Road Warriors

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Road Warriors

Postby ShoxNAwe » January 17th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Of the 49 conference road wins over the past 5 seasons, WSU has won 70% of them by more than 10 points.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Road Warriors

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Road Warriors

Postby specialsauce » January 17th, 2017, 10:45 pm

I'm sure Illinois State is well on their way to that kind of a tear.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » January 17th, 2017, 10:52 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:Of the 49 conference road wins over the past 5 seasons, WSU has won 70% of them by more than 10 points.

Something wrong with your math. WSU has been dominant but in 5 seasons you can only play 45 road games I think. 9 per year times 5 years.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby specialsauce » January 17th, 2017, 11:08 pm

nm
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ShoxNAwe » January 18th, 2017, 6:33 am

I swear Mike Kennedy said 49 games, but 45 makes more sense. Doesn't materially affect the statistic anyway.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » January 18th, 2017, 6:42 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:I swear Mike Kennedy said 49 games, but 45 makes more sense. Doesn't materially affect the statistic anyway.

It could have been 5 previous years plus this year to date...
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » January 18th, 2017, 7:45 am

Impressive stat regardless the detail...truly impressive run.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 8:35 am

specialsauce wrote:I'm sure Illinois State is well on their way to that kind of a tear.

What Illinois State fan has been boasting on here to make you feel the need to provide a snarky comment like that?

Most of us ISUr fans are realistic that this is probably the year for us to make a run, but we aren't immune to the fact that Muller is an average coach and thus we will most likely lose some games we should have won (already done that a few times this season). And, in ShockerFever style, I will bet the bank that you will be on here boasting when we blow a game we should have won.

So, get over the fact you aren't in first currently, and relax. If you are going to post with the tone of a whiny 3 year old who doesn't get their way, then go back to Shockernet where you can talk conspiracy theories as to why WSU is not in first (aka it must be Elgin's fault).

That, or simply bandwagon the Gonzaga fan base where they are still undefeated and where you can still post with a false feeling of dominance over other posters, based solely on the program you happen to root for. For ease of finding your new program, here is a link to their message board where you can begin posting:
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/for ... Basketball
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » January 18th, 2017, 9:15 am

Oh, you mean like the snarky Super Bowl comments you made on the 1/17 games thread?

Don't fall into the hypocritical game your boy redbirdgrad routinely plays in. Don't be surprised by snarkiness when you dish it first, buddy.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 18th, 2017, 9:24 am

specialsauce wrote:Oh, you mean like the snarky Super Bowl comments you made on the 1/17 games thread?

Don't fall into the hypocritical game your boy redbirdgrad routinely plays in. Don't be surprised by snarkiness when you dish it first, buddy.

That was in reference to your fans talking about how every road game is that team's Super Bowl. It clearly is not. But, I get what you are saying...regardless your comment had no legs to stand on other than you being bitter about not being in first currently.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball