Game 9. Half way point

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 9. Half way point

Postby hot nuts » January 24th, 2017, 10:37 am

Bulldogs - Upset city, baby!
Shockers - Don't like picking against the Shockers...causes too much fighting around here
Redbirds - Because I really hope the birds win when I'm at the game.
Ramblers - I did some research and it appears Bradley isn't very good yet
Aces - Martyball!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 24th, 2017, 10:50 am

hot nuts wrote:Ramblers - I did some research and it appears Bradley isn't very good yet

That's what Loyola thought last year when Bradley came to Chicago.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Old School MVC » January 24th, 2017, 11:49 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
hot nuts wrote:Ramblers - I did some research and it appears Bradley isn't very good yet

That's what Loyola thought last year when Bradley came to Chicago.

But they did revenge that loss beating Bradley on Thursday night in STL
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » January 24th, 2017, 11:58 am

Shockers-This game will be a good gauge of where both teams are at... though i expect a convincing Shockers victory.

Redbirds- ISUb usually seems to play up to tough competition, could be a fun one.

MSU-My heart says Drake steals one, my head says it's MSU

LU- Won 6 out of their last 7 against Bradley, the one loss was a buzzer beater at home, that was a very different team however. Team should recover from the double OT fatigue they showed against Evansville, bench is starting to come along as well, but i'm sure it'll be tougher than round one.

UNI- UNI gaining confidence.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 24th, 2017, 12:00 pm

Blers wrote:Redbirds- ISUb usually seems to play up to tough competition, could be a fun one.

I don't think any more. I think they are done for the year. ISUr also has significant strengths where ISUb struggles (PF). This will be a blowout.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 24th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Blers wrote:Redbirds- ISUb usually seems to play up to tough competition, could be a fun one.

I don't think any more. I think they are done for the year. ISUr also has significant strengths where ISUb struggles (PF). This will be a blowout.

Cdizzle you seem to be the only non-ISUr fan that believes in our team. We were up 24 points on ISUb at their place at halftime. We are 8-0 with the 3rd best defensive fg% in the country.

They are 1-7, yet....this game might be close when it's at Redbird Arena, a place we haven't lost at this year?? Uhhh.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 24th, 2017, 12:06 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Cdizzle you seem to be the only non-ISUr fan that believes in our team.

I don't think that's true. Though I did notice some UNI fans have started crawling out of the cave now that they are back in the at-large discussion.

I mean, it could happen. Scott and VanWhatsHisFace could go 13/14 from 3. I think they had the ability to play above their heads earlier this year. At this point, they look like they did last year: they've quit.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 24th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Current live spreads:

WSU -17
MSU - 9.5
ISUr -14.5
Loy -12.5
UNI - 4
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » January 24th, 2017, 12:29 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Cdizzle you seem to be the only non-ISUr fan that believes in our team. We were up 24 points on ISUb at their place at halftime. We are 8-0 with the 3rd best defensive fg% in the country.

They are 1-7, yet....this game might be close when it's at Redbird Arena, a place we haven't lost at this year?? Uhhh.

Awwwww come on Birdseye; isn't this the type of fandom WSU was often criticized for by redbird fans (and others)? I just said it COULD be FUN, I PICKED THE REDBIRDS.

Loyola lost at Wichita this year by 10. It was still a fun game as it was competitive. Drake played tough for the first 30 minutes against ya'll at your house. IT WAS A FUN GAME TO WATCH. CDizzle's right though, i haven't seen ISUb play and forget they're awful against PF's.

Doesn't mean I don't think the Birds aren't legit. I think they're deservedly the best team in the conference. They got tested against Drake and maybe the ISUb buys in and pushes for an upset. Doesn't mean they'll get it, I just said it could be entertaining. On paper it's a blow out, anything less would be exciting. Rellllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 24th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Blers wrote:
Loyola lost at Wichita this year by 10. It was still a fun game as it was competitive. Drake played tough for the first 30 minutes against ya'll at your house. IT WAS A FUN GAME TO WATCH.

The Loyola-WSU game was pretty fun to watch because of style of play. That Drake-ISUr game was pretty terrible. Ugly wins are still good wins, but I don't think many would argue it was a bit of an eyesore.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball