MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:If you know me as Retire 12 on the RBF site... why is my fandom in question?

Because you have only decided to leave the nest when Illinois State started having some expectations and winning some games. Come on, this isn't rocket surgery.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 3:00 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:If you know me as Retire 12 on the RBF site... why is my fandom in question?

Because you have only decided to leave the nest when Illinois State started having some expectations and winning some games. Come on, this isn't rocket surgery.

Which, let me be clear, I don't really care about. Just don't do that and then hate on others for 'bandwagoning.'

This spellcheck says bandwagoning isn't a word. I'm going to respectfully disagree with it as well.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 12th, 2017, 3:10 pm

sooooo .. about those games this weekend.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Drake and Bradley (3-2) face ISUb and UNI (0-5) in games that have significant meaning to a potential change in Thursday night St. Louis tradition. 0-6 starts to get real hard to recover from, especially if 2 of those 6 losses are already to Drake and Bradley.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 12th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Drake and Bradley (3-2) face ISUb and UNI (0-5) in games that have significant meaning to a potential change in Thursday night St. Louis tradition. 0-6 starts to get real hard to recover from, especially if 2 of those 6 losses are already to Drake and Bradley.

And both of the Drake/Bradley losses at home.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Which, let me be clear, I don't really care about.

Obviously you do if you're trying to call me out on it.... and you're wrong.

Was there for the Jeppson shot vs. Drake, Tarise breaking his wrist game 1 of a season.
Was in the Roundhouse, sitting directly behind the bench when Jeppson motioned to the crowd to be quiet after we handed out another loss to you guys before this historic run of yours.
Was there for some pretty fun years, and some terrible ones.

Became a fan when I attended for my undergrad from 2000-2003, and have been a die-hard ever since. No matter the record. I've never seen the Birds in an NCAA Tourney game during my time as a fan.

Was an active member of the ValleyTalk forums for quite a while. Good people on there. That was before certain others though.

Left the area, got married, started a family. Kept to the ISU boards during the infancy of my 1st. Always read, but didn't post too much on other message boards with life going on. Now that things have settled down with both kids, work, and location, I have a little more time on my hands.

I'd reference you to my first actual post on this board, and it was directly in response to Championz because I was tired of reading his crap and nobody else reeling him in. Feels like that was the beginning of the end of his screen name. I may be wrong.

Unfortunately Wichita kept winning... and their fans because more obnoxious. I would have loved to see you guys keep winning if you learned to win with a little class. But you don't. Your board is atrocious. Nothing but hate and contempt for anyone you play that isn't a P5... and even then some of them. Why? I don't understand the hate. I DO understand the desire to be in the best conference for your team going forward. I completely 100% would be in the same boat (and we are over there at ISU). With football succeeding for us, hopefully we can make a move as well. Someday that day will come. I feel like your board thinks only Wichita wants to keep moving up, but that's clearly not the case.

Guess that's the long and short of it since you're so interested in my posting history and path. Hopefully those reasons suffice and works in the timeline of whatever you want it to be. To call out my fandom is woefully incorrect. You don't need to protect sauce... he's a big boy. Even if he does have a multiple personality disorder...
Last edited by Redbirdgrad on January 12th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Which, let me be clear, I don't really care about.

Obviously you do if you're trying to call me out on it. And you're wrong AGAIN.

Nice editing. The rest of my post:

"Just don't do that and then hate on others for 'bandwagoning.'"
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » January 12th, 2017, 3:38 pm

lol REFUTED

LUC-MSU feels like it will have a big impact on the race for 3rd since it's a free for all after the top 2 spots right now. I'd be surprised if one of these two doesn't emerge and finish ~11-7, but I guess you could color me something beyond surprised by the starts for Drake and Bradley so far too. Will be interesting to see if the Bears can exploit their size advantage in the post.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Nice editing. The rest of my post:

Man you're an idiot. I'll quote your entire posts from now on when having conversations with you. I didn't realize you needed that to keep a flow going. My bad.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 4:09 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Nice editing. The rest of my post:

Man you're an idiot. I'll quote your entire posts from now on when having conversations with you. I didn't realize you needed that to keep a flow going. My bad.

Less of a 'flow' thing. More of a you always 'taking things out of context and pretending to be right' thing.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball