Interview with Adam Emmenecker - Former MVC POY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Lamoni » January 17th, 2017, 7:39 am

A podcast I follow had Adam Emmenecker on this week and I thought it was worth posting. It reminded me of how great that Drake team was back in '07-'08. I was surprised to hear that Emmenecker, who won the POY award, never made a 3 pointer in his entire career at Drake.

Link:

https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com/podcast/2017/1/16/episode-6-adam-emmenecker-is-a-real-life-college-basketball-cinderella-man
Lamoni
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Interview with Adam Emmenecker - Former MVC POY

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 17th, 2017, 7:15 pm

Emmenecker is one of those rare X-Factor guys I think would defy all conventional wisdom (ie. experience) and re-resurrect Drake's program as head coach, but I doubt he lands an interview.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Interview with Adam Emmenecker - Former MVC POY

Postby DUBulldog » January 17th, 2017, 9:01 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Emmenecker is one of those rare X-Factor guys I think would defy all conventional wisdom (ie. experience) and re-resurrect Drake's program as head coach, but I doubt he lands an interview.

If Emmenecker applied, I think he'd at least get an interview. I'm not sure if he would want it. The guy is on the fast track at a Fortune 500 company, and I'm not sure he'd want to give up that career as it's gaining momentum.

He's great to listen to as an analyst on Drake's TV broadcasts.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adam Emmenecker talks winning the MVC

Postby Lamoni » March 2nd, 2017, 12:08 pm

One of the podcasts I subscribe to had former Larry Bird winner, Adam Emmenecker on and he told some great stories about winning the MVC and the tournament as well. That Drake year reminds me a lot of the year Illinois State is putting together this year. Both had a lot of talent but it was so impressive when it all came together. Link is below.

https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com/podcast/2017/1/16/episode-6-adam-emmenecker-is-a-real-life-college-basketball-cinderella-man
Lamoni
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball