MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby specialsauce » January 13th, 2017, 4:22 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I didn't mention 2008 either.
Your statement does apply to "the past" though and thus my anecdote. With that said, it is an incredible factoid of dominance, especially after Creighton left.

So, I ventured over to Shockernet today and I must say...

If you are ShockerFever, then you are an ugly, ugly poster on that website and have an extreme hatred for all things Illinois State. Were you a fan of the Shox when both schools had a love affair back before 2010? If so, man did that turn quickly for you.

Are you a member there?

And yes, there were a number of events that led to the change and a number of very creative posts made on Redbirdfan.net that really showed the ugly side of human nature. In fact, those same things are happening today. I'm shocked you are able to ignore the ugliness of your own.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby specialsauce » January 13th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Play Angry wrote:Vegas opened at WSU -2.5, has moved to -4.

Strange.

Must be a perception thing.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ahunte1 » January 13th, 2017, 4:44 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Play Angry wrote:Vegas opened at WSU -2.5, has moved to -4.

Strange.

Must be a perception thing.

Wow. I'd be all over ISU +4.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 13th, 2017, 4:50 pm

specialsauce wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:I didn't mention 2008 either.
Your statement does apply to "the past" though and thus my anecdote. With that said, it is an incredible factoid of dominance, especially after Creighton left.

So, I ventured over to Shockernet today and I must say...

If you are ShockerFever, then you are an ugly, ugly poster on that website and have an extreme hatred for all things Illinois State. Were you a fan of the Shox when both schools had a love affair back before 2010? If so, man did that turn quickly for you.

Are you a member there?

And yes, there were a number of events that led to the change and a number of very creative posts made on Redbirdfan.net that really showed the ugly side of human nature. In fact, those same things are happening today. I'm shocked you are able to ignore the ugliness of your own.

To Shockernet? No. Just glanced over to read the thread on this game today.

I'm unsure as to what posts you're referencing, as I don't post on Redbirdfan all too often.
However, I think we ALL have blinders on to our own fan bases faults. Just like you probably see no fault to your own posting or your fellow Shocker fans, the same can be said for ours. Following a sports team is a "cult" environment in that we all have similar interests (that team) and thus ignore outside influences persuasion as it doesn't meet our own interests.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 13th, 2017, 6:11 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Prior to last year's win in Normal, the last time Illinois State had won a regular season game against WSU was in the 2009-10 season. That's quite a stretch of domination. Of course, that goes for most Valley teams during the same time period.

Correct, but as a Cubs fan who constantly got told "1908" by Cardinal fans with a rich history of winning...I would always respond "You're living in the past" since that's all I had to fall back on.

Now, the 1908 snarky comment is over by Cardinal fans. Will the 1998 snarky comments end this year as well?
This game won't determine it, but it will be a nice barometer of just how close we may or may not be.

I've seen you post that this annoys you prior to now as well. Please point out where a Shocker fan last stated "1998" as an insult on this or any other board. I missed it.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 13th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Poll answers are incorrect, ergo, I can't vote. One and one half pages. Fev wins. Butt hurt Redbird fans get him banned. Fev switches providers, slips in another proxy server and rejoins as Keeper of the Pains.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 13th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Good to see some Blue Jays back!
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 13th, 2017, 10:19 pm

MoValley John wrote:Poll answers are incorrect, ergo, I can't vote. One and one half pages. Fev wins. Butt hurt Redbird fans get him banned. Fev switches providers, slips in another proxy server and rejoins as Keeper of the Pains.

:lol: :lol: :+1: I like it!
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 13th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Wufan wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Prior to last year's win in Normal, the last time Illinois State had won a regular season game against WSU was in the 2009-10 season. That's quite a stretch of domination. Of course, that goes for most Valley teams during the same time period.

Correct, but as a Cubs fan who constantly got told "1908" by Cardinal fans with a rich history of winning...I would always respond "You're living in the past" since that's all I had to fall back on.

Now, the 1908 snarky comment is over by Cardinal fans. Will the 1998 snarky comments end this year as well?
This game won't determine it, but it will be a nice barometer of just how close we may or may not be.

I've seen you post that this annoys you prior to now as well. Please point out where a Shocker fan last stated "1998" as an insult on this or any other board. I missed it.

It doesn't annoy me, it's a fact we haven't made it to the NCAAs since 1998. You all point that out constantly. Do I really need to find evidence that you guys make fun of our drought in message boards, because I don't really care to...

I think you missed the point of the message. It's just a talking point that I'd love to end...Just like nobody can reference the Cubs not winning a World Series since 1908 anymore.

Nobody says simply "1998", but they do reference that year as being our last glory days.

By the way, I assume you realize the Shockers had a similar issue from 1989-2005 without making the tournament. It's cyclical.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 13th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Can we go 15 pages before tipoff

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace