MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby specialsauce » January 14th, 2017, 5:56 pm

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/shockwaves/article126624699.html

On Saturday morning, a 7:30 a.m. fire alarm woke the Shockers up at their hotel a few minutes earlier than needed.

Saturday morning’s shoot-around ended with Illinois State’s players watching the final three or four minutes, clapping and laughing, while the Shockers were on the court, from the tunnel at Redbird Arena.

WSU director of operations Dominic Okon threw up a stop sign as the Redbirds walked down the tunnel toward the court, which may have been the only thing that kept the game from tipping early.

It was an unusual scene.

Shoot-arounds are private events (unless you carry a tool-belt and coaxial cable). I’ve seen players, coaches and administrators go to great lengths to avoid walking in an arena when the opponent is practicing. I’ve never seen another team pop in like that. Neither had Adams.

WSU thought it had the court from 9-10 a.m. Illinois State’s spokesperson said the team thought WSU’s time ran from 8:45-9:45, so the Redbirds could practice at 10.

The reaction of the Shockers ranged from surprised to amused to irritated. This is an already contentious rivalry. The mix-up didn’t amount to much, other than another entertaining moment.

Classy and professional as always.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 6:02 pm

specialsauce wrote:http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/shockwaves/article126624699.html

On Saturday morning, a 7:30 a.m. fire alarm woke the Shockers up at their hotel a few minutes earlier than needed.

Saturday morning’s shoot-around ended with Illinois State’s players watching the final three or four minutes, clapping and laughing, while the Shockers were on the court, from the tunnel at Redbird Arena.

WSU director of operations Dominic Okon threw up a stop sign as the Redbirds walked down the tunnel toward the court, which may have been the only thing that kept the game from tipping early.

It was an unusual scene.

Shoot-arounds are private events (unless you carry a tool-belt and coaxial cable). I’ve seen players, coaches and administrators go to great lengths to avoid walking in an arena when the opponent is practicing. I’ve never seen another team pop in like that. Neither had Adams.

WSU thought it had the court from 9-10 a.m. Illinois State’s spokesperson said the team thought WSU’s time ran from 8:45-9:45, so the Redbirds could practice at 10.

The reaction of the Shockers ranged from surprised to amused to irritated. This is an already contentious rivalry. The mix-up didn’t amount to much, other than another entertaining moment.

Classy and professional as always.

Sounds sketchy, but nobody except ISUr knows the truth...misunderstanding or not.

Here is what is NOT classy or professional without a doubt...your post on Shockernet:

ShockerFever 04:59 PM 1 Hour Ago
Dirty ass, cocky, unprofessional amateur hour bitches. Fans, coaches, players and administrators all deserve each other. What a Mickey Mouse operation over there

All respect....lost
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 14th, 2017, 6:18 pm

It's the truth though.

And I can't believe you're bringing other school message boards into this. Kinda lame. Do you want me to start throwing around quotes on here from your bro retire12 on your board? Not a good showing either, but I digress..

Btw, do you live out of town? Are you not going to the game?
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 6:39 pm

specialsauce wrote:It's the truth though.

And I can't believe you're bringing other school message boards into this. Kinda lame. Do you want me to start throwing around quotes on here from your bro retire12 on your board? Not a good showing either, but I digress..

I'm in L.A. for a soccer tournament. Watching on TV.

I do live in town.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSpringsBird » January 14th, 2017, 6:46 pm

specialsauce wrote:It's the truth though.

Yeah, what kind of jerk talks about a message board on a message board?!?

I'm guessing that if someone really wanted to disrupt the Shockers, s/he wouldn't have pulled the fire alarm about five minutes before they were going to get up anyway.

FWIW, I have heaps of respect for the Shockers program and the many people (e.g. Wufan, Stickboy, others) who post thoughtful comments here. Of course, I hope you lose tonight. May the better team win!

(And yes, I am out of town.)
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby James_SIU » January 14th, 2017, 6:59 pm

E-Villan wrote:James,

Saw somebody posted on your board to leave Barry in Evansville and bring Rodney Watson back. How about you guys go ahead and leave Barry here and take Marty back?

Haha. Well I'm the last person to talk to about the Salukis boards. I'll read every fan board in the conference before I post or read there. That said I feel like I'm one of the few fans that loves Coach Hinson and thinks he has done a really good job since taking over. i do miss having Watson around. Was a hell of a recruiter for us. And I know a lot of Evansville fans are fed up with Simmons but he is still a coach I fear. Like today's game he gameplaned really well I thought. Had our offense completely out of sorts for most of the first half.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MVCfans » January 14th, 2017, 7:05 pm

Looking forward to the ISUred - Shox game. Should be electric.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ACECARD » January 14th, 2017, 8:03 pm

E-Villan wrote:James,

Saw somebody posted on your board to leave Barry in Evansville and bring Rodney Watson back. How about you guys go ahead and leave Barry here and take Marty back?

LOL
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » January 14th, 2017, 8:47 pm

James_SIU wrote:
ACECARD wrote:I absolutely guarantee that the Aces will not finish ninth in the Valley this year.

They will finish dead last. They have the least amount of D1 players as any team in the league.

That may be abit of a stretch. Taylor and Brown are both legit players and they were clearly SIUs defensive focus for the game and they still got 38 combined points. Glad SIU ended their 3 year lossing streak to Evansville though...that was a brutal streak to have.

Brown, and Taylor, are decent players, and each scored 19 points. BUT the other 8 players that played scored just 23 points. That's 3 points per player against hardly the best team in the Valley. The Aces will be hard pressed to win another Valley game.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 14th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Good game Wichita fans. Hope we both run the table until the game in Wichita. You've got a good team as well!

:Cheers:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball