MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2017, 9:48 am

Wufan wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Sauce made one my way using that exact date within the past week.

I can understand you wanting to get your boys back, but get your facts straight first.

I must have missed it.

Damn it! You got me. I wasted 15 minutes rereading every post sauce made in the last two weeks and it didn't happen!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2017, 9:51 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Wufan wrote:
You keep bringing it up as some kinda of slam that "Shocker fans" have made towards your program. There are plenty of slams Shocker fans have made, and this would be a good one, but it hasn't happened. The voices in your head are telling you that you are inferior because it's been 19 years since you made the dance and you are attributing it to sauce. Please stop with the preemptive defense mechanisms, or point out where I am mistaken.

You are a piece of work. Comprehension is a trait we don't all have. There was no preemptive defensive mechanisms nor a care when people from any fan base state facts about ISUr.

Read, analyze, comprehend my anecdote.

Ending a drought is all I care about. Not your fan base ripping on us for 19 years without an NCAA appearance.

This is a classic "went over your head" statement.

You DO care because it didn't happen. I'm just trying to keep you straight with all those misinterpretations you have going on your skull.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 9:54 am

Wufan wrote:
You DO care because it didn't happen.

It has in the past, at some point, but again, that's still not the point...

I WANT TO END THE DROUGHT THIS YEAR.

I don't care about others opinions or simple statements of facts. I want to get to the NCAAs. Just like I wanted to win the World Series.

My goodness you are dense.

Nice edit by the way...go back to Shockernet. I truly prefer interactions with ShockerFever than you. You just don't get it.
Last edited by BirdsEyeView on January 14th, 2017, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 14th, 2017, 10:03 am

Wufan wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Sauce made one my way using that exact date within the past week.

I can understand you wanting to get your boys back, but get your facts straight first.

I must have missed it.

Yeah no worries. It was only one example but you only wanted one ;)

:Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 14th, 2017, 10:23 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Wufan wrote:
You DO care because it didn't happen.

It has in the past, at some point, but again, that's still not the point...

I WANT TO END THE DROUGHT THIS YEAR.

I don't care about others opinions or simple statements of facts. I want to get to the NCAAs. Just like I wanted to win the World Series

I hope the Redbirds DO make the tournament this year, and I will be rooting for them all the way!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 10:39 am

WSUFAN wrote:I remember now why I don't post much on these fan forums very much. I'm embarassed by some of the posts of fellow Shockers and also RedBird fans. I think tonight will be a great game, don't have any great insight into who ultimately prevails. I think the key will be if we can keep the point guard battle close, don't have to win it we have a chance to prevail. I think we win the rebounding and when the inside battle slightly mainly because of our depth, as Willis/McDuffie vs McIntosh/Hawkins is a draw. I'll predict a 1 pt Shocker victory in OT on a last possession 3 by Austin Reaves. Obviously, have no idea who it could be but it will be a nail biter.

If Redbirds prevail, and the reason is Paris Lee, I think he takes a huge lead in POY voting. It would insure a season split at worst and he is the single most important player on either of these two teams. If Shockers win whoever has a big game between McDuffie or Willis could have a slight edge in POY voting. Sorry for my money Doyle may be the most talented and put up the biggest numbers, but I can't support him if they land up a distant 3rd or 4th in the conference race. He is very good and has been playing great.

Whoever prevails tonight, i hope both teams go undefeated to the rematch in Wichita. I would love to see a combined 2 losses, or at most 3 between the 2 teams and a great final on St Louis on Sunday. Good luck to both teams tonight. I'm looking forward to a great game.

Good post. Should be a good one. Our roads are icy already...might hold back attendance
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ptownbraves » January 14th, 2017, 10:45 am

A bit surprised to see Indiana State favored by 8. Which Bradley will show up today? The Bradley against UNI or the Bradley against Loyola? Antoine Pittman is coming back off his ankle injury, which should helps Bradley's defense.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby James_SIU » January 14th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Halftime in Evansville and SIU leads 33 to 31 despite having zero points from Fletcher and O'Brien. Both have been limited due to foul trouble. Wasn't a pretty half of basketball for either team but the SIU bench has been great.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 2:33 pm

ptownbraves wrote:A bit surprised to see Indiana State favored by 8. Which Bradley will show up today? The Bradley against UNI or the Bradley against Loyola? Antoine Pittman is coming back off his ankle injury, which should helps Bradley's defense.

Vegas knows.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James_SIU » January 14th, 2017, 3:04 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:A bit surprised to see Indiana State favored by 8. Which Bradley will show up today? The Bradley against UNI or the Bradley against Loyola? Antoine Pittman is coming back off his ankle injury, which should helps Bradley's defense.

Vegas knows.

They are right more often than not. Bradley shot 50% from 3 and still lost by 10. Indiana state was raining in 3s as well. Just from the box score it looked like it was an exciting game.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball