MVC Game 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC Game 8

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 19th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Indiana State (1-6) @ Wichita State (6-1)
Bradley (3-4) @ Missouri State (4-3)
Evansville (1-6) @ Loyola (3-4)
Northern Iowa (2-5) @ Southern Illinois (4-3)
Drake (4-3) @ Illinois State (7-0)

My picks:

Wichita - Shockers should have no problem here. Might have more points in the paint than Indiana State has points. Wichita by 20.

Missouri State - Bradley was really bad last night... and leaving Peoria and heading to play a very solid Missouri State team could be a disaster. Missouri State by 15.

Loyola - Aces only have a couple of ways to score, and Loyola plays decent enough at home to get the job done. Ramblers by 6.

Southern Illinois - I don't think UNI is back yet. They'll struggle on the road in what's probably the best matchup of the day. Give me the Salukis by 3.

Illinois State - Drake's 4 wins in Valley play have all come at home, and they've lost by 14, 25, and 19 on the road. I don't see the trend ending anytime soon. Birds play very well at home. Birds by 16.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

MVC Game 8

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Game 8

Postby Old School MVC » January 19th, 2017, 1:32 pm

I agree with all you wrote. Give me every home team this weekend, and the over on 3 arguments / hijackings between Special Sauce and someone else.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 19th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Old School MVC wrote:I agree with all you wrote. Give me every home team this weekend, and the over on 3 arguments / hijackings between Special Sauce and someone else.

Won't come from me. Not falling into that trap again.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Aaaaaand, the thread has already been hijacked.

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Oh, and to get back on topic, without looking, I'll take all the teams that come last alphabetically. Hope ISUr isn't playing SIU or UNI.
Last edited by Cdizzle on January 19th, 2017, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 19th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Indiana State (1-6) @ Wichita State (6-1)

My picks:

Wichita - Shockers should have no problem here. Might have more points in the paint than Indiana State has points. Wichita by 20.

Missouri State - Bradley was really bad last night... and leaving Peoria and heading to play a very solid Missouri State team could be a disaster. Missouri State by 15.

Loyola - Aces only have a couple of ways to score, and Loyola plays decent enough at home to get the job done. Ramblers by 6.

Southern Illinois - I don't think UNI is back yet. They'll struggle on the road in what's probably the best matchup of the day. Give me the Salukis by 3.

Illinois State - Drake's 4 wins in Valley play have all come at home, and they've lost by 14, 25, and 19 on the road. I don't see the trend ending anytime soon. Birds play very well at home. Birds by 16.

:+1: on your picks here.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 19th, 2017, 3:19 pm

I'm taking all teams that have an "a" in the first word of the name, in between the first and last letter of the first word on the name. Or first word beginning in N.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 19th, 2017, 4:07 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:I'm taking all teams that have an "a" in the first word of the name, in between the first and last letter of the first word on the name. Or first word beginning in N.

Nice!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 19th, 2017, 4:48 pm

WU
Bradley
LU
UNI
ISU

The middle of the pack is already so tight, lets get it even closer.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » January 19th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Indiana State (1-6) @ Wichita State (6-1)

My picks:

Looks about right on all counts.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » January 19th, 2017, 6:22 pm

agreed. these are very easy picks for game 8 winners
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball