STANDINGS AT THE 1/3 MARK

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: STANDINGS AT THE 1/3 MARK

Postby Blers » January 18th, 2017, 5:01 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Blers wrote:I'd probably have to choose Johnson over McIntosh. What he's bringing in his first year out of JuCo is outstanding and the variety of skills he brings is super impressive (i was more impressed with his handles than McIntosh's in person).

McIntosh is also playing with another mismatch player in Hawkins definitely takes some pressure off of him (Doesn't make him a worse player, just a point in Johnson's favor in this head to head for me). Furthermore given given that Johnson is in his first year of JUCO i think he may have an even higher ceiling than McIntosh going into next year.

Who cares though really, they're both great talents.

Recency effect?

Totally possible! But I've seen them both in person in the last two and a half weeks.

Johnson's putting up 13.7 and 10.1 in 27.7mpg. Also shooting 52% from the field. 20-53 from 3pt.

McIntosh is putting up 14.6 and 6.6 in 28.5mpg. He's shooting 43%. 21 of 52 from 3pt.

It was interesting looking at their 3pt%, as that was something i thought McIntosh clearly had over Johnson. But looking at percentage alone is a discredit to Johnson. One more make in one less shot puts McIntosh at 40.4% while Johnson is at 37.7%. But with the small-ish sample size it's hard to really judge.

I suppose I just haven't seen a player with the weird combination of body type/size/handles.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Blers » January 19th, 2017, 8:53 am

....Johnson may be reading this board. Went for 26 and 20 last night.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 9:44 am

Blers wrote:....Johnson may be reading this board. Went for 26 and 20 last night.

Is he a forward?

Did he play against ISUb?

So, slightly above average?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 19th, 2017, 10:21 am

In your second away game in a row on short rest I will always be at least somewhat impressed by 26 and 20 in a close game.

That said your comment made me look into what ISUb has been giving up to forwards and holy crap...
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 10:26 am

Blers wrote:In your second away game in a row on short rest I will always be at least somewhat impressed by 26 and 20 in a close game.

That said your comment made me look into what ISUb has been giving up to forwards and holy crap...

Oh, it's impressive, no doubt. 20-20 games against anybody are impressive these days. But yeah. Opposing forwards have been going absolutely nuts against ISUb.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball