Valley Game 4

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Game 4

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 8th, 2017, 9:06 pm

specialsauce wrote:1:26am on a Saturday night and you're checking internet message boards? Yah, some social life.. :lol:

That's because you, specialsauce, are the perfect nightcap right now. Love reading your stuff. Guaranteed to be golden.

specialsauce wrote:It's better than Wichita's? How? Because of the RPI? lol. You have ONE Top 100 win. ONE. You've played TWO Top 100 games. TWO. You have a loss to a 200+ Murray State team. Your resume sucks but it's arguably equal to WSU's. Sorry if that's a kick to your corn flakes.

Yes, because of RPI. You know, the thing they flash on the screen and discuss after the committee deliberates for a few days coming up with a little know thing as the NCAA Tourney... Even with the losses you've named... the RPI is still better than Wichita's. That's because of your 247 SOS. Yes, you can't control your non-con teams doing well, but it is what it is. A TWO FREAKING FORTY SEVEN. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it on any level. And the game against Northern Iowa might even hurt that with how they've been rolling lately.
So no, our resume isn't "arguably equal to WSU's". Yes, ours is bad but it's better than yours. We have nearly an identical record and have done it with a SOS 100 points (according to Sagarain) or nearly 200 points (according to RPI) better than yours. Neither of us have a quality win. We both have bad losses (ISU has a worse one), but looking at the data as it sits, the resume is better.
I'll pass on the corn flakes, but you can make me waffles if you'd like.

specialsauce wrote:Did you just say the games against WSU are meaningless to you? LOL. That's rich. I'm sure in your warped head you believe that just to spite WSU, but they're the most important games on your schedule, unless Valley titles are meaningless to you, and judging by your history in this league - they are.

This is where your good friend CONTEXT comes in. Yes, they're meaningful in that we'd like a Valley Title over here. Would love to run the table for that. But in terms of looking for an at large bid when it comes to selection sunday... when you look at your RPI and other numbers... wins over the Shockers would be meaningless. Might give us a couple top 100's, but you'd be out of top 50's which is what they really start comparing. All about context my friend. I apologize if that's a foreign concept.
You see, the adults were talking and having a rational conversation until you ran in guns blazing acting like you knew every side of the argument without listening to anyone. It helps to read, be informed, and then state educated opinions.... otherwise in instances like these you come off foolish.
Context. Look it up.

specialsauce wrote:Who the hell wouldn't wanna bolt from this conference? Are you still sauced? It's not like WSU carrying this conference doesn't get taken for granted. Everybody hates WSU. I get it. When you dominate for so long, it's only natural. But most of the fans here don't give a crap and don't have one ounce of future vision in their tanks.

This statement right here makes you... 23 or 24 years old? Can't quite figure it out yet. Will let you know when I narrow it down a little further. You're a wee lad still, with no sense of history in the conference. But thanks for dominating and carrying us. Without you, we wouldn't be here. All hail Shocker Nation...
Last edited by Redbirdgrad on January 8th, 2017, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » January 8th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Cdizzle wrote:They didn't play much better today. They had Janssen and played against WSU. And still lost by 16. Do you know how hard that is?

Janssen didn't do any favors to UNI unless you call letting the Shockers constantly get away with shuffle steps that have been called travels on UNI all year. Nurger was allowed to use his elbow to clear space down low as well.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 8th, 2017, 9:14 pm

As to the game, if the Shockers continue to shoot 50+% from 3 the rest of the year, they will without a doubt steamroll everyone. Someone I think the hot shooting was more of an exception for a team that on the year is at 37%. Very good depth wore UNI down the later the game went on and they withstood several charges the Panthers made and took advantage of UNI errors. They were much more aggressive on defense and got called for more fouls because of it, but UNI was unable to take advantage and get to the line enough to offset the difference in 3-point shooting.

UNI is not there yet as far as turning the corner but they showed some fight today. They stayed in the game up until the depth wore them out and the Shockers pushed the lead out to what it ended at. Need to build on this and get a road win at Bradley.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 8th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Janssen didn't do any favors to UNI unless you call letting the Shockers constantly get away with shuffle steps that have been called travels on UNI all year.

LOL, and I NEVER bitch about officiating.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 8th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:They didn't play much better today. They had Janssen and played against WSU. And still lost by 16. Do you know how hard that is?

Janssen didn't do any favors to UNI unless you call letting the Shockers constantly get away with shuffle steps that have been called travels on UNI all year. Nurger was allowed to use his elbow to clear space down low as well.

The only reason UNI was close for the majority of the game was because they were allowed free reign to hack as they pleased
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » January 8th, 2017, 10:15 pm

UNI had the game called the way they needed to be successful. It didn't matter.

WSU's defense isn't close at all (yet) to how good it's been the last several years. And even that is still light years better than UNI right now.

The Panthers chose to guard the paint and be beat by the 3. If you're going to give Shamet, Frankamp & Reaves and Smith those kind of wide open looks, they're going to shoot a very high %.

I get that UNI has to pick their poison against the Shocks. They need help to win. They didn't get enough of it today.

To the Redbird poster: Please tell me WSU's "bad" loss. I'm looking forward to your answer.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 8th, 2017, 10:20 pm

2livewu wrote:UNI had the game called the way they needed to be successful. It didn't matter.

WSU's defense isn't close at all (yet) to how good it's been the last several years. And even that is still light years better than UNI right now.

The Panthers chose to guard the paint and be beat by the 3. If you're going to give Shamet, Frankamp & Reaves and Smith those kind of wide open looks, they're going to shoot a very high %.

I get that UNI has to pick their poison against the Shocks. They need help to win. They didn't get enough of it today.

To the Redbird poster: Please tell me WSU's "bad" loss. I'm looking forward to your answer.

Also please list out all the other rankings that are considered.. Kenpom , Massey, sagarin etc etc. Nearly all of those really love WSU
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Gotta love playing at Flop U with Janssen handing out Oscar's.

'
No s***, that flop that they called Koch for the offensive foul was definitely Academy deserving.

And now you know how every fan who plays UNI feels. And that's just 1 to your 20.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:

You're absolutely, positively insane.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » January 8th, 2017, 10:26 pm

2livewu wrote:To the Redbird poster: Please tell me WSU's "bad" loss. I'm looking forward to your answer.

Good luck getting it out of that irky-jerky fellow. He doesn't take criticism well.

It PAINS him that WSU has owned his team and this league for the last half-decade. He'll say anything he wants to try to get the "edge". Just like this resume game he's playing. It's absolutely hilarious how bad he wants to win the NIT resume contest lol. :lol:
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball