Game 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 7

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 19th, 2017, 2:24 pm

uniftw wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
UNI had a 12 minute stretch without a FG to end regulation, all of 1OT, and the first 2 minutes of 2OT. It was disgusting to watch. LUC never had a chance. 30-8 on FTA.

Is this for real?? Somebody check Jacobson's bank account for questionable withdrawals yesterday afternoon...

12 minutes + 7 minutes in OT without a basket.....AND THEY WON!!?? WTF refs.

No, Northern Iowa fan can defend this, nor can they think that this has them reaching their turning point back to the top of the Valley either....that is unless he pays refs every game the rest of the way.

That's...it's not true.

Yes, UNI did go the last 3 minutes of regulation without a basket and didn't have one in the first OT. but to say 12 minutes of regulation, then all of the first OT and into the second OT isn't true.

What he's not telling you is that Loyola had just 1 field goal in the first OT. That came 23 seconds into the first OT. They didn't have another FG until about halway through the second OT. Over the same exact time frame he's berating UNI on, Loyla had just 3 or 4 field goals

Gotcha CDizzle.

So, what you are saying uniftw is that both teams were inept...thanks.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » January 19th, 2017, 2:28 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Gotcha CDizzle.

So, what you are saying uniftw is that both teams were inept...thanks.
Yes.

I'm not defending the free throw discrepancy or anything to that side of it. I didn't see the game. I don't know the fouls. All I know is I decided to look into the box score following that comment and I figured I'd post the truth, as well as both sides of the story

In the second OT both teams had 3 field goal makes
In the first OT it was 1 to 0
Over the last 5 min of regulation UNI had 2 FG and Loyla had 3

So, over the final 15 minutes of the game the FG made count was Loyola 7 UNI 5 and one of those field goals was a lay up, down 5, with 1 second left in the second OT.

Turns out, looking at the stats as far as field goals and "THEY DIDN'T MAKE A FIELD GOAL" without including both sides is a bit misleading.
Last edited by uniftw on January 19th, 2017, 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 2:31 pm

The truth and both sides of the story. As told by a fan of one of the teams involved...that didn't watch the game.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 19th, 2017, 4:47 pm

100% will not defend the poor offense Loyola played. But I will say that if free throws were even Loyola would have won by 18.... even if they were half as skewed they would have won by 9. For comparisons sake at Gentile the FT disparity was 21 for Loyola to 18 by UNI.

It also goes beyond sheer numbers, a lot didn't pass the eye test. Again i'm biased but it didn't pass either test for me. Only in the first OT did i get the sense there maaaay have been a make up call. But it was too late at that point as it was making up for Jackson's fifth.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball