MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Which, let me be clear, I don't really care about.

Obviously you do if you're trying to call me out on it.... and you're wrong.

Was there for the Jeppson shot vs. Drake, Tarise breaking his wrist game 1 of a season.
Was in the Roundhouse, sitting directly behind the bench when Jeppson motioned to the crowd to be quiet after we handed out another loss to you guys before this historic run of yours.
Was there for some pretty fun years, and some terrible ones.

Became a fan when I attended for my undergrad from 2000-2003, and have been a die-hard ever since. No matter the record. I've never seen the Birds in an NCAA Tourney game during my time as a fan.

Was an active member of the ValleyTalk forums for quite a while. Good people on there. That was before certain others though.

Left the area, got married, started a family. Kept to the ISU boards during the infancy of my 1st. Always read, but didn't post too much on other message boards with life going on. Now that things have settled down with both kids, work, and location, I have a little more time on my hands.

I'd reference you to my first actual post on this board, and it was directly in response to Championz because I was tired of reading his crap and nobody else reeling him in. Feels like that was the beginning of the end of his screen name. I may be wrong.

Unfortunately Wichita kept winning... and their fans because more obnoxious. I would have loved to see you guys keep winning if you learned to win with a little class. But you don't. Your board is atrocious. Nothing but hate and contempt for anyone you play that isn't a P5... and even then some of them. Why? I don't understand the hate. I DO understand the desire to be in the best conference for your team going forward. I completely 100% would be in the same boat (and we are over there at ISU). With football succeeding for us, hopefully we can make a move as well. Someday that day will come. I feel like your board thinks only Wichita wants to keep moving up, but that's clearly not the case.

Guess that's the long and short of it since you're so interested in my posting history and path. Hopefully those reasons suffice and works in the timeline of whatever you want it to be. To call out my fandom is woefully incorrect. You don't need to protect sauce... he's a big boy. Even if he does have a multiple personality disorder...

Why do you get so mad when other people call you out? Because it's unfathomable to think that other posters see the same things as me and see the hypocritical thin-skinned simp that you are?

You contribute ZERO here other than arguing with everybody that is associated with WSU. That's all you do. Ever. Everything you're whining about happens just as bad if not worse at your Redbird toilet bowl site. And that's why you're the biggest, whiniest, hypocritical poster that's out there. That's ALL you do is bitch and moan about WSU this, Championz that, but you do the EXACT same thing, if not worse. That makes you a HYPOCRITE. In every sense of the word. You were never around on VT or you'd know who I was. You're nothing but an incoherent rambling bumbler who thinks they know more than they actually do.

And you're a fake. I love how you preface this thread by saying "boo boo I'm the bigger guy, I'm not gonna say anything for 2 weeks, yada, yada, yada" and now you're the reason this thread is going to make it to 50 pages. Fake. Hypocrite. Thin. Skin.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 4:46 pm

I think if Illinois St. avoids major foul trouble with McIntosh and Hawkins then I like our chances on Saturday night. However, WSU's depth scares me, so does your shooting percentages lately, especially from three.

I love watching these match ups each year. Both teams always have the athletes equivalent to a Power 5 game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 4:52 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I think if Illinois St. avoids major foul trouble with McIntosh and Hawkins then I like our chances on Saturday night. However, WSU's depth scares me, so does your shooting percentages lately, especially from three.

I love watching these match ups each year. Both teams always have the athletes equivalent to a Power 5 game.

Very different teams this year compared to last. WSU seems to have more offensive weapons than they did last year. But they haven't performed great against some of the better teams on the schedule. And the defense is markedly worse, but again it's kind of difficult to know how good or bad it really is since the schedule went to absolute crap. ISU seems to have really found some consistency the last 6 weeks which is way different for them as well.

I think WSU will need to perform better defensively than they have the past several games, and shoot 40%+ from 3.

I would wager ISU has an advantage, and could have a significant advantage at the PG position. I think WSU has an advantage and potentially a significant advantage at the SG position. I think Fayne/McIntosh/Hawkins match up pretty evenly with Brown/McDuffie/Willis. The 5 spot looks like a toss-up and wild-card.

I generally give the edge to the home team in close matchups. I generally give the edge to the better defensive team in close matchups. ISU is definitely one of those, and likely both.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 12th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Very interesting games this weekend! I too believe I have the longest dick, or I mean tenure on MVCfans.

I will say this...I try very hard not to engage in arguments with imbiciles, but I often fail.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 7:32 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I think if Illinois St. avoids major foul trouble with McIntosh and Hawkins then I like our chances on Saturday night. However, WSU's depth scares me, so does your shooting percentages lately, especially from three.

Going into the year, I expected WSU to go 16-2 in the Valley. Somewhere around there. And this was pegged as a loss. So in a way, there's more pressure on ISU to win this one on the home court to keep their Valley title hopes intact. If ISU loses, they would be a loss back with a game at Koch to try to get it back. I would like to think both teams could go 17-1 but I just don't think it's uber-realistic to think of that with most teams. So, I think and hope WSU realizes they're going in with house money. If they win, great. If they lose, they're a game back with a return game in Koch still in their pocket.

I know the Redbird fans are crazed for this one. As they should be. I have a feeling WSU's sharp FG shooting lately is due for a cool down. And it also doesn't help playing the Valley's top defense. That could be bad news for WSU.

Should be a good one. Glad the Valley was smart enough to peg it for Saturday night primetime on National TV. The BIG EAST doesn't even get those options :lol:
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » January 12th, 2017, 7:58 pm

specialsauce wrote:

Going into the year, I expected WSU to go 16-2 in the Valley. Somewhere around there. And this was pegged as a loss. So in a way, there's more pressure on ISU to win this one on the home court to keep their Valley title hopes intact. If ISU loses, they would be a loss back with a game at Koch to try to get it back. I would like to think both teams could go 17-1 but I just don't think it's uber-realistic to think of that with most teams. So, I think and hope WSU realizes they're going in with house money. If they win, great. If they lose, they're a game back with a return game in Koch still in their pocket.

I know the Redbird fans are crazed for this one. As they should be. I have a feeling WSU's sharp FG shooting lately is due for a cool down. And it also doesn't help playing the Valley's top defense. That could be bad news for WSU.

Should be a good one. Glad the Valley was smart enough to peg it for Saturday night primetime on National TV. The BIG EAST doesn't even get those options :lol:

This is a critical resume building game for both teams! At large resumes are still relevant for the time being.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » January 12th, 2017, 8:59 pm

specialsauce wrote:

K

Totally agree. ISU needs this one more...will they be able to handle that pressure?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » January 13th, 2017, 11:40 am

Redhawk wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

K

Totally agree. ISU needs this one more...will they be able to handle that pressure?

Will they be able to handle a better team, with more experience in big type atmosphere games? The Shocks are the best team in the Valley until they prove they are not.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 13th, 2017, 1:14 pm

ACECARD wrote:
Redhawk wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Will they be able to handle a better team, with more experience in big type atmosphere games? The Shocks are the best team in the Valley until they prove they are not.

Better Team - By most metrics, this is a very even matchup...when that happens usually it favors the home team.

More experience in big games - Not really. Half of the Shox rotation were not featured in the team's main cog last year or even on the team (Shamet, Willis, Smith, Reaves) and the ones who return (Kelly, Brown, McDuffie, Morris, Frankamp, Nurger) were not star players, just supplementary to FVV, Baker, Wessel, and even Grady.

Over the last couple of seasons, Lee, Hawkins, Wills and McIntosh have all played big games too (albeit not NCAA games, but this isn't an NCAA game either). I really don't think experience in big games will factor in much to this one.

I agree with your last statement though.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » January 13th, 2017, 1:21 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
ACECARD wrote:
Redhawk wrote:

Better Team - By most metrics, this is a very even matchup...when that happens usually it favors the home team.

More experience in big games - Not really. Half of the Shox rotation were not featured in the team's main cog last year or even on the team (Shamet, Willis, Smith, Reaves) and the ones who return (Kelly, Brown, McDuffie, Morris, Frankamp, Nurger) were not star players, just supplementary to FVV, Baker, Wessel, and even Grady.

Over the last couple of seasons, Lee, Hawkins, Wills and McIntosh have all played big games too (albeit not NCAA games, but this isn't an NCAA game either). I really don't think experience in big games will factor in much to this one.

I agree with your last statement though.

Agreed Birdseye...ISUr is in no way intimidated by the Shockers. In fact they have beaten them each of the past two seasons. The pressure comes from being favored and trying to prove that they actually might be better than the Shockers this year!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball