MVC Game 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Carnage of Saturday's Fever/Retire12 catfight?

Poll ended at March 3rd, 2017, 6:48 am

5 Pager
9%
10 Pager
9%
15 Pager
39%
50(!!!) Pager
43%

Total votes : 23

Re: MVC Game 6

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 9:21 pm

Love our defense...35% Shox shooting
Loved our offense...54% Birds shooting
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » January 14th, 2017, 9:34 pm

specialsauce wrote:Better team won tonight.

Still a lot TBD going forward.

Agreed, February 4th will be fun
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Impressive win by the Redbirds. I really thought they might crumble when WSU made that run in the 2nd half. But they showed a lot of composure.

I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. I like ISUr starting five better but the Shox have a much stronger bench.

I don't expect WSU to lose many more games in the regular season. Can ISUr follow suit?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 14th, 2017, 9:50 pm

glm38 wrote:Impressive win by the Redbirds. I really thought they might crumble when WSU made that run in the 2nd half. But they showed a lot of composure.

We've choked away enough leads this year that unfortunately we're used to opponent runs in the 2nd half.

Never too late to learn how to right the ship I guess... :Beer:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 14th, 2017, 9:56 pm

That Last Alley Ooop was about the longest Alley OoooP I have seen.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 14th, 2017, 11:40 pm

I read that this is the first time since 2013 that Wichita is not in first place in the conference....that's an impressive run!

I've also read that ISUr has beaten Wichita 3 of the last 4 games. Another impressive stat.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 15th, 2017, 12:08 am

specialsauce wrote:
And I can't believe you're bringing other school message boards into this. Kinda lame. Do you want me to start throwing around quotes on here from your bro retire12 on your board? Not a good showing either, but I digress..

Here's a good one from him...

Retire 12
Senior
Re: Wichita State @ Illinois State 1/14
PostSat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 pm
They shot 34.8% and banked in a few field goals tonight. This is why I said their strength of schedule was going to kill them, and don't believe the hype of their offense.

They have a good team... not trying to downplay that... but they scored 62 against us. Their 83.4 PPG heading into tonight was due to a terrible schedule. Their bench points and "depth" comes due to being up by 20 in the 2nd half in most games and their 6-10 players being able to pad stats.

Fully expect to split the series. They're good. They've defended their home court remarkably well. But their stats have been extremely inflated due to their schedule.

As Stickboy said... "I guess tonight will decide that". Stickboy... it did
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 15th, 2017, 12:54 am

3-1 in our last 4 "Super Bowls" isn't too bad ;). Hopefully the shockers and Redbirds can keep winning until the rematch, it will be another exciting game!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 15th, 2017, 1:05 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
And I can't believe you're bringing other school message boards into this. Kinda lame. Do you want me to start throwing around quotes on here from your bro retire12 on your board? Not a good showing either, but I digress..

Here's a good one from him...

Retire 12
Senior
Re: Wichita State @ Illinois State 1/14
PostSat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 pm
They shot 34.8% and banked in a few field goals tonight. This is why I said their strength of schedule was going to kill them, and don't believe the hype of their offense.

They have a good team... not trying to downplay that... but they scored 62 against us. Their 83.4 PPG heading into tonight was due to a terrible schedule. Their bench points and "depth" comes due to being up by 20 in the 2nd half in most games and their 6-10 players being able to pad stats.

Fully expect to split the series. They're good. They've defended their home court remarkably well. But their stats have been extremely inflated due to their schedule.

As Stickboy said... "I guess tonight will decide that". Stickboy... it did

I mean that's great that you were able to cherrypick one of them. I suppose I could do the same?

By the way, I love how he downplays WSU's depth. Well, if WSU's up by 20 in the second half in most games, that doesn't sound like a bad game plan. I mean they could keep their starters in for 40 minutes and run some of these teams out by 50 but Marshall isn't into that. Illinois State was a couple fouls away from being in deep trouble.

We'll see how terrible they are I guess on February 4th.

This game is extremely meaningful if Illinois State goes 18-0 in the Valley. If they don't, then this one isn't the be-all decider of the Valley.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SalukiHoops » January 15th, 2017, 3:34 pm

UNI rolling Drake so far 37-13. 4 minutes left in 1H
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball