Postby Old School MVC » January 22nd, 2017, 9:33 am

Tuesday
SIU @ Wichita
Drake @ MSU

Wednesday
ISUb @ ISUr
EU @ UNI
BU @ Loyola

acesfool wrote:Ill. St -16 vs In St, WSU -18 vs SIU, MSU -11 vs Drake, UNI -5 vs UE, LCU -11 vs BU

Acesfool has set the spread. I will take:

Wichita -18 -- The Shox are a Monster at home.

Drake +11 -- MSU will find a way to keep it close.

ISUb +16 -- ISUr is starting to play to the level of their opponents like in the past. Expect an upset soon.

UNI +5 -- Great line on this one. I just have no trust in Evansville right now.

Loyola - 11 -- Another good line, but Loyola is so much more athletic than Bradley. Hopefully LU learned from their loss at Peoria.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Game 9. Half way point

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Game 9. Half way point

Postby ptownbraves » January 22nd, 2017, 9:48 am

Old School MVC wrote:Loyola - 11 -- Another good line, but Loyola is so much more athletic than Bradley. Hopefully LU learned from their loss at Peoria.

Loyola destroyed Bradley in Peoria. Should be a runaway game for Loyola if Doyle shows up. There is no one that can contain him on BU's roster.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » January 22nd, 2017, 9:55 am

Illinois State won both games this week by an average of 17 points holding their opponents to 53.5 ppg. Offense was average this week, but the defense has been steady.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 22nd, 2017, 10:06 am

Wichita -22 -- SIU - Shockers hometown crowd - Too Good - Too Deep

Drake -5 -- Mo State -- Drake hasn't won in Springfield in a long time, things are changing, this will be the day.

ISU/b +24 -- Illinois State -- Fast, can pour it on.

UNI -10 -- Evansville -- UNI -- UNI playing to win. Big guys can have big games.

Loyola -14 -- Bradley -- Loyola getting better as the year goes on, plus have Sister Jean on their side.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » January 22nd, 2017, 11:05 am

ptownbraves wrote:
Old School MVC wrote:Loyola - 11 -- Another good line, but Loyola is so much more athletic than Bradley. Hopefully LU learned from their loss at Peoria.

Loyola destroyed Bradley in Peoria. Should be a runaway game for Loyola if Doyle shows up. There is no one that can contain him on BU's roster.

My bad, I must have been thinking of the SIU game.

Redbird Recon wrote:Illinois State won both games this week by an average of 17 points holding their opponents to 53.5 ppg. Offense was average this week, but the defense has been steady.

The Redbirds looked sloppy in the 2nd half in Peoria (but when up 20 at half that can happen), and was only up 4 with about 10 minutes to go last night against Drake at home. The defense looks great, but I fear they are reverting back to old habits offensively. We have all seen Dan Muller teams play to the level of their competition. Just have to hope this year they do not return to that form.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bradleyfan1 » January 22nd, 2017, 11:09 am

ptownbraves wrote:

Yes he dominated the game in Peoria.
He did not dominate last year at Gentile. LUuk is due and shot well in Chicago last year. Brown is due. Jaydon and Donte are playing there best ball. DLO is duest of all. Koch is due.

I loved the zone press we were running against the bears . More active and get to the shooters .

Braves fend off the 4 game losing streak and win this one.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 22nd, 2017, 11:24 am

Old School MVC wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:

My bad, I must have been thinking of the SIU game.

Redbird Recon wrote:Illinois State won both games this week by an average of 17 points holding their opponents to 53.5 ppg. Offense was average this week, but the defense has been steady.

The Redbirds looked sloppy in the 2nd half in Peoria (but when up 20 at half that can happen), and was only up 4 with about 10 minutes to go last night against Drake at home. The defense looks great, but I fear they are reverting back to old habits offensively. We have all seen Dan Muller teams play to the level of their competition. Just have to hope this year they do not return to that form.

Muller has been much better these last 10+ games with his in game coaching.

At the end of the day, defense travels and we are 3rd in the nation in defensive fg %

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-me ... t/team/149
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 22nd, 2017, 11:32 am

Old School MVC wrote:Tuesday
SIU @ Wichita
Drake @ MSU

Wednesday
ISUb @ ISUr
EU @ UNI
BU @ Loyola

Wichita - 15
MSU - 8.5
ISUr - 18
UNI -7.5
Loyola -7
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 23rd, 2017, 10:26 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:Luuk is due and shot well in Chicago last year. Brown is due. Jaydon and Donte are playing there best ball. DLO is duest of all. Koch is due.

Saying everyone is due is just another way of saying that everyone sucks. These guys aren't "due," they are just inconsistent. If we could every get a game where we take Jojo @ Evansville, Jaydon and Donte from @ MSU, Luuk from vs. UNI and DB from Hofstra, we could beat anyone in the league. But these guys aren't good enough to play like that consistently, hence all the up and down for us.

Wichita -16
Missouri St -9
ISUr -16
Loyola -12
UNI -7
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » January 24th, 2017, 10:21 am

Tuesday Night

I really like Missouri State this year, they gave Illinois State a really tough test at Redbird a few weeks ago, but after seeing Drake this weekend, I think they keep it close and cover. Drake plays about as hard as anyone in the league, but the talent isn't there. Bears by 5.

In Wichita, I think the Salukis come to play and keep it relatively close throughout the game, but in the end run out of steam. Shox by 13.

Wednesday Night

I am usually the pessimistic Illinois State fan and assume the worst is coming....being that it usually does....but, I think the roll the Sycamores. At home, and with the best defense in the league, the birds make it a clean sweep to make up for the disaster in St. Louis last season. Birds by 22.

Loyola and Bradley, probably the toughest game of the week to pick. Loyola has the better team and the best player on the floor, but they also have a team that just can't stay consistent. Usually there is an upset every week in the league, so I'll say the Braves get it done. Braves by 3.

Evansville isn't very good, and Northern Iowa seems to have figured it out. UNI isn't the UNI of years past, but Evansville is a candidate for the worst team in the conference. Hotter Team, better coach, better team....UNI will win easily. Panthers by 17.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball