Game 7

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 7

Postby hot nuts » January 19th, 2017, 9:32 am

Redhawk wrote: I liked what I saw from some of the young Braves.

I also like what I saw from Bradley last night. I hope they continue to play that way for years to come.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » January 19th, 2017, 10:46 am

hot nuts wrote:
Redhawk wrote: I liked what I saw from some of the young Braves.

I also like what I saw from Bradley last night. I hope they continue to play that way for years to come.

I see what you did there :)

ISU is really, really good. Lots of talent. Happy for Paris Lee. Solid dude. He has had a great MVC career. Exactly what you want in a PG at this level. ISU can win a game or two in the tournament if the Birds make it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 19th, 2017, 11:30 am

Loyola attempted 32 3 pointers out of 50 shots. You aren't going to get to the foul line chucking from outside. UNI was cutting off the driving lanes and LUC was not trying to force it in. On the other end, UNI was forcing it into the post and Loyola was trying to physical up on Koch. They got away with as much as was called inside.

That said, Bo Borowski is still a horrible official.

UNI is starting to figure out the defensive intensity needed to play at this level and working together in Jake's scheme. Will be interesting to see if they can take it on the road to Carbondale.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 11:49 am

A fart is enough to "physical up" and knock over Koch. What a joke.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » January 19th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Bo Borowski is in fact a horrible official. He and Zelton Steed are probably the two I cringe at most when seeing they're working a Wichita game. Janssen isn't too far behind them. He seems to get worse every year.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » January 19th, 2017, 1:04 pm

I'm not disputing poor offense by Loyola. Doyle played maybe his worst game ever, no attempts to drive through contact.... But Aundre certainly was fouled down low on a few post plays.

Regardless of the distribution I don't understand how when you watch the replays of Richardson at the end of regulation (loyola would have had the ball with no call and 8 seconds to go) and then Jackson fouling out while making little to no contact with Koch(?) in OT on a rebound under the basket.

I'd also love an explanation of a foul in which the only contact on the play was Bruno Skokna taking a high elbow to the face (inadvertent of course, but still, that's a foul on Bruno??).

Obviously both fan bases are bias, and disputing it won't change anything at this point. I just thought it was crazy. UNI played good defense. Offensively I'm not sure I see it; unless they are gonna try and hit 20+ free throws a game. But I also won't ever doubt the panthers!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Blers wrote:I'd also love an explanation of a foul in which the only contact on the play was Bruno Skokna taking a high elbow to the face (inadvertent of course, but still, that's a foul on Bruno??).

This was my 3rd favorite.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LanceShock » January 19th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Blers wrote:Regardless of the distribution I don't understand how when you watch the replays of Richardson at the end of regulation (loyola would have had the ball with no call and 8 seconds to go) and then Jackson fouling out while making little to no contact with Koch(?) in OT on a rebound under the basket.

The unique ability Koch has is the ability draw fouls with minimal (to nonexistant) contact.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 19th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
UNI had a 12 minute stretch without a FG to end regulation, all of 1OT, and the first 2 minutes of 2OT. It was disgusting to watch. LUC never had a chance. 30-8 on FTA.

Is this for real?? Somebody check Jacobson's bank account for questionable withdrawals yesterday afternoon...

12 minutes + 7 minutes in OT without a basket.....AND THEY WON!!?? WTF refs.

No, Northern Iowa fan can defend this, nor can they think that this has them reaching their turning point back to the top of the Valley either....that is unless he pays refs every game the rest of the way.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 2:07 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
UNI had a 12 minute stretch without a FG to end regulation, all of 1OT, and the first 2 minutes of 2OT. It was disgusting to watch. LUC never had a chance. 30-8 on FTA.

Is this for real?? Somebody check Jacobson's bank account for questionable withdrawals yesterday afternoon...

12 minutes + 7 minutes in OT without a basket.....AND THEY WON!!?? WTF refs.

No, Northern Iowa fan can defend this, nor can they think that this has them reaching their turning point back to the top of the Valley either....that is unless he pays refs every game the rest of the way.

To be clear, it was 12 minutes total. 5 to end reg, 5 in 1OT, 2 in 2OT. I see how you read it, that's my mistake. I was watching the game, though. It was brutal. It's not like Loyola was playing great and without fault, but they weren't given a chance.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball