RPI is more about bad luck than actual performance. Now for sure, WSU choked away their only chances of quality wins. But at the end of the day, both teams are probably equal and will be determined throughout the rest of the conference season. Until WSU is unseated, they still are king - whether you like it or not.

And soon enough, WSU may be out of this conference and then everyone can really cheer for everyone else like you all do anyway.

Sauce, you are a special breed my friend.

1. Wichita's name can't defend their terrible resume. No, "name alone" (since that's all you have to go on this year) can't save you.

2. That's because you made your own bed and now have to sleep in it. Bad luck? No, my friend... You make your own luck.

3. The selection committee cares not what royalty you wish to bestow upon yourself.

If at the end of the day, Wichita is the one to run the table and grab a bid whether automatic or not... A tip of the cap to you guys. It will be earned. But to look at your current position and try and make up excuses as to why you're not even a good win on people's resume this year... Wow.

I get it though. You're scared. You want out of the Valley now because you realize if you slip or Marshall bolts before you make a conference move then you're screwed. You know the Valley is cyclical and want out before the downturn. Creighton was smart. They pulled the trigger and are now rewarded.

You guys? You're an NIT or two away from losing the depth of recruiting you're enjoying right now. Is this the first year down that path.. I wouldnt bet on it but time will tell.

Whatever happens please don't change. You make it enjoyable to log onto this forum everyday.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 10:18 am

1:26 am and posting 10 page novels? You sauced up a bit boy?

Not ONE mention of your terrible resume. Why? Because you can't defend it. That's your typical MO.

I knew this would happen. You're too predictable. Win a few games and act exactly like the WSU fans you bemoan and whine about. You're the biggest hypocrite of them all.

Expected from a fan of a program that's not used to winning anything meaningful. You have no idea what it feels like. Let's hope all the guys stay away from behind the prison bars this week so we can see the ultimate clash that I'm sure will send the 3000 fans in Normal into a frenzy they've never seen before.

Can't wait for the irked response! lol
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 8th, 2017, 11:01 am

specialsauce wrote:1:26 am and posting 10 page novels? You sauced up a bit boy?

Not ONE mention of your terrible resume. Why? Because you can't defend it. That's your typical MO.

I knew this would happen. You're too predictable. Win a few games and act exactly like the WSU fans you bemoan and whine about. You're the biggest hypocrite of them all.

Expected from a fan of a program that's not used to winning anything meaningful. You have no idea what it feels like. Let's hope all the guys stay away from behind the prison bars this week so we can see the ultimate clash that I'm sure will send the 3000 fans in Normal into a frenzy they've never seen before.

Sigh... where to begin.

First, it's called a social life. You might try it sometime. If you're as much fun to talk to in real life as you are on message boards though, I can understand that being a foreign concept to you...

Our resume sucks. Can't defend it. But as much as it sucks it's better than Wichitas this year, if only slightly. Due to this fact though, I was discussing the merits of which team to root for in context of the above arguement. If that's over your head... can't help you there.

Please discuss at length the hypocrisy in which you speak. I'm pulling for Wichita in every game you play right now. It's our only outside shot at an at large bid because your games are meaningless to us otherwise this year. I'm a Redbird fan first but a Valley fan second. I want what's best for our league. That includes its best teams doing well. You're not the same. You're wanting to bolt from the league due to the unrefuted statements I made last post. But like a pissed off spouse you'd rather change an argument when you're losing one to past history and now... attendance figures?

You're usually way better than this.... what happened?!?
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 8th, 2017, 11:09 am

Regarding the SIU MSU game yesterday congrats to SIU on the win. I have to say the Salukis have more talent than I thought. Good guard play and your bigs are capable as well.

But there's no way we should have lost that game. So disappointing. I've tried to focus this year on our considerable talent and not our questionable coaching. And I refused to believe that (coaching) wouldn't improve. But it seems that may be the case. I still think we will be improved this year. And will win some tough games. But coaching will hold us back.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James_SIU » January 8th, 2017, 1:08 pm

glm38 wrote:Regarding the SIU MSU game yesterday congrats to SIU on the win. I have to say the Salukis have more talent than I thought. Good guard play and your bigs are capable as well.

But there's no way we should have lost that game. So disappointing. I've tried to focus this year on our considerable talent and not our questionable coaching. And I refused to believe that (coaching) wouldn't improve. But it seems that may be the case. I still think we will be improved this year. And will win some tough games. But coaching will hold us back.

Much respect, GLM. I'm shocked just as much as you that SIU won. I thought losing Fletcher would really derail our season but Rodriguez and/or O'Brien have really locked in these last 3 games. The bench has proved to be better than I thought preseason. I'm not sure we can keep this up but I'll enjoy it while I can. Illinois State at SIU on Wednesday will go a long way to showing me if we are legit or not.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby James_SIU » January 8th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Just saw that Jordan Caroline (former Salukis who transferred 2 years ago) just dropped 45pts for Nevada in their 105 to 104 victory over UNM last night. What could have been if him and Bola were still at SIU...proving that maybe Hinson can recruit he just can't keep anybody around for 4 years. :|
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
specialsauce wrote:1:26 am and posting 10 page novels? You sauced up a bit boy?

Sigh... where to begin.

First, it's called a social life. You might try it sometime. If you're as much fun to talk to in real life as you are on message boards though, I can understand that being a foreign concept to you...

Our resume sucks. Can't defend it. But as much as it sucks it's better than Wichitas this year, if only slightly. Due to this fact though, I was discussing the merits of which team to root for in context of the above arguement. If that's over your head... can't help you there.

Please discuss at length the hypocrisy in which you speak. I'm pulling for Wichita in every game you play right now. It's our only outside shot at an at large bid because your games are meaningless to us otherwise this year. I'm a Redbird fan first but a Valley fan second. I want what's best for our league. That includes its best teams doing well. You're not the same. You're wanting to bolt from the league due to the unrefuted statements I made last post. But like a pissed off spouse you'd rather change an argument when you're losing one to past history and now... attendance figures?

You're usually way better than this.... what happened?!?

1:26am on a Saturday night and you're checking internet message boards? Yah, some social life.. :lol:

It's better than Wichita's? How? Because of the RPI? lol. You have ONE Top 100 win. ONE. You've played TWO Top 100 games. TWO. You have a loss to a 200+ Murray State team. Your resume sucks but it's arguably equal to WSU's. Sorry if that's a kick to your corn flakes.

Did you just say the games against WSU are meaningless to you? LOL. That's rich. I'm sure in your warped head you believe that just to spite WSU, but they're the most important games on your schedule, unless Valley titles are meaningless to you, and judging by your history in this league - they are.

Who the hell wouldn't wanna bolt from this conference? Are you still sauced? It's not like WSU carrying this conference doesn't get taken for granted. Everybody hates WSU. I get it. When you dominate for so long, it's only natural. But most of the fans here don't give a crap and don't have one ounce of future vision in their tanks.

In regards to today's game, I expect a full-out, herculean effort from UNI. They love getting up for WSU and I expect a full barrage of 3-point shooting returning to form today. Won't be surprised with an L. And definitely won't be surprised by your hypocritical comments following the outcome. Stay tuned.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball