MVC questions that I was asked yesterday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC questions that I was asked yesterday

Postby BCPanther » January 12th, 2017, 5:11 pm

2livewu wrote:
BCPanther wrote:.........but at the same time, I've never seen anyone as unhappy playing as Bennett Koch. I don't think he really likes the game. I think he plays because his brothers played. It's a shame too because on pure talent he might be the best of the three of them.

It gets better next year. As the saying goes, the best thing about Freshmen is they become sophomores.

This is what drives me crazy about fans. What in the world makes you think Bennett has more talent than Jake, much less Adam? Adam was a stud. 2 time 1st teamer and POY 2010? He was 5 times the talent of Bennett. Tough as nails as a sophomore.

That's just an insane comment.

Also, everybody else's freshmen become sophomores too. Why UNI's will get substantially better than other freshmen around the league, when none appear to have substantial physical upside (kinda important in D1 basketball) has yet to be seen. Lots of questions for UNI right now.

Count me in the group that wants UNI to improve and appreciates especially what they've done OOC over the years for the most part. They are the only other program to sustain anything of late. I WANT them to be good. I was hoping they'd be good this season. Injuries certainly haven't helped.

Eh, I'm not going to go down the rabbit hole here, but Jake and Adam both said it when he was being recruited and before he got here. May have been hyperbole, but I take them at their word somewhat.

We'll be back. I have full trust in Jake and he's shown over and over what he can do. Two higher level recruits next year too, plus a transfer that shot over 40% as a true freshman. We're going to be okay.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » January 12th, 2017, 8:49 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:I'm done cheerleading for UNI. People might dislike ISU, but at least they have gone out and got a bunch of guys that want to jump over you and dunk the basketball on your head. They want to stand you up on defense and reject the crap out of your shot. Jacobson wants a bunch of guys that fall over when somebody looks like they might fart. And as much as UNI has been one of the better programs in the league the last several years, they are pegged out. There is no up. UNI found enough money to pay Jacobson pretty well. But there isn't enough fan interest or money to improve to the next level.

Right, because I want guys that jump over me and miss the tournament for 20 consecutive seasons rather than the team that's been to 7 tournaments in 13 years and won 4 games in that time because I don't like their style. Makes perfect sense...

You can throw past history around but the fact is those "jumpy" ISUr guys finished 2nd to Wichita last year and are currently tied for First while your "system" guys are in last place. The Shockers, Birds, Bears and even Ramblers are over recruiting the Panthers and that's not gonna change anytime soon with your roster construction.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball