If Wichita Left.... (RPI Talk)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: If Wichita Left.... (RPI Talk)

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 27th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Nobody is underestimating the loss of Wichita State. We've proven over the past week that you seriously overestimated it, but nobody is underestimating it.

You've proven nothing. Neither has anyone else, but it's not like you've thrown out some fact that settles anything.

The 12 to 16 is dead, is it not? If you're not willing to concede that point, from any angle... I just can't help you.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 27th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Nobody is underestimating the loss of Wichita State. We've proven over the past week that you seriously overestimated it, but nobody is underestimating it.

You've proven nothing. Neither has anyone else, but it's not like you've thrown out some fact that settles anything.

At least he and Asian Sensation showed real data to argue the points. Some just use their own perceptions to create a false reality. Overvaluing one thing to undervalue the others based on their own interests.

I'll take data points all day every day over random Shocker fans just defending their crown and overall worth with or without them around by bringing up hypothetical questions that are impossible to answer (just like the ones I created to counter yours with Marshall and who will step up next).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2017, 4:34 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:Jobs Marshall would entertain:
Kentucky
KU (Won't happen as KU despises him)
Duke (Will hire within)
North Carolina
Louisville
Syracuse
Texas (Didn't happen and they took Shaka)
Villanova
Indiana
Michigan St.
Arizona
UCLA (Happened while WSU was in the Final Four)
Florida (Has already came open once)

Of all of these I think Kentucky, North Carolina, and Louisville would be the most enticing to him.

Did Marshall share this wish list with you? Kidding.

You forgot to include Evansville on the list though.

You yourself threw out a list. You said ignoring that list was optimism as some indication of ignorance in WSU fans. I've listed why I don't think your list is realistic. I don't pretend that anyone really knows, but I think the 'optimism' is well-founded.

Many people, including a plurality on this board have been claiming 2 things every year since 2012:

1) Marshall will be gone before the next season.
2) WSU is going to be way worse next season.

None of them has been right yet. Yet WSU fans are the 'irrationally optimistic' ones.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

The 12 to 16 is dead, is it not? If you're not willing to concede that point, from any angle... I just can't help you.

I missed out on where the 12 to 16 thing came from to begin with, but no I'm not willing to 'concede that point', as you put it, based on the data provided. Because it is really poorly executed math that created your 'conclusive data'. The data is available to do the math correctly, but you didn't do it.

I make no claim about where the conference RPI would end up. I don't really care. But I don't like poor math demonstrated as absolute reality, either.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 27th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:Jobs Marshall would entertain:
Kentucky
KU (Won't happen as KU despises him)
Duke (Will hire within)
North Carolina
Louisville
Syracuse
Texas (Didn't happen and they took Shaka)
Villanova
Indiana
Michigan St.
Arizona
UCLA (Happened while WSU was in the Final Four)
Florida (Has already came open once)

Of all of these I think Kentucky, North Carolina, and Louisville would be the most enticing to him.

Did Marshall share this wish list with you? Kidding.

You forgot to include Evansville on the list though.

You yourself threw out a list. You said ignoring that list was optimism as some indication of ignorance in WSU fans. I've listed why I don't think your list is realistic. I don't pretend that anyone really knows, but I think the 'optimism' is well-founded.

Many people, including a plurality on this board have been claiming 2 things every year since 2012:

1) Marshall will be gone before the next season.
2) WSU is going to be way worse next season.

None of them has been right yet. Yet WSU fans are the 'irrationally optimistic' ones.

Wow. Again, my response was a joke. His list was good....you just got really worked up again for no reason.

Go have a drink. It's 5pm and it appears you need one.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 27th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I missed out on where the 12 to 16 thing came from to begin with, but no I'm not willing to 'concede that point', as you put it, based on the data provided. Because it is really poorly executed math that created your 'conclusive data'. The data is available to do the math correctly, but you didn't do it.

I make no claim about where the conference RPI would end up. I don't really care. But I don't like poor math demonstrated as absolute reality, either.

Did you really just say you don't like the math presented but you're too lazy to show that the math isn't accurate? Spicer is that you? Is it ok to disagree with the facts around here too? And you're arguing points that you never even read to start with? :shock:

Until you prove the math inaccurate, or actually do your own... the 12 to 16 has been proven false.

Holy cow some of you Shocker fans... good lord.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 27th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:I missed out on where the 12 to 16 thing came from to begin with, but no I'm not willing to 'concede that point', as you put it, based on the data provided. Because it is really poorly executed math that created your 'conclusive data'. The data is available to do the math correctly, but you didn't do it.

Did you really just say you don't like the math presented but you're too lazy to show that the math isn't accurate? Spicer is that you? Is it ok to disagree with the facts around here too? And you're arguing points that you never even read to start with? :shock:

Until you prove the math inaccurate, or actually do your own... the 12 to 16 has been proven false.

Holy cow some of you Shocker fans... good lord.

:lol:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » January 27th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Troll them for 2 seconds about Charles Koch Arena and watch them lose the crap....

Also, I know some of you aren't that delusional to think there are only about 15 or so jobs Marahall would take over Wichita....there have been plenty of coaches that have said, I'm here to stay...and so on and so forth....
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » January 27th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:Troll them for 2 seconds about Charles Koch Arena and watch them lose the crap....

Also, I know some of you aren't that delusional to think there are only about 15 or so jobs Marahall would take over Wichita....there have been plenty of coaches that have said, I'm here to stay...and so on and so forth....

There aren't 15 jobs. Marshall has also stated he doesn't want to coach forever. I think he'll retire in less than 10 years. IF he moves on, it'll be for a job that's well established (no rebuilding) and most likely in the South.

Of the handful of schools he'd probably consider, how many are going to hire him knowing he's only hanging around for a handful of years? Maybe they think they could entice him to stay longer, but the man has his sights on enjoying retirement with his lovely wife, on a beach and mixing in some golf. He's not going to coach so long he can't enjoy doing what he wants to.

He very well may consider Kentucky or L'ville if they opened and he were offered. UNC will stay in the family. Same with Duke. I don't see him going into the northern states to coach his final years. Maybe I'm wrong or something surprising happens with a school. I don't think it's a 100% certainty he stays until he retires, but I do think it's more likely than not. And if we get into the AAC, that likelihood goes up.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » January 27th, 2017, 10:11 pm

SubGod22 wrote:IF he moves on, it'll be for a job that's well established (no rebuilding) and most likely in the South.

I completely concur with this. When does his daughter graduate. This year? I think that held him back recently.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball