ESPN releases conference BPI rankings

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ESPN releases conference BPI rankings

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 25th, 2017, 8:32 am

TheObserver wrote:
Here is the only problem with your post that I have. Do you not read your message board? Do you not see the "classiness" that ensues there on a daily basis? Please, please, PLEASE don't give me lessons on classiness when your fanbase does the same thing and arguably worse.

No doubt I don't have a fond feeling for the Redbirds for a few reasons:
1) Wilkins cheap shot nutpunch to Stutz in the 2012 Valley Tournament; read your board afterwards and it was filled with the most ugliness crap I've ever seen on an internet message board
2) Objects thrown at WSU players/coaches after the 2013 comeback win in Normal; read your board afterwards and it was a nuclear war zone of hate and unrest

This has all subsequently grown over the years. But I've never seen such immaturity and doucheness from a fan message board before (and I've seen Creighton's a time or two)

I did not read message boards until about 2 years ago. Regardless...
So, because some small sample of Redbird fans who write classless posts on a message board means you should do so as well? If they jumped off a bridge, would you too? And, I am not condoning at all classless posts by our fans at all...I just never read it.

The problem though is this:
You see I understand the majority of Shocker fans are great basketball people. I have experienced it in the past at Arch Madness and enjoyed having a drink, interacting with them even since the Shox began having major success in recent years. When I read ShockerNet, I KNOW that's a small sample of those most outlandish fans there are for Shocker nation...

Therefore, I don't bundle the entire fan base into that select few. It's just not accurate.

I also don't dwell on past experiences and what a player 4 years ago did to Garrett Stutz, nor do I care that Gregg Marshall in his whiny way, jumped in front of Tim Jankovich in the post game presser after that same game just to be childish and bitch about the refs.

Get over it.

As you said moving on.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 25th, 2017, 9:20 am

See. But you don't get to call people childish and whiny when the other coach's gameplan involved nutpunching. That doesn't work. When your MVP gets cheap-shotted, and it actually BENEFITS the other team, you don't have to take the high road. You should lose your s***.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 25th, 2017, 9:27 am

Cdizzle wrote:See. But you don't get to call people childish and whiny when the other coach's gameplan involved nutpunching. That doesn't work. When your MVP gets cheap-shotted, and it actually BENEFITS the other team, you don't have to take the high road. You should lose your s***.

How do you know it was part of the game plan? Knowing Jankovich I highly doubt it was. Sometimes players act on their own. Regardless, get over it. Water under the bridge....4 years ago with former players and former coaches.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 25th, 2017, 9:51 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:See. But you don't get to call people childish and whiny when the other coach's gameplan involved nutpunching. That doesn't work. When your MVP gets cheap-shotted, and it actually BENEFITS the other team, you don't have to take the high road. You should lose your s***.

How do you know it was part of the game plan? Knowing Jankovich I highly doubt it was. Sometimes players act on their own. Regardless, get over it. Water under the bridge....4 years ago with former players and former coaches.

Watch the game.

And again, it's easy to say "get over it," but you're still using it as your rationale to paint Marshall as whiny. Which is, in itself, not getting over it. It's also easy to say "get over it" when you were rewarded for the actions and got the outcome you wanted. It's a two-way street. One on which the nut-punchers do not occupy the high road they think they do.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 25th, 2017, 10:00 am

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Watch the game.

And again, it's easy to say "get over it," but you're still using it as your rationale to paint Marshall as whiny. Which is, in itself, not getting over it. It's also easy to say "get over it" when you were rewarded for the actions and got the outcome you wanted. It's a two-way street. One on which the nut-punchers do not occupy the high road they think they do.

He was whiny after that game. Period. Never said he is today or yesterday or last year.

I understand we benefited from it, but in the same notion, I got over you guys sending the WRONG free throw shooter on purpose to the line (Early instead of Cotton - Early being a much better FT shooter) after the Carmichael karate kick in your come back game.

I did NOT benefit from that at all clearly. Yet, it was in the past. If you Shocker fans want to dwell on something 4 years ago from an old staff and old player, fine. I can't help you.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball