Toughest Buildings in the MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Toughest Buildings in the MVC

Postby Wufan » January 28th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Old School MVC wrote:Bradley counts their attendance as Tickets SOLD

Most others count their attendance as People at the game.

Not quite. Most schools report tickets sold rather than butts in seats. Bradley is no exception, and even if they have a lower % of butts in seats vs sales, their attendance is still admirable considering the state of the program. Not sure why you'd try and show that the Braves are second class based on this metric. There are several things they've sucked at recently, but support is t one of them. Same goes for WSU and Koch arena...you are more likely to look ignorant than cause any loss of face with that those kinds of silly remarks.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyFan71 » January 28th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Wufan wrote:

Not quite. Most schools report tickets sold rather than butts in seats. Bradley is no exception, and even if they have a lower % of butts in seats vs sales, their attendance is still admirable considering the state of the program. Not sure why you'd try and show that the Braves are second class based on this metric. There are several things they've sucked at recently, but support is t one of them. Same goes for WSU and Koch arena...you are more likely to look ignorant than cause any loss of face with that those kinds of silly remarks.

Exactly! I'd love to see the support the Redbirds would get with similar results to Bradley.

That said, I expect no less than a 2017 Sweet 16 run from the Redbirds.
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » January 28th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Wufan wrote:

I am not trying to show them as second class. Bradley was spouting off about attendance, but their "attendance" reported is not how many people were at a game. I agree, if most schools in the Valley had fallen on hard times like the Braves, they would not get many of the tickets sold. My point is though, don't talk about your attendance when it is not actually your attendance.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » January 28th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Old School MVC wrote:
Wufan wrote:

I am not trying to show them as second class. Bradley was spouting off about attendance, but their "attendance" reported is not how many people were at a game. I agree, if most schools in the Valley had fallen on hard times like the Braves, they would not get many of the tickets sold. My point is though, don't talk about your attendance when it is not actually your attendance.

I agree. I would love for Bradley to actually announce attendance!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » January 28th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Guess how many years our school has pondered going D-2 due to crappy athletics, coaching, and administration?

None.

This is news to me. Where did you hear Bradley pondered going D2?
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UE-grad » January 28th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Let's ask another question - rank the home courts based on how well they look on TV.
The eye test for fans outside of the conference

I'd still have Koch at the top, but Gentile and Knapp also play well on TV. (sorry for any spelling errors)

The Ford Center is probably at the bottom, fans are too far away with it being primarily a hockey arena, with a true basketball layout not available.
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SubGod22 » January 28th, 2017, 9:51 pm

UE-grad wrote:Let's ask another question - rank the home courts based on how well they look on TV.
The eye test for fans outside of the conference

I'd still have Koch at the top, but Gentile and Knapp also play well on TV. (sorry for any spelling errors)

The Ford Center is probably at the bottom, fans are too far away with it being primarily a hockey arena, with a true basketball layout not available.

Gentile and Knapp typically have way too many empty seats on TV. At least the games I've seen. Though I'm not sure if I've seen anything as bad as the Wichita game at Indy State. The one thing Gentile has is it's small enough that it doesn't take a huge boost in attendance to make it look OK.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 31st, 2017, 10:14 am

https://twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop/sta ... 3174067202

I feel like this tweet holds some weight. Coming from Wichita's own beat writer.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » January 31st, 2017, 11:44 am

Wow. Never realized ticket envy was a real thing.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird222 » February 1st, 2017, 11:46 pm

Big Difference and great point
Redbird222
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball