ESPN releases conference BPI rankings

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ESPN releases conference BPI rankings

Postby TheObserver » January 23rd, 2017, 11:26 pm

Red wrote:Honest question, but what do you get out of being here? You get banned time and again and create new names to post the same drivel over and over. And it doesn't change. Everyone can see exactly who you are because the trolling never changes even though the name behind you does. I just don't get it.

I come here to talk basketball. When somebody says something out of line or demeaning or snarky about my team, I respond back accordingly. Some people constitute it as "trolling", even though I'm just responding to a trolling remark. Simple as that.

I change names because I can. I've only been banned once. I'm certainly not trying to hide who I am when I post. I always get a kick out of the Redbird twins or Aces1982 when they act like they're geniuses by uncovering me when I'm making no attempt at all whatsoever in masking my posting style lol. Cracks me up.

I'm more than willing to contribute positively to this site and have in the past. And then you have those that do the same thing I'm accused of doing but seemingly people seem to ignore them because I'm the most popular guy. It takes two or three or four to tango. If you think I'm the singular, big, bad guy in all of this, you're blindly mistaken.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » January 23rd, 2017, 11:38 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I put up with Retire 12 because he uses data to back up his claims.

What data did he used when he calls a poster "a little man"? And that's one of his nice personal attacks. This is what I'm talking about. He doesn't use data for s***. He put together a string of numbers and then made an opinion about them. He still made an OPINION, just like I am able to make an OPINION. He's not right and I may not be right but you always blindly siding with him like he's your little puppet or sidekick is a little bizarre. I get it. You're gonna be bias towards another Redbird clone but don't be hypocritical and act like all he does is pours out a wealth of basketball knowledge. He has a serious hatred for WSU and its fans. You trying to sweep that under the rug doesn't put your credibility in high regard. He can be wrong, you know. He can also be a dick and a troll. But for some reason, you ignore that side of him because he bleeds his Redbird red. And to act like he isn't confrontational here is a complete joke. He's the most confrontational, defensive person on this board and not to just me either. It's to anybody who doesn't agree with him and his Redbirds. So don't even go there.

especially this year where you currently can't use your typical bullying approach as being the kings of the Valley.

Uh, Illinois State hasn't won anything yet. I would't be blasting this out here too soon. WSU is the king of this conference until they get unseated. Game 9 of the regular season is hardly what I'd call a championship. But regardless, calling me a bully, while ignoring retire12's tactics is once again something you fail to acknowledge and/or grasp and makes you look like a blind homer.

Please do us all a favor and go back to Shockernet never to return.

Why? So you two can overrun this place with more of your trolling garbage?

Just do me one favor. Spend some more time with your wife and kids. You clearly follow me around too much and should be more preoccupied with other things. If you truly just wanna touch Valley hoops, then keep my name out of your mouth.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 24th, 2017, 12:19 am

We are all still waiting for you to actually talk this basketball you speak of and back up your claim. Please show your work on this 12 to 16 slide.

You want to talk basketball? Here's your chance hot shot.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 24th, 2017, 8:23 am

I read your entire post, but not going to quote it. I will say this...I enjoyed speaking with you on here, even as recently as a few weeks ago. However, I read the venom you spew on your Shockernet about our fan base, when I mistakenly went over to read your pregame and post game thread when you played ISUr. I believe I even quoted you a few times about how unclassy you are and how bitter you seem to be, especially after losing. That lost my respect for you.

With that said, I am totally willing to bury the hachet on this and just talk Valley Hoops. That's why I'm here. That's why you are here. Just be a bit more respectful and I will expect the same from Retire12 as well and I think he would be fine with it if it weren't for scenarios like...

When you make a random comment about how ISU thinks we will be the new "Kings of the Road" without any evidence that we ever thought that...it's just bitterness and more specifically TROLLING.

Here is the definition of trolling:
"make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

The above message is the definition of trolling towards us Redbird fans. I called you on it and since then we have been at a battle.

You have a posting tendency that comes up in a way that exudes negativity or childish behavior. Just stop that and use your vast knowledge of the game to have adult conversations. Then we will be fine.

I promise I won't do this with you again and I wasn't until you switched screen names ONCE AGAIN.

:Cheers:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LanceShock » January 24th, 2017, 8:55 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:I read your entire post, but not going to quote it. I will say this...I enjoyed speaking with you on here, even as recently as a few weeks ago. However, I read the venom you spew on your Shockernet about our fan base, when I mistakenly went over to read your pregame and post game thread when you played ISUr. I believe I even quoted you a few times about how unclassy you are and how bitter you seem to be, especially after losing. That lost my respect for you.

With that said, I am totally willing to bury the hachet on this and just talk Valley Hoops. That's why I'm here. That's why you are here. Just be a bit more respectful and I will expect the same from Retire12 as well and I think he would be fine with it if it weren't for scenarios like...

When you make a random comment about how ISU thinks we will be the new "Kings of the Road" without any evidence that we ever thought that...it's just bitterness and more specifically TROLLING.

Here is the definition of trolling:
"make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

The above message is the definition of trolling towards us Redbird fans. I called you on it and since then we have been at a battle.

You have a posting tendency that comes up in a way that exudes negativity or childish behavior. Just stop that and use your vast knowledge of the game to have adult conversations. Then we will be fine.

I promise I won't do this with you again and I wasn't until you switched screen names ONCE AGAIN.

:Cheers:

The worst part about it is that when he is just talking basketball, he can have some insightful things to say. There is just so much vitriol to sift through to get there.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 24th, 2017, 9:07 am

LanceShock wrote:The worst part about it is that when he is just talking basketball, he can have some insightful things to say. There is just so much vitriol to sift through to get there.

This right here is the crux of my issue too. I love talking basketball. But I wont sit by and watch a team get trashed while trying to do so. Zero reason for it. If you want to hate on other teams on your own boards, that's great. But that should stop when you get here. This is a place for the Valley to come together and discuss hoops.

I read other boards too, and realize his hate isn't just placed at Illinois State. He hates Creighton, UNI, anyone from the Big 12-2. Definitely Kansas. But right now his hate is focused on ISU, and that's ok... but not when trying to have civil discussions on a conference message board.

Do I go over the line? Absolutely. I'll be the first to say I do. But that's only because I sat back and read years of this spew and nobody stepped up to do anything about it. I'll be the first to apologize to anyone here who thinks I'm ever out of line or thinks it's too much.

I'm all for burying the hatchet, but that ends if the crap continues. Go back and look through the posting history to find the instigator. It's fairly easy.

ShockerFever, Championz, Observer, whatever you want to call yourself these days... if you're at the MVC Tourney... first beer's on me. As long as we can keep it civil around here. Ball's in your court.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » January 24th, 2017, 10:10 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I read your entire post, but not going to quote it. I will say this...I enjoyed speaking with you on here, even as recently as a few weeks ago. However, I read the venom you spew on your Shockernet about our fan base, when I mistakenly went over to read your pregame and post game thread when you played ISUr. I believe I even quoted you a few times about how unclassy you are and how bitter you seem to be, especially after losing. That lost my respect for you.

Here is the only problem with your post that I have. Do you not read your message board? Do you not see the "classiness" that ensues there on a daily basis? Please, please, PLEASE don't give me lessons on classiness when your fanbase does the same thing and arguably worse.

No doubt I don't have a fond feeling for the Redbirds for a few reasons:
1) Wilkins cheap shot nutpunch to Stutz in the 2012 Valley Tournament; read your board afterwards and it was filled with the most ugliness crap I've ever seen on an internet message board
2) Objects thrown at WSU players/coaches after the 2013 comeback win in Normal; read your board afterwards and it was a nuclear war zone of hate and unrest

This has all subsequently grown over the years. But I've never seen such immaturity and doucheness from a fan message board before (and I've seen Creighton's a time or two)

With all that being said, keep the fan boards out of this place. There's no reason to bring it here because the same thing you're complaining about is also happening on your board. It leads to nothing.

retire12 still doesn't know how to conduct himself and is a big-time hypocrite. I'm more than willing to talk basketball but if something derogatory is pinned on WSU in a negative fashion, I'm sure you would expect a similar response.

Moving on.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 24th, 2017, 10:56 pm

TheObserver wrote:
retire12 still doesn't know how to conduct himself and is a big-time hypocrite.

Not wanting to bury the hatchet huh? No problem. Note taken.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 25th, 2017, 8:32 am

TheObserver wrote:
Here is the only problem with your post that I have. Do you not read your message board? Do you not see the "classiness" that ensues there on a daily basis? Please, please, PLEASE don't give me lessons on classiness when your fanbase does the same thing and arguably worse.

No doubt I don't have a fond feeling for the Redbirds for a few reasons:
1) Wilkins cheap shot nutpunch to Stutz in the 2012 Valley Tournament; read your board afterwards and it was filled with the most ugliness crap I've ever seen on an internet message board
2) Objects thrown at WSU players/coaches after the 2013 comeback win in Normal; read your board afterwards and it was a nuclear war zone of hate and unrest

This has all subsequently grown over the years. But I've never seen such immaturity and doucheness from a fan message board before (and I've seen Creighton's a time or two)

I did not read message boards until about 2 years ago. Regardless...
So, because some small sample of Redbird fans who write classless posts on a message board means you should do so as well? If they jumped off a bridge, would you too? And, I am not condoning at all classless posts by our fans at all...I just never read it.

The problem though is this:
You see I understand the majority of Shocker fans are great basketball people. I have experienced it in the past at Arch Madness and enjoyed having a drink, interacting with them even since the Shox began having major success in recent years. When I read ShockerNet, I KNOW that's a small sample of those most outlandish fans there are for Shocker nation...

Therefore, I don't bundle the entire fan base into that select few. It's just not accurate.

I also don't dwell on past experiences and what a player 4 years ago did to Garrett Stutz, nor do I care that Gregg Marshall in his whiny way, jumped in front of Tim Jankovich in the post game presser after that same game just to be childish and bitch about the refs.

Get over it.

As you said moving on.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 25th, 2017, 9:20 am

See. But you don't get to call people childish and whiny when the other coach's gameplan involved nutpunching. That doesn't work. When your MVP gets cheap-shotted, and it actually BENEFITS the other team, you don't have to take the high road. You should lose your s***.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball