Second half of League play begins: MVC Game 10

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Second half of League play begins: MVC Game 10

Postby TheObserver » January 28th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Nope. It's already been determined that UNI is just not a good team and certainly not capable of hanging with either of the front-runners.

I'm curious where you and your brashness was during the 7 game skid. Win a few and now UNI is a Sweet 16 contender. Typical.

Honestly, you should be 3-7 right now but got a few favorable bounces and a few favorable whistles to get to .500. When you start off 0-5 in Valley play, what do you expect to hear about your team? You can say you're Sweet 16 caliber and be all chippy and everything, but you're still .500 in the Valley 10 games in and still a game under .500 overall at 10-11. I'm not sure why you're being so damn defensive with those types of stats following you around.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ranbkers Win Again

Postby Brot4britu » January 28th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Well, these little giants might be ffor real ! They defeated the Trees at Terre Hautr=e rather easily--Are the Ramblers that good ?? Or are the Trees that bad ?? A lot of both !!
Apparently the Ramblers have too many guns for most --not all--of this League at this time
Brot4britu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Drakey » January 28th, 2017, 5:17 pm

UNI is a mediocre team that was able to beat a mediocre Drake team largely due to officiating. I don't know if it is this way every game, but officials just don't seem to call obvious fouls on UNI. Literally every drive begins with a forearm push off by the offensive player, and it was not called even once. 25-5 free throw advantage in the second half for UNI vs Drake.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » January 28th, 2017, 5:28 pm

isumvc1 wrote:congrats Loyola, the Sycamores have waived the white flag on the season, highly unlikely we win anymore games this season.

Don't forget you still have one more game against Bradley, even though that game is in the hostile environment of Carver Arena. ;)
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 28th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Drakey wrote:UNI is a mediocre team that was able to beat a mediocre Drake team largely due to officiating. I don't know if it is this way every game, but officials just don't seem to call obvious fouls on UNI. Literally every drive begins with a forearm push off by the offensive player, and it was not called even once. 25-5 free throw advantage in the second half for UNI vs Drake.

To be fair, the free throw disparity was 12-1 in the last two minutes....but that still leaves a 13-4 advantage for UNI prior to that. And some of those free throws for UNI in the last two minutes were not on "intentional" fouls by Drake.

I was probably more frustrated by the fouls that weren't called on UNI than I was by the ones called against Drake.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Khan4Cats » January 28th, 2017, 7:26 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Nope. It's already been determined that UNI is just not a good team and certainly not capable of hanging with either of the front-runners.

I'm curious where you and your brashness was during the 7 game skid. Win a few and now UNI is a Sweet 16 contender. Typical.

Honestly, you should be 3-7 right now but got a few favorable bounces and a few favorable whistles to get to .500. When you start off 0-5 in Valley play, what do you expect to hear about your team? You can say you're Sweet 16 caliber and be all chippy and everything, but you're still .500 in the Valley 10 games in and still a game under .500 overall at 10-11. I'm not sure why you're being so damn defensive with those types of stats following you around.

Again, YOU are the only one saying UNI is Sweet 16 bound. Not sure your insecurity with regards to UNI, might it have something to do with having to face us in St. Louis, might it be that we have been right on your heels as far as Valley notoriety? Not sure what it is. Again, you and others have declared that UNI is not really any good, so I am not sure why you are worried.

And I have always been here. Not much time to post anything when all the air is sucked out of this place by you and your 10 screen names, plus I was on PN trying to talk people off the ledge there. I don't have 23 hours a day to post on multiple sites under multiple names.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » January 28th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:we have been right on your heels as far as Valley notoriety?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You seriously believe this, don't you? There is a rather large gap between WSU and UNI as far as notoriety goes. Please don't even go there and think UNI and WSU are on the same page.

Statements like that makes me feel that you can't be taken seriously and legitimize my belief that a large segment of your fanbase thinks they're going to win 20 games and make another "run". I'm not the one saying it. Your fans are saying it. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Khan4Cats wrote:Again, you and others have declared that UNI is not really any good, so I am not sure why you are worried.

Speaking of putting words into peoples' mouths, who on here has said they were worried about UNI? I'm certainly not and don't think many others have said as much either. You are what your record says you are. Your record has declared that UNI is not very good, not me. Sorry if that's difficult to comprehend.

Khan4Cats wrote:And I have always been here.

True, you have been here. I do see you have chimed in with a defensive officiating comment a time or two but have recently upped your activity.

If you wanna just magically ignore the season prior to the last 5 games, that's your prerogative. When people are still skeptical about UNI based on their other 16 games, you should probably just accept it. The season didn't start on January 12th.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby James_SIU » January 28th, 2017, 7:57 pm

40-28 MSU on top of SIU at the half. MSU shooting 63% is the primary reason for the domination. Can't be too upset with how SIU is playing. MSU is just hot right now.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 28th, 2017, 8:31 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:we have been right on your heels as far as Valley notoriety?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You seriously believe this, don't you? There is a rather large gap between WSU and UNI as far as notoriety goes. Please don't even go there and think UNI and WSU are on the same page.

Statements like that makes me feel that you can't be taken seriously and legitimize my belief that a large segment of your fanbase thinks they're going to win 20 games and make another "run". I'm not the one saying it. Your fans are saying it. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Khan4Cats wrote:Again, you and others have declared that UNI is not really any good, so I am not sure why you are worried.

Speaking of putting words into peoples' mouths, who on here has said they were worried about UNI? I'm certainly not and don't think many others have said as much either. You are what your record says you are. Your record has declared that UNI is not very good, not me. Sorry if that's difficult to comprehend.

Khan4Cats wrote:And I have always been here.

True, you have been here. I do see you have chimed in with a defensive officiating comment a time or two but have recently upped your activity.

If you wanna just magically ignore the season prior to the last 5 games, that's your prerogative. When people are still skeptical about UNI based on their other 16 games, you should probably just accept it. The season didn't start on January 12th.

For your next screen name try: The Obsessor
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James_SIU » January 28th, 2017, 9:30 pm

SIU made quite a comeback in the second half and did just enough in OT to win 85-84 over MSU. Was a must win for SIU and I can't remember the last time SIU swept the season series against the Bears. Was a very entertaining game. Alize Johnson and Sean O'Brien put on a show. Combined they had 50 Pts and shot 20-28 from the floor. I wouldn't like SIUs chances against them if there is a 3rd game this year.
James_SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball