MVC Game 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Game 8

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 21st, 2017, 4:24 pm

Nice win Wichita! I should have given you a few more points than I did on the spread.

Almost nailed the MSU game. Only off by a point.

Loyola leading by 2 with 13:28 left.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 21st, 2017, 5:07 pm

Need to head to Vegas. Soon.

Let's hope the last 2 predictions are correct as well.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby James_SIU » January 21st, 2017, 8:56 pm

Now that was SIUs "Super Bowl" game. Largest crowd, white out, students showed up. SIU dominated the 10 mins coming out of the 2nd half and lead by 12...they then scored 3 points the final 8 minutes of the game. Ran zero offense just held the ball till the shot clock ran out. Northern is by no means "back" they did not have to play well to beat SIU. This feels like the Evansville home loss last year; it effectively ends SIUs season. They will finish 5 or 6 now.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 21st, 2017, 9:04 pm

James_SIU wrote:Now that was SIUs "Super Bowl" game. Largest crowd, white out, students showed up. SIU dominated the 10 mins coming out of the 2nd half and lead by 12...they then scored 3 points the final 8 minutes of the game. Ran zero offense just held the ball till the shot clock ran out. Northern is by no means "back" they did not have to play well to beat SIU. This feels like the Evansville home loss last year; it effectively ends SIUs season. They will finish 5 or 6 now.

Horrible offense by SIU the last few possessions, but that "flail" call to give UNI to win should never get called.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby James_SIU » January 21st, 2017, 9:08 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
James_SIU wrote:Now that was SIUs "Super Bowl" game. Largest crowd, white out, students showed up. SIU dominated the 10 mins coming out of the 2nd half and lead by 12...they then scored 3 points the final 8 minutes of the game. Ran zero offense just held the ball till the shot clock ran out. Northern is by no means "back" they did not have to play well to beat SIU. This feels like the Evansville home loss last year; it effectively ends SIUs season. They will finish 5 or 6 now.

Horrible offense by SIU the last few possessions, but that "flail" call to give UNI to win should never get called.

Didn't seem that bad of a call from my view. SIU just played terrible the final 8 mins. Now the Drake game I felt robbed. The refs screwed us a couple times late in that game. The league admitted today that they blew the travel call in OT that cost us the chance to tie it.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm

2 away from the ISU spread. On fire tonight until Southern decided to stop playing basketball.

Oh well. Refs bailed UNI out again...
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » January 21st, 2017, 9:20 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote: by Redbirdgrad » January 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm

2 away from the ISU spread. On fire tonight until Southern decided to stop playing basketball.

UNI is still not there but funny to see which fan bases look nervous...
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » January 21st, 2017, 9:47 pm

I watched most of the game. I don't think UNI outplayed SIU. I think SIU pissed down their legs and UNI capitalized on it. The foul at the end was a definite bailout. UNI seems to get their fair share of those (they certainly did against Loyola the other night). Sans the Drake game, UNI has constantly been behind by double-digits, only to make a late comeback, with some very favorable officiating, and has snuck out with a 2OT win and a 1 point win. I thought Loyola and SIU both looked like the better teams overall. UNI fans are going to feel differently since their team has won 3 in a row, but they're still 3-5 and I think have been on the favorable side of the luck meter the last week.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » January 21st, 2017, 10:02 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote: by Redbirdgrad » January 21st, 2017, 9:09 pm

UNI is still not there but funny to see which fan bases look nervous...

Is this a serious quote? UNI even in their wins has looked like utter trash. None of the top half is nervous.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » January 21st, 2017, 10:06 pm

Mo State fans....how frustrating must Chris Kendrix be??

He has so much ability in talent. I look at the box scores and he hardly plays some games...then looks like he did today versus Bradley. I've seen him do that on more than one occasion. He is so much better than Ruder and Kreklow---but is he that big of a head case??

Bradley played better today. It wasn't embarassing. Mo State was up 59-55 but then scored ten straight to put it away in the last six minutes. Dequon Miller was a stud today. Made every big shot and ran the offense.

Bradley's two freshmen guards played pretty well--Darrell Brown didn't shoot well but played aggressively and Jayden Hodgson had 16 points in 35 minutes...both career highs by a mile.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball