Game 9. Half way point

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 9. Half way point

Postby Redbirds4Life » January 24th, 2017, 12:35 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
Blers wrote:

Cdizzle you seem to be the only non-ISUr fan that believes in our team.

I don't think that's true. Though I did notice some UNI fans have started crawling out of the cave now that they are back in the at-large discussion.

I mean, it could happen. Scott and VanWhatsHisFace could go 13/14 from 3. I think they had the ability to play above their heads earlier this year. At this point, they look like they did last year: they've quit.

In what alternate universe is Northern Iowa in an At-Large discussion?
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 24th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Blers wrote:
Awwwww come on Birdseye; isn't this the type of fandom WSU was often criticized for by redbird fans (and others)? I just said it COULD be FUN, I PICKED THE REDBIRDS.

Loyola lost at Wichita this year by 10. It was still a fun game as it was competitive. Drake played tough for the first 30 minutes against ya'll at your house. IT WAS A FUN GAME TO WATCH. CDizzle's right though, i haven't seen ISUb play and forget they're awful against PF's.

Doesn't mean I don't think the Birds aren't legit. I think they're deservedly the best team in the conference. They got tested against Drake and maybe the ISUb buys in and pushes for an upset. Doesn't mean they'll get it, I just said it could be entertaining. On paper it's a blow out, anything less would be exciting. Rellllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Oh you are very right on the fandom statement. It's just odd to think this game is close given what has happened previously with them this season. It's just hard to imagine a 1-7 team giving an 8-0 team fits using the first game as a precedent. I think McIntosh had 20 by halftime in Terre Haute.

Drake tested us only because our offense was dreadful, especially Paris Lee.

Not worked up. Just saw a trend of posters making similar statements about ISUr in the past few days.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 24th, 2017, 12:40 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:I don't think that's true. Though I did notice some UNI fans have started crawling out of the cave now that they are back in the at-large discussion.

I mean, it could happen. Scott and VanWhatsHisFace could go 13/14 from 3. I think they had the ability to play above their heads earlier this year. At this point, they look like they did last year: they've quit.

In what alternate universe is Northern Iowa in an At-Large discussion?

This one requires having a little history both on here and especially reading the UNI board.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 24th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Blers wrote: They got tested against Drake

The only test Drake provided was how we were going to get the ball into the rim more efficiently that game. It didn't matter what name you put on the jersey in front of us that night, we weren't hitting anything. Bunnies, runners, elbows, 3's... we were building houses coming out of the gates that night.

Drake played very tough, but were overmatched by a team playing one of their worst offensive nights since San Francisco.

Our inability to put the ball through the hoop was the issue. We got several open shots, just couldn't hit them. It wasn't anything Drake did.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby salukisideline » January 24th, 2017, 1:01 pm

In what alternate universe is Northern Iowa in an At-Large discussion?[/quote]
This one requires having a little history both on here and especially reading the UNI board.[/quote]

Oh so that was sarcasm, got it...
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Redbirds4Life » January 24th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Cdizzle wrote:This one requires having a little history both on here and especially reading the UNI board.

I guess I don't spend enough of my time reading the UNI message board....wow
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » January 24th, 2017, 1:09 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:This one requires having a little history both on here and especially reading the UNI board.

I guess I don't spend enough of my time reading the UNI message board....wow

Sounds like you probably spend the correct amount of time reading it. :D
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 24th, 2017, 1:12 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Blers wrote:
Awwwww come on Birdseye; isn't this the type of fandom WSU was often criticized for by redbird fans (and others)? I just said it COULD be FUN, I PICKED THE REDBIRDS.

Loyola lost at Wichita this year by 10. It was still a fun game as it was competitive. Drake played tough for the first 30 minutes against ya'll at your house. IT WAS A FUN GAME TO WATCH. CDizzle's right though, i haven't seen ISUb play and forget they're awful against PF's.

Doesn't mean I don't think the Birds aren't legit. I think they're deservedly the best team in the conference. They got tested against Drake and maybe the ISUb buys in and pushes for an upset. Doesn't mean they'll get it, I just said it could be entertaining. On paper it's a blow out, anything less would be exciting. Rellllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Oh you are very right on the fandom statement. It's just odd to think this game is close given what has happened previously with them this season. It's just hard to imagine a 1-7 team giving an 8-0 team fits using the first game as a precedent. I think McIntosh had 20 by halftime in Terre Haute.

Drake tested us only because our offense was dreadful, especially Paris Lee.

Not worked up. Just saw a trend of posters making similar statements about ISUr in the past few days.

Oh my bad, didn't have the background.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 24th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I don't think that's true. Though I did notice some UNI fans have started crawling out of the cave now that they are back in the at-large discussion.

They have won 3 in a row. I wonder what Sweet 16 location they booked their hotels at?
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 24th, 2017, 4:51 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

They have won 3 in a row. I wonder what Sweet 16 location they booked their hotels at?

:lol:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball