MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.

Yep, you've got me there. I'm new to the ISU party. Nice "facts" there buddy. :bow: :bow: :bow:

His point is valid though. How come it took so long to join? A strange coincidence that you start posting when Illinois State starts winning a few games.

You're just one big walking time bomb of hypocrisies and contradictions.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 2:05 pm

I'm honstely not sure I had another moniker on here. I think I've always been Redbirdgrad. On the old Valley Talk it was Redbirdgrad as well if I recall. If someone wants to jump in and correct me, I'm all ears. Between work and family life I know there was a time that I couldn't post as frequently as I can now, but I wouldn't ever change names to try and run from an old one because it was hated by so many people.

I lurked for a long time, I do know that. Just because you don't have 50,000 posts, doesn't mean you aren't a fan of a team or conference.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.

Yep, you've got me there. I'm new to the ISU party. Nice "facts" there buddy. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh. My mistake. What was your previous moniker? Or would you rather not lose one of the things you like to bash specialsauce about. I mean, your own reasoning doesn't even make sense. You make fun of someone who has been around for so long he's gone through 10 accounts and then turn around and call him a bandwagon fan. That's rich.

Either you've been posting here for a year, coinciding with the most successful year of ISU basketball in 2 decades, or you've had other accounts. You can't have it both ways and expect to not be called on it. Either way, you're really killing one of the things you like to hate on.

Per your best season in 20 years comment...We started the 2008 campaign 6-0. Then lost to Drake on the road after being up 12 points. That was the last year Drake was good...and they were really good that year. Hitting threes from all over the court. Here is the box score:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =280192181

Do you remember then CDizzle or did you join the Shocker fan base in 2010 as you are insinuating Redbirdgrad did in Dec 2015? You see in 2010 season you began your turnaround from average to below average to where you are now.....possibly the definition of joining the fan base when you are hot.

2008/2009: 17-17
2009/2010: 25-10
2010/2011: 29-8
and so on

This is just a question, but if you are going to dish....you gotta be able to receive.
Last edited by BirdsEyeView on January 12th, 2017, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 2:09 pm

lol, nice spin. But it was just destiny that you've decided to speak up in the last year. Pretty exhilarating stuff.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 2:11 pm

This site was formed in 2010 so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. Dizzle was on VT too so there goes that.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 2:15 pm

specialsauce wrote:This site was formed in 2010 so I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make. Dizzle was on VT too so there goes that.

Sorry, did not know that. Ignore that inquiry CDizzle.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 2:21 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Yep, you've got me there. I'm new to the ISU party. Nice "facts" there buddy. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh. My mistake. What was your previous moniker? Or would you rather not lose one of the things you like to bash specialsauce about. I mean, your own reasoning doesn't even make sense. You make fun of someone who has been around for so long he's gone through 10 accounts and then turn around and call him a bandwagon fan. That's rich.

Either you've been posting here for a year, coinciding with the most successful year of ISU basketball in 2 decades, or you've had other accounts. You can't have it both ways and expect to not be called on it. Either way, you're really killing one of the things you like to hate on.

Per your best season in 20 years comment...We started the 2008 campaign 6-0. Then lost to Drake on the road after being up 12 points. That was the last year Drake was good...and they were really good that year. Hitting threes from all over the court. Here is the box score:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =280192181

Do you remember then CDizzle or did you join the Shocker fan base in 2010 as you are insinuating Redbirdgrad did in Dec 2015? You see in 2010 season you began your turnaround from average to below average to where you are now.....possibly the definition of joining the fan base when you are hot.

2008/2009: 17-17
2009/2010: 25-10
2010/2011: 29-8
and so on

This is just a question, but if you are going to dish....you gotta be able to receive.

The problem is that 2010 is when this site came into existence. I was on VT before that. I take it when I'm wrong. I'm just not wrong often. I also don't tend to get wrapped up in how long people have been on boards and how much they have posted. But if someone calls out somebody else about it without half a leg to stand on, I'm probably going to call them on it.

I remember 2008. I remember that fluky Drake team. And I remember the Wu logo being slid across by a redbird player after a game. So do others. Including some coaches still in the league.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Probably not a great move to cry "bandwagon" and then see your attendance double your average attendance in the next game against said team.

Punching players in the nuts and getting rewarded for it has a way of ending good feelings between programs.

These "fans" aren't bandwagoners when they come to one game. Then never come again or pay attention as I assume many do. We are a transient town with State Farm and Country Financial headquarters here. So, decent population, but little loyalty to ISUr sports.

Did the fans punch a player in the nuts? How long ago was that? 5 years?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 2:31 pm

If you know me as Retire 12 on the RBF site... why is my fandom in question?
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 2:39 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Probably not a great move to cry "bandwagon" and then see your attendance double your average attendance in the next game against said team.

Punching players in the nuts and getting rewarded for it has a way of ending good feelings between programs.

These "fans" aren't bandwagoners when they come to one game. Then never come again or pay attention as I assume many do. We are a transient town with State Farm and Country Financial headquarters here. So, decent population, but little loyalty to ISUr sports.

Did the fans punch a player in the nuts? How long ago was that? 5 years?

Wilkins. Stutz. 2012.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball