MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 12th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Bradley
Southern Illinois
Wichita State U
Loyola
Drake
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BUFANATIC79 » January 12th, 2017, 1:04 pm

I ultimately think Indiana State beats Bradley, but if the Braves could win that game they are sitting at 4-2. There is nobody in the country that would have predicted that. I'm sure Van Scyoc or somebody will light it up because that's usually how it goes for BU.
BUFANATIC79
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Old School MVC » January 12th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Bradley --- ISUb is not good at all.
SIU ----- They play too good of defense to lose to an average team
ISUr ---- I will take the home team and expect a lot of posts about who might win if they played 4 on 4 (or something else stupid)
MSU ---- Still not sold on LU
Drake ----- UNI will break their streak of no Thursday appearances.

If this holds, Drake and Bradley will remained tied for 3rd in the middle pack. Who would have imagined that 3 weeks ago?
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 1:23 pm

I will guarantee the board this. I will not respond to any posts from ShockerFever for the next 2 weeks... regardless of outcome Saturday.

Sorry to disappoint you all.

What I've learned to love about him is that although he's the funny midget at the bar pointing fingers and yelling from behind his friends hoping to instigate fights and arguments... when it comes time to actually put up or shut up, he runs and hides in the corner and can't wait for it all to end hoping nobody sees him. All talk, no substance to anything he says ever.

So in what could be a heated week of fun back and forths, I'll just say "may the best school win". And if it's for the one he happened to bandwagon on, then good for him, I hope he wins out until we play again.

If it happens to be us... congrats on a hard fought game and hope we have another in a month or so.

Go Birds, Go Valley! :Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:I will guarantee the board this. I will not respond to any posts from ShockerFever for the next 2 weeks... regardless of outcome Saturday.

What I've learned to love about him is that although he's the funny midget at the bar pointing fingers and yelling from behind his friends hoping to instigate fights and arguments... when it comes time to actually put up or shut up, he runs and hides in the corner and can't wait for it all to end hoping nobody sees him. All talk, no substance to anything he says ever.

So in what could be a heated week of fun back and forths, I'll just say "may the best school win". And if it's for the one he happened to bandwagon on, then good for him, I hope he wins out until we play again.

If it happens to be us... congrats on a hard fought game and hope we have another in a month or so.

I don't necessarily agree with the style and sentiments of specialsauce a lot of the time. But I will say that the 'bandwagon' thing that keeps getting thrown around regarding WSU is pretty humorous. He's been around. So have lots of WSU fans, who averaged over 1000 more in attendance in the darkest year of the 90s than ISU is averaging this year. Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 12th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:I will guarantee the board this. I will not respond to any posts from ShockerFever for the next 2 weeks... regardless of outcome Saturday.

I don't necessarily agree with the style and sentiments of specialsauce a lot of the time. But I will say that the 'bandwagon' thing that keeps getting thrown around regarding WSU is pretty humorous. He's been around. So have lots of WSU fans, who averaged over 1000 more in attendance in the darkest year of the 90s than ISU is averaging this year. Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.

Boom. Roasted. Thanks for bringing facts to the party dizz.

You gotta love somebody who says they're going to ignore somebody for two weeks but then goes on a paragraph, personal attack-laced rant about them a sentence later. But he plays the high road here.. :lol:
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 12th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.

Yep, you've got me there. I'm new to the ISU party. Nice "facts" there buddy. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Probably not the right card to play, especially from someone that's been around this site for a year....that just so happens to coincide with ISU's most successful season in 20 years.

Yep, you've got me there. I'm new to the ISU party. Nice "facts" there buddy. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh. My mistake. What was your previous moniker? Or would you rather not lose one of the things you like to bash specialsauce about. I mean, your own reasoning doesn't even make sense. You make fun of someone who has been around for so long he's gone through 10 accounts and then turn around and call him a bandwagon fan. That's rich.

Either you've been posting here for a year, coinciding with the most successful year of ISU basketball in 2 decades, or you've had other accounts. You can't have it both ways and expect to not be called on it. Either way, you're really killing one of the things you like to hate on.
Last edited by Cdizzle on January 12th, 2017, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 12th, 2017, 2:00 pm

You guys have to admit your fan base has grown since your successful years began....thus bandwagon fans have arrived.

Nothing wrong with it, but every successful team has them. Look at all the random Dallas Cowboys that have come out to play again this year.

As a Redbird fan, I miss the years when ISUr/WSU fans had a love fest for each other and always cheered for one another in STL.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:You guys have to admit your fan base has grown since your successful years began....thus bandwagon fans have arrived.

Nothing wrong with it, but every successful team has them. Look at all the random Dallas Cowboys that have come out to play again this year.

As a Redbird fan, I miss the years when ISUr/WSU fans had a love fest for each other and always cheered for one another in STL.

Absolutely there are lots of bandwagon fans. But throwing that card as it has been is hilarious. There are a lot of us that remember watching a lot of horrible basketball through the 90s as well. It does make is sweeter, in case anyone is curious.

Probably not a great move to cry "bandwagon" and then see your attendance double your average attendance in the next game against said team.

Punching players in the nuts and getting rewarded for it has a way of ending good feelings between programs.
Last edited by Cdizzle on January 12th, 2017, 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball