MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2017, 7:44 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Wufan wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Correct, but as a Cubs fan who constantly got told "1908" by Cardinal fans with a rich history of winning...I would always respond "You're living in the past" since that's all I had to fall back on.

Now, the 1908 snarky comment is over by Cardinal fans. Will the 1998 snarky comments end this year as well?
This game won't determine it, but it will be a nice barometer of just how close we may or may not be.

I've seen you post that this annoys you prior to now as well. Please point out where a Shocker fan last stated "1998" as an insult on this or any other board. I missed it.

It doesn't annoy me, it's a fact we haven't made it to the NCAAs since 1998. You all point that out constantly. Do I really need to find evidence that you guys make fun of our drought in message boards, because I don't really care to...

I think you missed the point of the message. It's just a talking point that I'd love to end...Just like nobody can reference the Cubs not winning a World Series since 1908 anymore.

Nobody says simply "1998", but they do reference that year as being our last glory days.

By the way, I assume you realize the Shockers had a similar issue from 1989-2005 without making the tournament. It's cyclical.

You keep bringing it up as some kinda of slam that "Shocker fans" have made towards your program. There are plenty of slams Shocker fans have made, and this would be a good one, but it hasn't happened. The voices in your head are telling you that you are inferior because it's been 19 years since you made the dance and you are attributing it to sauce. Please stop with the preemptive defense mechanisms, or point out where I am mistaken.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 14th, 2017, 8:33 am

Sauce made one my way using that exact date within the past week.

I can understand you wanting to get your boys back, but get your facts straight first.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 14th, 2017, 8:56 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:I will guarantee the board this. I will not respond to any posts from ShockerFever for the next 2 weeks... regardless of outcome Saturday.

Can't keep my name from out of his mouth. He just can't help it. It bothers him so much that he has to go back on his "guarantee" 2 days after it was made.

Thin. Skinned. Contradicting. Hypocrite.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » January 14th, 2017, 9:00 am

Can't wait for the game tonight. Have a feeling it'll be a good back and forth battle. I think the "stars" of both teams will do their thing but whoever gets an unexpected, or a bigger contribution than usual from a role player might put them over the top. Let's put on a good showing for the national audience, Go Birds!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 9:19 am

Wufan wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
It doesn't annoy me, it's a fact we haven't made it to the NCAAs since 1998. You all point that out constantly. Do I really need to find evidence that you guys make fun of our drought in message boards, because I don't really care to...

I think you missed the point of the message. It's just a talking point that I'd love to end...Just like nobody can reference the Cubs not winning a World Series since 1908 anymore.

Nobody says simply "1998", but they do reference that year as being our last glory days.

By the way, I assume you realize the Shockers had a similar issue from 1989-2005 without making the tournament. It's cyclical.

You keep bringing it up as some kinda of slam that "Shocker fans" have made towards your program. There are plenty of slams Shocker fans have made, and this would be a good one, but it hasn't happened. The voices in your head are telling you that you are inferior because it's been 19 years since you made the dance and you are attributing it to sauce. Please stop with the preemptive defense mechanisms, or point out where I am mistaken.

You are a piece of work. Comprehension is a trait we don't all have. There was no preemptive defensive mechanisms nor a care when people from any fan base state facts about ISUr.

Read, analyze, comprehend my anecdote.

Ending a drought is all I care about. Not your fan base ripping on us for 19 years without an NCAA appearance.

This is a classic "went over your head" statement.
Last edited by BirdsEyeView on January 14th, 2017, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 9:20 am

Rollbird5 wrote:Can't wait for the game tonight. Have a feeling it'll be a good back and forth battle. I think the "stars" of both teams will do their thing but whoever gets an unexpected, or a bigger contribution than usual from a role player might put them over the top. Let's put on a good showing for the national audience, Go Birds!

Should be a fun game
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 14th, 2017, 9:20 am

Don't waste your breath. Reading comprehension has been lost greatly in the last page of posts.

They just don't get it.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2017, 9:26 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Sauce made one my way using that exact date within the past week.

I can understand you wanting to get your boys back, but get your facts straight first.

I must have missed it.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 9:35 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Don't waste your breath. Reading comprehension has been lost greatly in the last page of posts.

They just don't get it.

Seriously
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUFAN » January 14th, 2017, 9:42 am

I remember now why I don't post much on these fan forums very much. I'm embarassed by some of the posts of fellow Shockers and also RedBird fans. I think tonight will be a great game, don't have any great insight into who ultimately prevails. I think the key will be if we can keep the point guard battle close, don't have to win it we have a chance to prevail. I think we win the rebounding and when the inside battle slightly mainly because of our depth, as Willis/McDuffie vs McIntosh/Hawkins is a draw. I'll predict a 1 pt Shocker victory in OT on a last possession 3 by Austin Reaves. Obviously, have no idea who it could be but it will be a nail biter.

If Redbirds prevail, and the reason is Paris Lee, I think he takes a huge lead in POY voting. It would insure a season split at worst and he is the single most important player on either of these two teams. If Shockers win whoever has a big game between McDuffie or Willis could have a slight edge in POY voting. Sorry for my money Doyle may be the most talented and put up the biggest numbers, but I can't support him if they land up a distant 3rd or 4th in the conference race. He is very good and has been playing great.

Whoever prevails tonight, i hope both teams go undefeated to the rematch in Wichita. I would love to see a combined 2 losses, or at most 3 between the 2 teams and a great final on St Louis on Sunday. Good luck to both teams tonight. I'm looking forward to a great game.
WSUFAN
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball